o19. Her Death God

Her Death God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Just Stay - Hyolyn (Thirty But Seventeen OST)

Chapter Nineteen

After talking with the couple, Sehun glances and looks at me. He lifts his hand and opens his palm while I take another deep breath. I feel so hesitant to him his hand again in fear that he’ll feel my trembling hand. “What are you thinking?” he asks and I shake my head.

Without another word, Sehun reaches for my hand and laces our fingers making me swallow hard. “You told me not to worry, but look at you now. You seem so uneasy.”

Idiot. You’re the reason why I’m feeling uneasy.

“Let’s do this.”

Walking towards the house again, I glance at Sehun and knocks on the gate waiting for someone to answer but no one did. I made another knock and Sehun just stands there making me do all the work. “You want this when we could easily take the souls.”

“Shh, Sehun. They might hear you, you know?”

“Oh, they can. That’s for sure.”

The sound of the gates opening startles me and the daughter welcomes me and Sehun again. I flash her a warm and gentle smile while she scrutinize me with her look. “What are you doing here again? My Aunt says you’re both fake.” She frowns.

“How’s Mr. Bom?” I asks hoping she’ll believe me that I know about her favorite pink bear that her mom gave her on her birthday. “Your mom told me that I should take care of you and Mr. Bom.” I smile again hoping it’s not awkward enough.

The daughter’s eyebrows eases after hearing me mentioned about Mr. Bom. “How did you know about Mr. Bom? Are you really my mother’s friend.”

“Do I need to prove myself? Should I tell you about the story your mom told me when you accidentally spilled juice from your nose because you were laughing too hard after your father said a funny joke?” I smile and gives her a little pat on her head.

The daughter got a little teary eyed and I swallow hard seeing the sadness in her eyes and how she misses her mother. I slip my hand off Sehun’s and crouches in front of the girl. “I know it’s hard and I might be surprising for you to hear this when you just met us, but your parent told us to bring you to your grandmother and uncle instead.”

“I-“ she looks behind her. “I want to come and be with them instead! I don’t want to be with my Aunt anymore. Please help me.” She cries and lifts her shirt up showing her bruises and I gasp looking at it. “Please take me away from here.”

I close my eyes trying not to look at her bruises and instead hugs her in my arms, a tear rolling down my cheek and then the Aunt yells and the girl runs behind me and I block her from the Aunt. “What are you doing with her? I told her not to talk with that fake couple!”

“We’re very sorry but we’re here to take her to her grandmother instead. I think it’s the best for her. It’s what her late parents’ wish.” I calmly said and the girl hides behind me almost gripping on my shirt. “We can tell the police what you’ve been doing to the child and –“

My eyes rounds in surprise when the Aunt storms towards me and s ready to slap me. I close my eyes but the time suddenly stops. I see the anger in her eyes and her palm is only inches away from my cheek.

I let out a shaky sigh and sees Sehun walking inside the house already and within

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter