Mad

First spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were now at the pub, having adjourned after dinner to a more private setting where they could relax and watch the 'live' broadcast of the final episode together. Someone knew the owner and rented it for the occasion; the entire pub was theirs for the night.


A night that's not working in her favour, because guess who's sitting opposite mega Hallyu star Ji Chang Wook again? Urgh, the gods must be conspiring against her.


They must really hate her too because as soon as they settled in, the TV screen lit up with their kiss scene at the court house. Consequently her face lit up like a torch too. The air crackled with tension as the chatter in the room ceased, all eyes affixed on the screen, all breaths held in anticipation. It was almost as though they were afraid of intruding on the private moment. Shifting uncomfortably in her seat, her eyes glazed over as she relived the kiss in her mind.


The courthouse kiss had been somewhat different. While the director had once again given them the liberty to execute the scene however they deemed fit, they didn't rehearse beforehand. It wasn't their first kiss scene anyway, why waste time? So they jumped right into it. With practised hands, his palms found purchase on her waist as her hands slid over the wide expanse of his shoulder and around his neck, bringing his body flushed against hers. Almost at eye level with him all thanks to her high heels, she could feel every inch of his torso pressed against hers - the flat plane of his stomach, his hard chest, his strong, broad shoulders. Their lips moved gently but surely. One taste, one breath at a time, his touch a searing heat on her skin...


Great, now she's feeling hot under the collar. She couldn't see her costar's reaction, as he angled his body away from her to face the TV screen. But if his flaming red ears were any indication, he was just as embarrassed as her.

 

One thing she hated more than filming kiss scenes was watching her own kiss scenes. Not that kiss scenes with Oppa were dreadful, it was more the circumstances -  surrounded by hordes of people, being instructed to artfully move their lips in a certain way so the scene would turn out tasteful and beautiful onscreen. Now, if she could kiss him without inhibitions...she quickly pushed the invasive thoughts out of her mind. No point going there when her crush was one-sided.

 

Suddenly needing a drink, she grabbed blindly at a glass on the table and knocked back the contents, flinching when she realised it was alcohol. The heat cinched in the throat, spreading to her chest, before settling warmly in her tummy. Not an unwelcome sensation, except it did the opposite of cooling her head. In fact it's making her real hot and bothered.


A sense of melancholy added to the confusing mix of emotions that were swimming inside her, as she watched the drama slowly come to an end. While the ratings weren't record-breaking, she was grateful for the opportunity to take on a more adult role and in the process, shed her child-star image. And she could think of no better person to share this jou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter