Chapter 16

Another Cliché Story [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohee's POV -

"The winner of this year's fair is Yonsei University!" The man announced. We looked at each other in excitement. Even though we were confident that we'd win, there was still that uneasy feeling within us that maybe we weren't going to win this thing. We had a group hug while the other groups around us cheered and congratulated us. 

"Han Seohee, Bae Aeri, Park Woojin, and Jung Jaehyun worked hard on their astounding project on improvements of virus-like particle vaccines," the man continued. We went up as we were told in order to be awarded a trophy. Along with a big check that was awarded to our science department and scholarships for the four of us. 

After shaking hands with a bunch of people from elite science organizations across the nations we were taken out to a fancy lunch then dropped off at the school. A crowd of people was waiting for us. Our friends, professor, and the whole science department greeted and congratulated us on our victory. 

 

"Remeber, my house at 9," Aeri told us. Today was the party and she told us that we'd definitely have a great time since we won. She apparently invited a lot of people including the rest of my friends. 

Mirae, Mark, Herin, and Woojin were coming to our house first to hang for a while and have a little celebration for the victory Woojin and I had for the project. I got home and went straight to the bathroom. I needed to take a shower so that I could feel refreshed for the party. Once I got out the shower I decided to put on a light coat of make-up and do my hair. I needed to make an effort to make myself look pretty and fit in with society for once. I spent close to two hours working on hair and makeup, just so it could get ruined in a matter of seconds. For my outfit, I decided to wear a long sleeve red lace blouse with some black jeans to go with it. While I was changing I heard the doorbell ring. 

"I'll get it," Jihoon screamed as he got out his room and went downstairs to open the door. I heard Mark's 'Wassup' loud and clear so I knew they were here. I quickly changed so that I could greet my friends downstairs. 

"Damn, someones looking good today," Mirae said with a flirtatious tone. Herin and Woojin nodded their heads in agreement while Mark gave me a thumbs up. I just laughed and shook my head. "Well I needed to look good today," I joked. 

"Well you succeeded at that," Woojin said putting his arms around me. We all walked over to the living room and sat down on the sofas. On the coffee table was a small cake along with a bottle of sparkling cider. "We knew that you're still underage, so we got you some nice strawberry flavored sparkling cider," Herin said. I just laughed. It was true, all of them were already 18 except for me. I was stuck being born in the last month of the year, so it made me the youngest amongst my group of friends despite being born in the same year. 

Jihoon went into the kitchen to get some plates and glasses. Mark popped open the bottle and poured us all some cider. Mirae cut the cake and distributed the slices. "Cheers to our two brainiacs on winning the fair today," Jihoon said raising his glass. "Cheers," we all said as we brought a glass up in the air with Jihoon's. We drank our drinks and ate the cake. We spent some time just talking and chilling around since it's been a while since we done that together.

"We should get going," Jihoon said looking at the time on his phone. We all got up and headed out the door. 

"You two better come home before the sun rises," Seoah said as she came down the stairs. Jihoon and I just laughed and nodded our heads. Before we closed the door she told us to be careful and we all just said yes in response. Jihoon decided to drive us there since our mom allowed him to use the car. Her house was around a ten-minute walk from our house so it wasn't such a bad idea to take the car. 

Jihoon parked the car right across the street from Aeri's house. You could obviously tell which house was hers. Lots of college students around and loud music coming out from the house, there was no way you could miss it. We went up the door and before we could do anything it swung open. "You guys came!" Aeri said. 

"Yeah, I did say that we were coming....." I responded. She just smiled and dragged me into the house. The others followed behind me. It was crowded, filled with lots of people we knew from high school and from college. The music was loud that it was hard to hear people talk unless they screamed in your ears.  

You could smell alcohol everywhere. Beer cans and soju bottles everywhere. What caught my attention was a mini bar set up in the kitchen which had all sorts of colorful drinks. It was my first time at one of these parties but I was no fool, I knew the dirty little things that go down in these type of parties. 

"There you guys are," someone said coming in between Woojin and me while putting their arms around us.

"Ay what's up," Woojin said. I looked to see who it was. "Oh, hey Jaehyun," I said finally realizing who this supposed stranger was.

"I didn't think Aeri would throw this kind of party,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter