o22. Her Death God

Her Death God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Tearliner ft. Taru - Maybe Love

Chapter Twenty Two

 I roll around the bed, trying to sleep as I continue to think and recap what just happened at the amusement park and why Sehun got so cold and upset with me.

Ugh, I’ll go out for a walk.

Wearing my jacket, I step out of the apartment and walks out to use the gym park. I hope this will help me clear my mind and figure out what feelings I have for him.

I sigh and walk towards the monkey bars to hang upside down while my legs are resting on the steel bars.

We just rode some rides and ate. Is it because of the extreme rides?

I suddenly remember Sehun riding and pretending to be cool making my heart skip a beat all of a sudden and I quickly shake my head.

Kwon Ha Eun, Sehun is not a human. Well, he does look like a human but he’s a Death God. After his mission here, he will leave and you will never see him again. If you really started liking him, you’ll just get hurt if he leaves. And he’s here to help you know more about your father.

Nothing more than that.

“Am I supposed to feel all these? No, Ha Eun. Control your feelings. You can’t fall for him.”

I sigh and my eyes widened seeing a guy jogging is standing in front of me. He’s wearing a black sweatpants and his legs are really long. “Are you okay? Your face is getting all red already. I think you’ve hung long enough.”

That voice. I move my head so I could look at his face and I gasp in shock.

Minhyun!

I start moving and because I’m panicking, I move the wrong leg and loses my grip.

Oh no.

I’m slipping off. I’m ready to get hurt until I felt a pair of warm arms instead. No, no. Ha Eun. I swear its Minhyun. I open my eyes and he really did catch me in his arms while looking down at me. “Are you okay?” he asks and I slowly push myself away and straightens myself up, fixing my hair after as well. “I’m sorry I startled you.” He apologized for nothing.

“N-No, it’s okay.” I smile to assure him and there’s that awkward silence. Come on, Ha Eun think of a good question. “You’re jogging this late at night?” Great, Ha Eun. That’s not even a good one.

“Ah yeah, it’s the only time I have. I’m guessing you live around this neighborhood too.”

Minhyun lives around here too. It only means he’s really rich and oh right, he’s already rich when he was young. I nod my head to answer his question. “Yes, just walking around.”

“I’ll be seeing you often, then.” He smiles.

Oh, that smile is still so charming and sweet.

Suddenly, Sehun’s smiling face popped inside my head and I quickly shake my head trying to erase it and Minhyun looks at me worriedly again. “Does something hurt? Do you want to go to the hospital?”

“I’m okay, really. Don’t worry.” I wave my hands dismissively.

He looks at me and clears this throat, kicking a small rock. “By the way, I haven’t been seeing you at the café anymore. The one across the company I work at.”

He remembers that I work there and is he… checking if I am there?

I bite down my lower lip and chuckles softly, “I’m just busy dealing with some personal stuff that’s why.” My stomach growls for good at the wrong time and I bite down my lower lip in embarrassment and places my hand over my stomach, laughing awkwardly. “I haven’t eaten my dinner yet.”

Minhyun chuckles and points somewhere, “Would you like to grab some good at the convenience store? Do you still like those sausage triangle kimbap and strawberry yogurt?”

Wait, wait. That’s my favorite when I was young—“Do you remember me?”

A small smile forms his beautiful lips and straightens himself up, playfully poking my forehead with his finger. “How can I forget you? With one look at the subway station and then at the café, I can tell it’s you.” He gives me small glare, “Don’t tell me you forgot about me?”

“No! I remembered you the first time I saw you. You didn’t change that much. You’re even more handsome now.” I shyly whisper.

Minhyun smiles, “I wanted to ask but you seem like you didn’t remember me so I thought maybe I’ll ask you next time, Kwon Ha Eun.”

I can’t help but to smile widely. He’s such a good friend of mine and the only and one person who treated me like a true friend. Ever since that bullying when we were young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter