Chapter 27 - Interstellar

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tris was sitting at the table with the ladies while the boys helped Dongwoo and Woohyun barbecue. If Monbebes could see her now, she would be made president of the fanclub, she thought. It was the first time in a reall long time that she felt completely happy again. Being back home and surrounded by her family and friends really helped the void she felt this entire year. "I can't believe you spent an entire year in New York and you come back single", Ash said. "You know guys here are way better anyway", Tris said hoping to avoid the whole conversation. "Yeah they are", Lala said looking over at Hyungwon. "We got really lucky", Ash said also looking over at Wonho. Tris followed their gazes and looked over at the guys aswell. It looked like they were teasing Jooheon about something since everyone was laughing except him. "Boys", Tris sighed, "Poor joohoney".

                                    ~~~~~~~

"I wasn't the only one who cried, Wonho hyung cried too", Jooheon said. The guys were making fun of Jooheon for crying for a romantic comedy.  Kihyun turned his focus from Jooheon to Tris. She was looking over at Jooheon with sympathy in her eyes. She could not even hear what they were talking about but she knew them well enough to know they were picking on her little baby, he thought. Kihyun smiled at that thought. He liked that s had become close to Tris. Tris looked at Kihyun and his smile disappeared. He held her gaze. Tris didn't look away either. He wished he knew what she was thinking. He suddenly remembered that Tris now knew how he felt about her. Kihyun looked away feeling embarrassed. He grabbed a tong and started checking the corn on the barbecue. "Son, can you guys go bring out all the side dishes from the kitchen?", Woohyun said to Kihyun, "The food's almost ready and bring out a few bottles of soju as well". Kihyun and the boys headed inside and started bringing out everything the mothers prepared.

                                ~~~~~~~

"Wow, if only i had 7 boys to help out everyday", Bora said to the boys who placed the dishes on the table the ladies were seated at. "You guys should come to every party we have", Soyou said. The boys smiled shyly. Tris got up. "It's okay Tris, we will bring everything", Kihyun said knowing she got up to go and help them. Tris sat back down. "Thank you hun", Soyou said,  "I told you that you are the guest of honour today sweet girl, you don't need to do anything". "I feel bad making the guys do stuff, they hardly get to rest", Tris said. "Carrying a few bowls of food isn't going to kill them hun", Bora said, "I just hope my future son in law is that hard working". "Hey finding a hardworking son in law shouldn't be hard. Boys are getting better at taking care of themselves. Its finding a good daughter in law that's the hard part. God knows what Kihyun is going to bring home with the girls of today", Soyou said. "You girls are lucky you landed those two, never let them go", Bora said to Ash and Lala. "Tris, what about you? No one in Monsta X catching your eye?", Soyou asked. "Uhm, there was until Lala stole him from me", Tris laughed. "So my reason for not having a son in law is Lala huh", Bora said, "I need grandkids Lala, you are killing me right now". Lala laughed. "Sorry eommoni", she said. Dongwoo and Woohyun brought the food over to the table. "Before we eat", Dongwoo said, "I just want to raise a toast to my dear daughter. You have made your mother and i so incredibly proud with the person you have become. Now that you are back, we feel complete again. Here's to your new job my darling". 

                                         ~~~~~~~

The food on the table looked like it was enough to feed 30 people, Tris thought. That’s not going to be enough to feed these boys. Tris giggled at her thoughts. “What’s funny hun?”, Bora asked. “She doesn’t think the food is going to be enough to feed these monsters”, Kihyun said with his eyes on his plate. Tris looked at him and he looked up and smiled.  How could he still know what she was thinking? “Basically, yeah”, Tris said

“How much can 7 boys eat?”, Woohyun asked. “We are men appa”, Kihyun said causing Tris to laugh. “We are men Tris”, Kihyun said with a serious look on his face. She tried to suppres her laughter by pressing her lips together. “That one can’t sleep with the light off”, Tris said looking at Jooheon. “That one”, Tris said looking at Minhyuk, “wants my … toys”, she didn’t want to say ponies and cause the poor child any embarrassment. “That one screams at the sight of insects”, Tris said looking at Wonho. “But sure Kihyun, you are all men”, Tris said with a smirk. Kihyun rolled his eyes at her defeated.

~~~~~~~

“Thank you for the meal”, Monsta X recited once they devoured the entire table of food. “Can we have cake now?”, Wonho asked. “Babe, could your hunger be any more insatiable?!”, Ash said. “I’ll go get you some cake oppa”, Tris said. “Can I have some too please?”, Shownu asked. “I will just bring the whole cake out”, Tris said.

Tris handed Wonho and Shownu plates and the other boys held out their hands. “I knew the food wasn’t going to be enough”, she smiled. She handed a knife to Ash to cut the cake. “Wait”, she said grabbing Ash’s hand as she placed the knife on the cake. “What’s wrong?”, Ash asked. Tris didn’t want her to cut the ‘friendship’ piece of the cake.

It was another tradition that she and Kihyun had with their ‘word cake’. Today was the first time anyone else ate this cake of theirs. Usually, they ate 3 words each and shared the 7th one. Tris knew if they had to share a word from this cake, it would have been the word ‘friendship’. Why did she still have an involuntary reflex to things like this? “Uhm…”, Tris was unsure of what to say.

“Ash, I’ll cut the cake”, Kihyun said. Tris released her grip on Ash and Kihyun took the knife. He turned the cake around and cut the opposite end of the ‘friendship piece’. Tris looked at him and smiled. Of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter