Chapter 8

Another Cliché Story [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohee's POV -

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad," the professor started off. Aeri and I looked at each other and sheepishly laughed. "I heard from your teachers in high school that you two were the smartest students, especially in the sciences," he continued. I let out a sigh of relief. I thought he needed to talk about something serious, but from what he said it didn't seem serious at all. 

"Ah...thank you," Aeri and I said together. 

"There is a science fair and I think it'd be a great opportunity if you two formed a group and represent our university. The winners receive a scholarship from one of the elite science organizations in our country. Plus, the winner's university also receives funds for their science program. The head of the science department wanted me to inform you guys, hoping you guys would think it over," the professor told us. 

I looked at Aeri and shrugged my shoulders, "I'm okay with it, how about you Aeri?" I said. 

"Does it just have to be the two of us?" She asked. I looked at her and felt somewhat offended. She obviously didn't want to work with me alone, but I wouldn't blame her. I don't want to work with her either but I didn't want to be rude and decline the professors offer. 

"According to the fair rules, the maximum amount for a group is four people. So as long as if it doesn't go over four then you girls are fine. I will need to know who the others are though," the professor responded. We both nodded our heads, "Okay, we'll let you know by Wednesday," I told him.

We left the lecture room and started walking. "Who do you have in mind?" I asked Aeri. "Jaehyun."

I turned to her and gave her a look wanting an explanation. "It's not fair that you get to walk with him to class and be all buddy-buddy with him. I want him to work with us."

"Okay fine. I'll ask him if-"

"No, I want to ask him!" she interrupted me. 

"And how are you going to do that?" I asked putting my hands on my hips. She didn't say anything back. "Okay, just meet me at the smoothie shack around 3 today. I'll ask him to meet us there so that we can both ask him," I told her. She let out a sigh and rolled her eye, "Fine."

 

I was the first one by the smoothie shack. I decided to order myself ice tea and some cookies so that we can all share. I sat down at one of the tables waiting for them. I took out my phone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter