Wait

YongSeo Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wait

 

Seo Joohyun stood silently by their living room window looking down at the brightly lit highway by the cars passing through rushing towards their comfortable homes. She wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed them lightly as if the warmth coming from the heater is not enough. Was it really a good idea to turn down Hwanhee’s invitation for dinner? If she did accept it, she would’ve been laughing now with their friends over some comic antics that happened at one of the many early morning jogs by Minji along the Han River. Probably this time it’ll be about a woman shouting at her husband because he chose to run that certain chewed gum infested path as the husband scraped the gum that’s decided to stick to his wife’s newly bought rubber shoes. Half of the girl might not actually find it funny but sweet just imagining the husband on his knees and quietly accepting his wife’s rant. It would’ve been a fun night.

But why did she decline?

She’s having one of those off days. She knew for a fact that after that dinner, their friends would be picked up by their husbands or fiancées and since she’s never driven herself when she knows that there’ll be alcohol because she’s responsible like that, she has two choices, ride a cab or get a free lift from one of her friends which she found herself doing a lot lately every time they hang out. Free lifts with friends are nice, you don’t have to concentrate on the road, you have all the pleasure of looking out and seeing people and shops as they go about their lives not minding if you need to take a u-turn or if someone is trying to cut or if you need to make a cut.

I miss you

She whispered into thin air.

That’s the problem with too much silence and solitude, it’s giving your mind the right to think of the many things that had happened and might happen. The mistakes that you’ve made and probably the mistakes you will be making. Think about the people who have come and gone.

Think of HIM

She chanced to look at her right where the pictures are and saw their picture together. It feels like it has been decades since that photo was taken but in reality it hasn’t even been 2 years. It was the same day he proposed. She lifted her left hand and looked at the ring.

You promised forever but how can forever exist if you aren’t here?

They have always talked about the house that they would want to live in, how many children they’ll have. He even directly asked her what type of engagement ring she wants which surprised and irritated her all at the same time. She’s one of those girls who have envisioned their engagement and wedding in their heads. She told him to just get her anything that would fit his budget since both of them are not big spenders and it’s not like they’re rich. Joohyun thinks it will much better to save the money for the future. She’s a voice coach for a big entertainment company while he’s a full time soldier, a First Lieutenant of the Air force. They met through Hwanhee’s husband who was then serving his military service. It wasn’t love at first sight, for her atleast, because she’s got her eye on one of the producer in the agency she works for. Although nothing was really going on but they did go out a few times with other people but the attention the producer has given her in these few occasion is enough to make her heart flutter.

But of course. HE came.

He’s humorous and witty and manly at the same time. Loves music as she does so that was something they were able to talk about each and every time their path cross. But what Joohyun feel for was not those but that he is constant and consistent. He was always there. It wasn’t long since she agreed to be his girlfriend. They were happy and contented.

She didn’t realize that tears began falling from her eyes at the same time as she watch the white fluff obscuring her now view of the outside. Little by little it covered the street white and she had once again succumbed to loneliness of missing him.

Please keep yourself warm

 

She woke up the next morning with puffy eyes and a message from her best friend

Thought I’d check on you. It snowed the whole night. I know you’re missing him.

I’m okay  

She replied. It was refle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter