Best Part

YongSeo Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was greeted with the heat and humidity as soon as she entered her apartment. She frowned as she placed her bag on the sofa and made her way to the thermostat trying to remember if she turned the AC on before leaving that morning. She was sure she did. It was the middle of summer and not one soul would want to be caught outside or inside without AC. Welp. She did turned it on.

"Why are you doing this to me?" she muttered under her breath as she took the screwdriver out of her mini tool box "Can't you work without me poking you?" she continued her one man show. After a few pit and pat, the AC zoomed into action and began emanating cold air.

Living in the city alone wasn't easy. Well not really alone she got relatives here and there, she got friends too from uni and she got her boyfriend. With her meager allowance from her part time job and a bit of her inheritance from her grandfather, she can only get by. Her taking her masters in the city is not what she originally planned. After she graduated from college, she was supposed to go to Canada for work and live with her aunt but her heart got the best of her. She just couldn't part with Jung Yonghwa.

Her childhood bestfriend.
Her lover.
Who happens to be a very very famous actor.

She scoffed as she took out a pack of ramyeon to eat for lunch. She has been living independently for more than a year now since she moved to the city. Her family opposed the relationship. They were okay with them being bestfriends. In fact, her family knows him and his family too, but as soon as he was scouted and his popularity went off the roof, they began to discourage her. She understood their fears. She was in for a total heart break. How many of these famous peoples relationships really last? A few here and there. She knows it. Those that actually lasts are of equal footing.

She is average.

Both money and looks and achievements. 

Her family isn't poor, her dad runs their family business but she can't live off of them forever. One day she has to be on her own so why not start early? When she decided to study in the city, Yonghwa asked her to move in with him but she doesn't want to take the risk. She doesn't want to be dependent of him. She doesn't want to admit it but she too is scared of the possibility that this may really not work at all. She knows she's not being pessimitic, she's just being realistic. 

And so this is the life she has to lead just to be with him. She just hopes to finish her masters, get a better job offer within the city and stop eating ramyeon twice a day to survive.

She leaned on her sink counter as she waited for her ramyeon to cook, people back home know their status, her uni friends know too since Yonghwa has been picking her up everytime he's available. Actually the general public knows he has someone special, they just don't mince details to bits unlike those of idols. Thank goodness Yonghwa is an actor. But they seldom go out in public. Once in a while they do, eat dinner somewhere fancy every now and then but most of the time, they just stay at home, away from the publics prying eyes. 

It's not easy, it never was. She broke up with him a lot of times because of his career. He doesn't need a girlfriend from his old town to think about. He should move forward and not look back. When she finally decided that he is sincere and that he really wanted this to work, her next battle is with herself. During their first year of being together and his fast rising popularity, she was very very jealous and insecure that she can not even watch any of his dramas. Even during the time when all he had were little support roles, as long as someone is partnered with him, she just couldn't bare to watch it. It only became worse when he started getting lead roles. How in the world can she compare herself to those actresses? It also doesn't help that everytime he gets paired with s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter