Three Words (Part 2)

YongSeo Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part II

Three Words

 

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa once more just to make sure that they are in the right place

“you know what oppa, I always thought you were a cheapskate, but really until now?”

She peeked inside the pojangmacha till she felt his hands on her shoulder pushing her inside

“No matter how my life changes, I always like to go back to how things were” he answered as he pulled a stool for her

“gomawo”

“Where you thinking that I’ll treat you to something expensive?”

She snorted “haHa of course! Between the two of us, you’re the big shoot! I’m just a Busan girl”

“With a business” he reminded her

“And you do too oppa”

He shrugged, he loves what he do, he worked hard for it but there are days when he just wanted to stop and rest.

“so how have you been Seo Joohyun?”

“Still the same oppa”

He leaned on the table and looked at her. Physically she matured, if he can be honest, she bloomed into a very unique yet beautiful flower. Their love story was like any other. He worked for the Seo’s during summer and became Joohyun’s dad right hand man, she helped out and met this young, strong willed oppa who swept her off her feet. During work, they would slip out and make out anywhere that they can hide. It was like any young, passionate, hot blooded love resulting to Yonghwa asking Joohyun to marry him of which she agreed and of which they did.

“Stop looking at me like that, I won’t pay for this meal, you promise it’s you’re treat”

He grinned as he looked at her wiping the utensils with the paper napkin and setting it in front of him

“You look really well and happy Joohyun” he commented

“I look contented oppa, that’s all there is to it”

“I think I can be okay now” he spoke solemnly

Joohyun just stared at him with crunched brows

“don’t mind me, its just that, I always wonder why you never wrote back, I’ve sent you hundreds of letters, letting you know where I am, what I’m doing, who I’m with but not one single letter from you”

“huh?”

It was Yonghwa’s turn to crunch his brows “I wrote you letter Hyun”

She suddenly felt uneasy from where she was sitting

“I never got a single letter from you oppa, I waited and waited and waited but I never heard from you”

“I always sent you letters and flowers and even books”

She put her elbows on the table as she held her head for support, she took a deep breathe and when she exhaled “dad…”

“I never got any of them oppa”

“After 4 years of not hearing from you I thought that maybe you had moved on, so I never came back. I was surprised to get the divorce paper with your signature on it, I will admit, I wanted to see then, to make sure that it’s what you want, but it was years of not hearing from you, so basically I thought you don’t want anything to do with me”

She wanted to run away after what she has heard. All these years, she thought that it was him who abandoned her. After her dad died and she took over the business, Kyuhyun was there all through out and he made sure she knows his intention. After years of having him beside her, her mom told her that maybe it was Kyuhyun that she needs.

Wants is definitely different from needs.

And it’s never Kyuhyun that she wants

“I signed that divorce paper because I thought it was what you want. Dad told me it came from the mail, but if we both signed it, then how come we are still married upto this very minute?”

“Simple. Your dad never filed it”

“Why?”

He shrugged once more not really knowing what the old man wanted. While they were eating, Joohyuns phone rang

“Eomma”

“Joohyunah what is this that you won’t be coming home tonight?”

She looked at Yonghwa and mouthed “eomma”

“Yes, uhm there was a problem with the hearing so it was postponed till tomorrow, I’ll head home as soon as it’s over”

“I hope it get’s settled soon”

“Yes I hope so too, Yong oppa will get married this coming Sunday”

“Omo! Really? Tell him congratulations then, look at that, you are getting married and he is too! By the way, I found you a really excellent wedding planner I’ll send her number to you so you can get in touch with her as soon as you can”

She bit her lower lip not wanting to answer that, but she knew she needed too “Eomma, my wedding is not until later, very much later” as she answered her mom, she happened to glance at Yonghwa who stop mid chew. She can clearly see how his jaw tightened and how he just looked at his soup.

She quickly bid goodbye to her mom and continued eating

“So you’re getting married too? You didn’t tell me. And with home, someone I know?”

Itt was her turn not to look at him, she started at her soup counting how many time she has to breathe before Yonghwa let’s go of the topic.

“Joohyun?”

But of course, it was him, he never let’s go of a topic

“I’m marrying Kyuhyun”

“Cho Kyuhyun?”

She nodded

He snorted and sarcastically commented “I wouldn’t be surprised, he have had a serious crush on you for a long time, even during my time in Busan, I knew he liked you but we were together then. Do you love him?”

She put down her chopsticks and frowned. There was something in the tone of his voice and his question that irked her

“Of course I love him, would I be marrying him if I don’t?”

“Well maybe you’re marrying him because he is there?”

“Well what about you, do you love your Shinhye? Or are you just marrying her because “She’s there!”!”

“Shinhye gives me everything I need”

“Well Kyuhyun does too!” she stood up, took her bag and stomped her way out of the pojangmacha. She can hear Yonghwa calling after her but she never looked back. She continued walking until she felt like running, and she did the same time tears came pouring down her eyes.

Life is unfair.

She tried to make the best out of it but life is just as it should be.

She loved Yonghwa and she knew she will always love him no matter what, divorce or not, married or not, she knew that she will always , always be that special someone in the deepest corner of her aching heart.

When she arrived back at the suite she called her mom and asked about the letters of which she doesn’t have a clue as well, she cried her heart out as she put all her things inside her luggage. She needs to go home. And she can’t wait one more second to get away from Yonghwa. This trip to Seoul is far more longer than she expected and yet this trip also opened her eyes to a lot of things, things she doesn’t know and things she deliberately refuses to acknowledge.

She took the last train to Busan and arrived in the middle of the night. She was so tired that she slept in her couch instead of her bed. It was a dreamless, restlest sleep, waking up every hour and going back to slumber again. She woke up even before the roosters did. She sat motionless for an hour until she made up her mind.

 

 

 

“It’ll never work out” she looked at Kyuhyun straight in the eyes as she places the engagement ring on the table in front of him

He looked at her dubiously as if she’s going crazy “What is this all of a sudden?”

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter