Chapter 19 - Gravity

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tris stepped off the plane and breathed in the New York air. It smelled different. She wasn't sure if it was good different or bad different at this point. A new continent, a new country, a new job, a new start. It was scary but exciting. Even though she was alone and she knew absolutely no one. She was looking forward to her new journey. Tris switched on her cell in the taxi on the way to the apartment she was going to be living in. She was beyond thrilled when work informed her that they will be providing her accommodation in one of their fancy employee apartments. 37 missed calls, her phone read. "my kiki, my kiki, my kiki, my kiki... was all she saw 37 times.

Tris' heart stopped. Had something terrible happened? Was there an accident? Why did he try to call her so many times? She called back but the number was not available. She started to get more worried. She called Hyungwon and there was still no answer. She called her mother and tried to sound calm incase she was overreacting, as to not worry Bora. If something happened to Kihyun, Soyou would know and in turn Bora would know. This made Tris feel at ease, knowing nothing bad had happened to him with someone trying to call her from his phone. 

The apartment was amazing, 30 floors high and Tris was on the 22nd floor. The balcony looking out at the view was a waste since she was terrified of heights. The bedroom alone was bigger than her 3 person dorm back in campus. She was too tired to unpack. She just wanted to get some food in her system and find out why Kihyun had tried calling her so many times. What possible reason could there be? With the way they left things last week, Tris didn't think he wanted to even speak to her anymore.

~~~~~~~ 

"Tonight was amazing, Monbebes were louder than ever", Wonho said as Monsta X were getting into their van to head back to their dorm. "I really didn't think it was possible for them to be louder", Shownu said. Kihyun wanted to get involved in the conversation about their amazing fans but his mind was only focused on one girl today, the same girl he thought about throughout their whole show. Kihyun switched his phone on to find 3 missed calls from Tris. He hit redial with his heart pounding in his chest. He knew he wanted to speak to her, but he had no idea what he wanted to say, how was he going to apologize in front of the guys. He cut the call before it could start ringing. He would call her when he gets back to the dorm. He couldn't say the things he needed to say in front of everyone, in front of Hyungwon. 

~~~~~~~

Tris was done with her shower and checked her phone. Still no reply from Kihyun. She figured he was at a schedule and didn't want to disturb him again. She got into bed and just layed there for a while thinking. So much had changed in her life. She was going to be living alone for the first time in her life. She wasn't going to see anyone she knew for months. The one person who was a constant throughout her life, wasn't anymore. It was starting to feel overwhelming. Too much change, too soon. 

~~~~~~~

Kihyun took a walk outside once they reached the dorm. He needed to be alone and get his thoughts in order before calling Tris. Why was it so hard for him to speak to her recently. He used to be able to talk to Tris about anything, no matter how hard it was. Why did their relationship turn so bad. She was his Tris. His best friend. His love. His world. His gravity. She was his reason for living, both figuratively and literally. Not the air he breathed, or the food he ate or the water he drank. Tris, it was always Tris, his everything. Kihyun pressed speed dial 7. The phone rang this time. There was a sigh at the other end of the line. A sigh of relief. But Tris did not say hello or speak at all.

Kihyun couldn't say anything either. He felt the tears build up in his eyes until there were no more space for them and they rolled down his eyes. He sat down on the pavement and held the phone to his ears and cried. This felt familiar. This silence. It was their kind of silence. Not the kind they had recently. But the kind they were used to, the kind where they just sat together in silence. After a while he heard Tris crying too. But she still did not say anything. Half an hour went by and all Kihyun could do was sit and listen to Tris cry on the phone. No words were spoken. He had stopped crying. He became numb again listening to Tris cry. Another 10 minutes passed and she finally stopped. Silence. Another 5 minutes of complete silence passed before he heard Tris giggle. "What", he said. "Remember that time we sat in silence for 7 hours when we were 5. All because i gave another kid my ice cream and not you", Tris said. "Yeah because she had 2 ice creams already, and i didn't have any", Kihyun said. "Yeah but she didn't have a mummy and we both had 2 of those", Tris said. "Well yeah, i know that now, but when you are 5 and your best friend gives her ice cream to someone else, its the same as her shooting you in the heart with a gun", Kihyun said giggling. "7 hours, how good were our resolves at 5 years old", Tris said. "We could have easily made it into the guiness book of world records for longest periods of silence between best friends", Kihyun said. "Yeah... those records would have been broken by us... during the past few months", Tris said with a sadness to her voice. Kihyun knew their moment of nolstagia was over now. Tris had come back to reality. Back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter