Future

First spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two nights before he's due to enlist in the military, he insisted that she stayed over at his house.

 

"Won't we get caught?" She bit her lip, torn between making the best of their remaining time together and doing the sensible thing.

 

"I'm pretty sure Dispatch will be stationing guys outside our homes tomorrow to catch us 'meeting up' before I enlist. But there won't be any 'meet up' if we are already together," he shrugged. "In any case my building has very tight security. We can leave together for the camp site and they won't know any better."

 

She considered his proposition. "That's actually quite brilliant. Hiding in plain sight." He gave her a smug look and she returned it with a facetiously sweet smile, "I'm sure you've had a lot of experience in this."

 

His expression shifted from playful to exasperated in a split second. "Are we still on this?"

 

"Are we still on what?"

 

"You and your passive-aggressive comments about my 'experience'."

 

"I'm just making a factual observation. Or is that not allowed?" She lifted an eyebrow as if daring him to object. He didn't. He just pressed his lips together and looked away.

 

A tense silence ensued, until he finally spoke quietly. "You know I can't do anything about my past, right?" His troubled eyes found hers, searching, beseeching, like he desperately needed her to understand.

 

Rationally, she knew she had no right to be angry, but she couldn't help it sometimes. Those doubts and insecurities were deep-seated. They would flare up occasionally and she would cope in the only way she knew - with humour and sarcasm. She had no idea her mindless comments were affecting him. He's right. It wasn't fair to him.

 

She took his hand in hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Yeah I know. I'm sorry that I keep bringing it up."

 

He stepped closer and her cheek with the back of his hand. "Do you really mind it that much?"

 

"Not really. I mean yes, sometimes I can't help wondering about all the s you've seen before," she told him honestly and his face scrunched up. He looked like he was going to argue so she raised her hand to stop him, "I know it's just my stupid insecurities talking but I just wish I'm more experienced. That I have the experience to match yours so you don't have to deal with this awkward version of me."

 

Embarrassed, she averted her eyes but he palmed the back of her neck and angled her head so she couldn't run from his gaze. "For the record, I love that you're inexperienced. Just the thought of you being with another man makes me mad jealous." He frowned, pursing his lips like he's imagining it in his head.

 

She snorted, recalling his run-in with Dong Ha oppa earlier and how he'd acted like he wanted to piss on her leg just to mark her as his. "Then you should understand how I feel about you and the bevy of girls you've dated before."

 

"Yeah fine, I know. I understand," he conceded with a sigh. "But you really have no reason to worry because none of them compares to you."

 

That might be the sweetest thing he'd ever said to her and she felt a smile stretching her cheeks. "Even if my s are the smallest?" She couldn't help being cheeky.

 

He glanced down at her chest and she puffed it up as though it would help her case. But he just stared, then stared somemore until she grew fidgety under his gaze. When he still didn't respond after a few long seconds, she stomped on his toes. He yelped.

 

"What was that for?"

 

"That, was for your insensitivity. Here's something you need to learn. If a girl asks, 'Do you think I'm fat?', you should say 'Oh no, you're not fat at all! You're a goddess!' Even if she's really fat. It's the same in this instance. The correct answer to my question would have been 'NO, THEY ARE NOT SMALL AT ALL. THEY ARE HUGE."

 

"But I didn't even say anything!" He protested.

 

"Exactly! That's where you went wrong. Silence is a no-no. It implies consent. While I enjoy being right, in this case, you're not supposed to agree with me." She finished her rant and glared at him.

 

He in his cheeks like he's trying to squelch his laughter, but a snort escaped. Catching her glowering eyes, he quickly shook his head, schooled his features and nodded dutifully, "Yes, I apologise for saying absolutely nothing. You are absolutely not fat. Your s are absolutely not small. They are absolutely huge. And you're absolutely a goddess." His face was solemn but his eyes sparkled with amusement.

 

"You absolutely ." She grumbled, pushing away from him but his hands tightened around her waist.

 

"Absolutely, my goddess."

 

"Don't patronise me."

 

"No, I mean it, goddess." She gave him a dirty look but he only grinned in response as he leaned in to rub his nose against hers. "Remember when you asked when I first fell for you?"

 

"Uh-huh. You said I won you over with my superb kissing skills." She flipped her hair haughtily, drawing another laugh from him. He studied her for a few seconds, then leaned in slowly. One soft peck against her lips, then another one, as his fingers trailed over her jaw and into her tresses. Careful and soft, like it was their first kiss all over again.

 

"Yup, it was something like that," she murmured against his lips.

 

"Did you ever wonder why we had to do so many takes?"

 

She shook her head. "We NG-ed. That's why we had to do re-takes?"

 

His eyes shifted uneasily. "Actually...we did really well in the first take. That would have sufficed...But um...I told the Director that I like you so I guess he decided to play matchmaker by making us repeat the scene many times."

 

"What?" She exclaimed, leaning back to appraise him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter