Misunderstanding

First spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 'talk' hadn't gone well. At first.


After Chang Wook oppa left, her boss had given her a stern look, then beckoned her to follow her to the car. Once inside, she instructed her manager to start the car, and they drove around for a good 15 minutes in absolute silence.


Is her idea of 'talking' the silent treatment? Why am I surrounded by all these frustrating people? Ji-hyun thought despondently, clenching and unclenching her fists in her lap, then shoved them under her thighs to stop herself from fidgeting. Also just in case she lost self-restraint and reach over to wring her boss' neck.  


When the older woman finally turned to Ji-hyun, she had an assessing look on her face. "Are you dating Ji Chang Wook-ssi?"


Already expecting the question, Ji-hyun said meekly, "No, we are not dating."


"Are you sure?" Her eyes narrowed. She was unconvinced.


"Of course." Ji-hyun's voice rang loud and clear in the car. She wasn't dating him, and it wasn't for a lack of interest on her part. Thanks for rubbing it in, she gritted her teeth. While she was normally sweet-tempered, the lack of sleep was making her cranky and she had a splitting headache. She kneaded her temples to ease the uncomfortable pounding in her head.


She must be quite a pathetic sight because her boss' demeanour softened. Letting out a sigh, she reached over and rested a hand on the younger woman's shoulder. "I'm just worried about you. You guys seem close, and he's a lot older."


"He's not that much older." Just eight years, she added silently. "And he's not interested in me."


"Sure," her boss said slowly, her eyebrows raised. "But do you like him?"


Avoiding eye contact, Ji-hyun shook her head, then turned to look out of the window at the passing scenery.


"It would be ok if you guys date though."


Ji-hyun froze in her seat. With wide eyes, she slowly turned her head around, shooting her boss a disbelieving look. The older woman simply smiled. "I know I've been strict with you. You're young and innocent and so very precious to us. I'm just worried that you'll be hurt."


Pausing for effect, her boss leaned forward to tuck a stray strand of hair behind Ji-hyun's ear before continuing, "But you're your own person. You're free to experience life the way you wish. If

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter