Chapter XXI

The last queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything around me was engulfed in silence. The lake was still, barely visible due to the unusually dark night. The moon was nowhere to be found and the stars were hidden behind a cluster of dark clouds. There was something eerie about the silence of the night and I couldn’t help the shiver that ran down my spine.
A twig snapping behind me broke me out of my disturbing thoughts and I whirled around to see Kiseop coming out of the bushes that encircled the lake. He was donned in his usual black attire, making it even harder to see him because of the lack of lightning. I swallowed the sudden sense of foreboding that came over me and waited until my boyfriend was right in front of me to speak but he beat me to it.
“I was surprised to see your text. I thought you were avoiding me.” Now that he was mere inches away from me, I could see his smirk and the glint in his eyes. 
“I needed to talk to you.” My words were clipped and my tone was cold, but his smirk only widened in response. 
“So I have gathered.” He took a step closer to me. “So talk.” 
“What happened between you and Ahri?” 
Upon hearing my question the smirk on Kiseop’s lips vanished and a dark look took over his features. His fists clenched by his sides and he ground his teeth so hard I thought he was going to break them.
“What have those told you? They’re liars Lilith.” Kiseop let out between gritted teeth. 
The fear that occupied my body up until this point disappeared into thin air and was now replaced by anger. Fire replaced the blood in my veins and I could tell that Kiseop noticed my change in demeanour by the brief look of shock that flitted through his eyes. 
“If I were you, I’d be very careful how you address my friends in my presence.” My voice was low and threatening. “I came here to hear your side of the story; I suggest you tell it without insulting the people I care about.”
He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his raven locks, taking a step back from me in the process. I smirked internally, proud that I stood my grounds. 
“Ahri and I were in love.” Kiseop sighed. 
Come again? 
Kiseop must have noticed the bewildered look on my face as he nodded his head and continued, getting lost in his memories. 
“We met freshman year here in Lixierra and it was love at first sight. We were perfect together, we had so much in common and we enjoyed each other’s company. But Chanyeol had to get in the way.” His voice was a whisper by the end, laced with hatred for Chanyeol.
“You mean her boyfriend?” I deadpanned raising a questioning eyebrow. 
“He wasn’t her boyfriend.” Kiseop roared, shattering the silence of the night around us. “He was a stalker who couldn’t take a hint. She was mine but he could never get that through that thick skull of his.” 
“They were dating Kiseop. They were in a relationship and from what I have heard you were the one with the stalker tendencies not Chanyeol.” 
His eyes darkened even further and the glare he gave me would have made me run for the hills if I weren’t filled with anger and betrayal. 
“You have no idea what you are talking about Lilith. You weren’t here. You know nothing.” He seethed, spit flying from his clenched teeth and missing my face by mere centimetres. 
“I’m here now.” I matched his glare with one of my own. “Let me ask you something else kiseop,” I spat his name like it burned my tongue, “Why did you ask me out?” 
“What?” He looked taken aback by the sudden change in my line of questioning. 
“You heard me.”
“Because I liked you, Lilith.” He threw his hands in the air, his tone sounding exasperated.
“You didn’t know me back then. I was the new girl, nobody knew me.” 
“That’s how dating works babe, you ask someone out so you can get to know them.” His smirk was back, appearing proud of his answer. Smartass. 
“So it had nothing to do with the fact that I looked exactly like your dead lover? Or should I say obsession?” 
I gave myself a mental high five as I watched that infuriating smirk drop from his face once again. I can’t believe I actually used to like when he smirked at me like that.
“I was not obsessed with Ahri.” Kiseop yelled again, his face turning into a weird shade of red. Suddenly he threw his hands out and grabbed my shoulders, his grip tightening as he started shaking me with urgency. 
“I wasn’t obsessed with her. I loved her, and she loved me but Chanyeol had to come in and ruin everything like he’s doing right now with us. He’s the one that got into your head isn’t he? He’s the one who’s been talking to you, filling your head with lies about me. I knew I shouldn’t have let him anywhere near you. I shouldn’t have let you get close to any of them. They spread nothing but lies and you fell for it like a stupid !  I’m not a stalker Lilith, I didn’t stalk Ahri, but her friends never liked me and they sided with Chanyeol instead of me. I’m the one she should have been with, not him. She should have been MY girlfriend. I love her. I’m her soul mate. Chanyeol doesn’t love her, he never did, he just wanted what’s mine and he’s doing it all over again.” 
I winced at the pain his grip inflicted on my shoulders. That was surely going to bruise later. I tore my gaze away from Kiseop’s, the hysterical look on his face and his loud voice shot a surge of fear into my bones. I heard everything he said but something inside of me, something akin to a gut feeling told me he was lying. But at this point, I didn’t know if he was lying to me or to himself. 
As his grip tightened even more and his words turned into incoherent rambling, the fear once again turned to blinding anger. Not only did he lie to me, but he was also inflicting physical pain on me and I have had enough. I unclenched my fists and closed my eyes, letting the fire inside of me consume me completely. Once I was sure my magic was at the tips of my fingers, I opened my eyes and got ready to unleash hell. 
Fire erupted from the palms of my hands and spread around my entire body, creating the same shield I summoned at my fake battle with Chanyeol, only this time it was bigger and brighter and ready to attack. 
“Let. Go. Of. Me.” I enunciated every word, my hushed whisper turning into a loud roar by the end of my sentence , and in a an explosion of light and fire, Kiseop was shoved away from me and   a few a feet in the air before landing on his back. 
“I have had it with you.” I seethed as I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter