o23. Her Death God

Her Death God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I'll be your star - So Soo Bin

Chapter Twenty Three

 

I groan in my sleep and my eyes flutter open, staring at the ceiling for a few minutes before searching for my phone that is probably somewhere under my blanket. “Are we going to search for a soul today?” I hum in thought and reaches for my phone to check if I have any message from Sehun.

I receive one from Minhyun instead.

Good Morning, Eun ah.

I smile at his simple yet sweet message and sends him a good morning message as well and waits for a couple of minutes for Sehun’s message. “I guess I’ll be going to work today.” I walk to the bathroom while thinking of Sehun.

He didn’t contact me even after that amusement park thingy. Death Gods sure are weird. They change all of a sudden.

After preparing myself to go to work, I find myself checking my phone but again, no message from Sehun. I make sure everything is turned off and plugged out before heading out of the apartment and hurriedly jogs down. Why am I hoping Sehun is probably waiting for me outside but to my disappointment he’s not there as well.

“Morning, Han Byul.” I greet my co-worker and changes to my uniform and takes over the counter. I look around the café and Sehun is not there as well. Is he still sleeping? But I thought Death Gods don’t feel sleepy or anything? Nothing happened to him, right?

Someone knocks on the counter catching my attention. “Should I call the manager because the staff here is dazing out?”

“I’m sorry, may I take your order?”

I look up to see its Minhyun smiling at me. Damn, he looks so good on whatever he wears. I didn’t recognize his voice. “Hey, Minhyun.” I smile at him and notices the girls falling in line behind him start to fan girl and they keep at hitting each other’s shoulders while stealing glances at Minhyun.

One girl squeals, “Its Hwang Minhyun!”

“He’s the latest model of The Most Company, right?”

“Yes, he’s currently the cover of New Look Magazine!”

“Oh my gosh, he’s so tall and handsome!”

I can’t help but to overhear them and Minhyun obviously does too but he chooses to ignore them.

Don’t tell me he’s a model?

“When is your lunch break?” he asks and it snaps me out of my daze.

I check my wristwatch and looks at him. “In four hours. I just took over my co-worker.”

“Perfect, let’s have lunch together. I’ll be back before your lunch break. See you, Eun ah.” He smiles and starts walking while the girls follows him with their gazes.

“Is he really a model?” I ask the two girls and they give me a how-can-you-not-recognize him look. “Sorry, it’s just that, I…thought I saw him somewhere but I can’t remember where.” I chuckle awkwardly while pretending not to know him just to verify my speculation.

One girl scrolls through her phone and shows me a picture of Minhyun as the modelling a famous clothing brand. “See? It’s him, right? His company is just across the street. I can’t believe you didn’t recognize him.”

I place my hand over my mouth in awe. I can’t believe Minhyun is a model.

“Hey, you’re holding up the line!” the other customer says and I dip my head apologetically.

It’s already time for my lunch break and I walk to the staff’s locker room and removes my apron and head uniform before stepping out of the café and Minhyun is already waiting for me outside. “Hey, sorry for making you wait.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter