Verse 3

Last Summer's Old Winter

Sicheng woke up that afternoon with a screaming headache and what felt like a hangover, though he hadn't drank, he was underage.

He knew the exact reason his body ached and his head hurt.

Taeyong had thrown another tantrum and Sicheng was the constant victim of them, and since Taeyong threw long and often it seemed That Sicheng wasn't going to get a break.

Tasting would start off small, then he'd get worked up and things would begin to break and he starts getting violent and Sicheng always ends up on the ground, crying and begging.

Today seemed to  be one of those days, as Sicheng made his way toward the kitchen, Taeyong Sat in the living room, he'd changed his clothes as well as cleaned the mess.

"I was wondering when you'd wake up"

"Sorry"

Taeyong finally raised his head and furrowed his eyebrows, " It's fine" He placed the book he was reading down, walking toward the boy.

"I was thinking of us going together to a restaurant for lunch" He caresses Sicheng's face, rubbing his hand gently across the big red scar on Sicheng's cheek. He hit Sicheng on the face earlier when he protested against Taeyong. Ischemic flinched, quietly hissing with every touch.

"What do you think?"

Sicheng hesitated to respond, "Winnie~" Sicheng warily shook his head, "sorry, Jeahyun already invited me." He didn't raise his head but he knew Taeyong was frowning, his hand slowly retraining from the younger.

"Really? Are you honestly choosing your lame brother having lunch at some lousy expensive restaurant, rather than me? Eating burgers and fries and having lots of fun?"

Sicheng backed away, rubbing the back of his neck"sorry, he really wants to see me" Taeyong scoffed, raising his hand with no protest.

"Fine" He storms off, slamming the front door behind him, and leaving sicheng behind again.

 

Jeahyun shook his head more times in the first thirty minutes than Sicheng could count, "why are you doing this to yourself Sicheng?" He hissed angrily, slamming down his fork. 

Document had hid most of his facial scars with make-up, but the parts were impossible to hide, they struck so much anger in Jeahyun.

Sicheng took another look around, chandeliers and white clothed tables."Maybe because he has good taste in restaurants?" He joked, but Jeahyun didn't share his humour, he scouled. "That bastard doesn't have taste in anything besides beer."

Sicheng faced the ground. "He only hits me when he's drunk, it's an accident." He pleaded within himself to believe those half truthes.

Taeyong only beat him when he was drunk, but there was hardly anytime when he wasn't drunk and Jeahyun knew that by heart.

"Today is your birthday, so I've got you something."

Sicheng smiled, he'd forgotten. "What is it?" Jeahyun handed him an envelope, which Sicheng took carefully. "Its your exception to the best dance academy in the city" Sicheng gasped, "Hyung, you really did that for me!!" 

He snatched it from the envelope, "THANK you!!" His smile was larger than the sun as his eyes sparkled and Jeahyun was glad that he could make his brother smile again

Well, at lease for a little while more.