Chapter 9

Another Cliché Story [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Park Mirae's POV -

I was sitting at the table where we usually sit for lunch. It was a long and busy week but Friday finally came. I haven't seen Seohee all week so I was looking forward to having lunch with her. I looked at my phone to check the time. She told me she was going to be a little late but half an hour already passed. I sent her a text a while back asking about her whereabouts but I got no response. So I decided to text her again, hoping to get a response. 

I was done all my classes for the day so I could wait for her as long as I wanted to, but the question was did I want to do that? I would give her another thirty minute. If she didn't come then I would leave. To waste some time I decided to do some of my homework. I took out my calculus textbook to see what problems my professor assigned for homework.

I started to work on some problems but the more I did the more I started to feel tired. To keep myself awake I decided to distract myself on my phone. I was scrolling through my social media accounts to see if anything interesting happened in the world. After some scrolling, I decided to play some games. I was in the middle of a game when some called my name. I looked up to see who it was. 

"Oh great, it would have been awkward if it wasn't you," Donghyun said laughing. I was surprised to see him and didn't know what to say so I just laughed too. "Can I sit down?" he asked. I nodded my head and moved my books so it wouldn't be in his way. 

"Were you doing homework?" he asked. 

"Yeah, I was waiting for Seohee to come by but she's running late, so I decided to do some work. I guess I just got a bit distracted," I replied waving my phone. He nodded his head and laughed. "Yeah, I tend to procrastinate too. I get on my phone to check something for a second but then an hour passes and I'm still on my phone."

I just nodded my head in agreement. He tilted his head and looked over my textbook, "Calculus?" he asked. I nodded my head. 

"If you ever need help you can always come to the tutoring center and I can help you with it," he said smiling. I nodded my head, "You work there?" I asked. 

"Yeah, since last year actually. I'm usually there on Tuesdays and Thursdays from three to five. I'm really good at math." He responded. 

"Oh okay. I'll definitely come by if I ever need help," I told him. 

"Good! Well, I should be leaving soon. I need to get home. See you around Mirae." He said getting up. 

"Oh, okay. See you around," I responded back and waved. He smiled and waved back. Once he left I was by myself still waiting for Seohee. I closed my textbook and put it away. There was no point in keeping it out if I was just going to distract myself and not do any work. I looked at my phone to che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter