Chapter 13 - One Love

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was only the third time Tris and Hyungwon were going out. It wasn’t an official date since the whole of Monsta X decided to tag along. Tris and Kihyun had still barely spoken in the past month or so. It was weird to her. No matter how busy he got, that never stopped them from speaking. She didn’t even understand why they were like this. She could not remember the source of this period of silence. Did she do something wrong? Was Kihyun angry at her? Was she angry at Kihyun? Tris really couldn’t remember. All she knew was ever since that day she first visited the dorm, everything had changed.

Shownu answered the door today. Tris understood why he had the 'bear' nickname. Not only did he tower over Tris, but his body was huge. Shownu hadn’t really spoken to Tris whenever she had come over. Kihyun had told her that Shownu was very shy and just because he didnt speak didn’t mean he didn’t care. "Annyeonghaseyo Oppa", Tris said to Shownu. "Annyeong, the guys are still getting ready". Shownu replied shyly. "So what movie are we going to watch?" Tris asked Shownu. It was almost 11pm on a Thursday night. It was hard for idols to go to the movies whenever they wanted. Hence they had to go at strange times like this. "Changkyunah just said it was scary, i dont know the name, Jooheonie doesn't want to go but is getting dragged along. I told him I will block his eyes if it’s too scary." Shownu said with an appa smile. Even though Shownu barely spoke, Tris could see how much he cared about the guys. He really was that father figure in this band.

"Noonaaaaa", Jooheon screamed as he put his arms around Tris. "Don’t make me go noona, i dont want to go, jebal noona jebal". Jooheon pleaded. "Aww aga who is making you to go?" Tris asked. "Kihyun hyung", Jooheon answered. "You dont have to watch it, dont worry about your hyung". Tris told Jooheon. The smile on Jooheon's face grew. "Gomawoyo noona, noona jjang!".

Hyungwon walked out of the room. He still managed to make Tris gasp everytime she saw him. Hyungwon smiled that smile that made Tris weak just everywhere. Hyungwon walked over to Tris and pulled her into him. Both his hands went around her tiny body, squeezing her tightly. Hyungwon was much taller than Tris but somehow when he hugged her, their bodies fit well together. "I have missed you" Hyungwon said to Tris. This made Tris both happy and sad. Here was this boy she met a month ago telling her he misses her but the boy she has known her entire life didn't. "I have missed you too", Tris said still covered in Hyungwon's hug. Tris was facing the bedroom door when Kihyun came out of the room laughing at something Wonho was saying to him. He locked eyes with Tris who was still in Hyungwon's arms and his laughter disappeared. 

~~~~~~~

Kihyun and Wonho were getting ready while conspiring ways to scare Jooheon during and after the movie tonight. "What if we make him sit alone in his own row?", Wonho said with an evil giggle. “That could work, we just have to get everyone in on it”, Kihyun replied. These 2 boys loved messing with Jooheon. They were not doing it to be mean. They just found him extremely adorable when he got scared. Changkyun was the baby but everyone saw Jooheon as the real baby. Kihyun and Wonho were finally done getting ready and headed to the lounge. The moment Kihyun stepped out of the bedroom, he saw Tris and Hyungwon hugging. It was probably a 10 second hug but it felt like a minute had passed. Kihyun felt that splinter in his heart again, going deeper and deeper inside. It was really happening. Tris and Hyungwon were going on dates. They were probably going to become a couple soon. A couple he would have to see all the time. He could not bear the thought of that.

It was hard enough last week when he had to watch them leave on a date together. He had spent the whole day trying to distract himself, so that his mind did not wonder what they were doing. It was around 1 am when Hyungwon got home. Kihyun was busy working on a song with Wonho. He was thankful Wonho was there to get information about the date, because he was physically incapable of speaking, again. He really didn’t want to hear about it, but at the same time, he wanted to know how it went. He needed to know if there was a chance they were going to become a couple.

Hyungwon could not stop gushing over how amazing Tris was. Kihyun felt his chest tighten every time Hyungwon spoke about the date. He decided he really didn’t want to hear about it at all. He didn’t want to hear how she fed him while he drove were or how they spent hours talking, lying under the stars on the beach. He especially didn’t want to know about other aspects of the date. The other guys were trying to extract information from Hyungwon, but he would not kiss and tell. Kihyun knew something must have happened. They had spent the day and half the night to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter