Chapter 12 - All In

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you want to drive?" Tris asked Hyungwon as they left the dorm and made their way to her car. "Aren't you tired after your schedule". "Im great, i promise, now would you please hand me your keys pretty girl". Tris blushed. This had been Hyungwon's nickname for her since they started chatting. It was the first time she had heard it in person. Hyungwon opened the car door and Tris got in. She was placing her hangbag in between her legs on the floor and zipping it up after putting her phone inside. In that time Hyungwon had gotten into the driver's seat. Tris' hand went up to reach for her seatbelt but before she could Hyungwon's hand was on hers. Tris looked at him a bit flustered as he slowly moved her hand to her lap and leaned towards her. Their faces were just as close as that night in the cafe. Hyungwon looked down at Tris' lips and back up at her eyes. He reached for her seatbelt not taking his eyes off hers. Tris was sure he could hear her heart beat because there was no way a heart beating that fast was not loud enough for the human ear. Hyungwon smiled before putting on his own seatbelt. He then unhooked the seatbelt and adjusted his seat. "I forgot how short you were", Hyungwon said smiling. "So cute". Tris had been called short all her life. Most times she ignored it. Most times it became annoying. People stopping her at clubs, casinos, even age restricted movies. She didnt mind being short at all. But people were annoying. Treating her like a child just because of her height. But when Hyungwon called her short, it made her smile. As if it were some sort of compliment.

"So what would you like to do today?" Tris asked as Hyungwon exited the building parking lot. "Be with with you". Hyungwon replied akmost immediately. Tris looked at him and he looked back and smiled. She loved his greasiness. It was refreshing for a guy to be that open about his feelings. "Well what would you like to do with me", Tris asked tilting her head back against the seat looking at Hyungwon. Hyungwon put his hand on Tris'. "Id like to do many things with you pretty girl", Hyungwon looked at tris and winked. Her heart did a somersault again. "But today, i thought we could go for a show, do you like musicals?". "I love musicals, i never get to go as much as i would like anymore with campus", Tris said, "Kihyun and i used to go alot, i told him he needs to start doing musicals once he becomes an idol so i can go to shows for free", Tris chuckled. "Its weird", Hyungwon said, "You and Kihyun are very similar, everytime he spoke about something, he always mentioned you, Tris and I did this, this is Tris' favourite ice cream flavour, Tris cried when we watched this movie, oh wait Tris cries for every movie, he always spoke about you no matter what the situation was". Tris felt her heart warm up. She was happy her best friend still thought about her in all the time they were separated. "I guess i never really noticed, its just we spent everyday together for 17 years, every single day of our lives, so theres no memory we have that the other one doesnt share." Tris said nostalgically. "If i had known how pretty you were the first time Kihyun mentioned you, i would asked for your number back then", Hyungwon said. "Well better late than never", Tris replied.

Hyungwon's hand was still on hers. It was warm and soft and comforting. "Are you hungry?" Hyungwon asked. "Tris fun fact, im always hungry", Tris said giggling. "Im looking forward to learning all of Tris' fun facts", Hyungwon said lightly rubbing her hand with his thumb. Tris liked the feeling she had when she was with Hyungwon. He made her feel wanted and special, like he could have any girl in the world but he chose her. It didnt make any sense but Tris no longer cared. "I would love to take you to a fancy restuarant, sit down and have a nice meal, but i can't. That night we went for a walk, the only reason i could do that was because it was late and it was a weekday and the streets and cafe were pretty much empty. I am not in a position to take you out on dates in public places, I feel really sorry", Hyungwon said sounding disappointed. "You don't ever have to apologise about that, i know fully well how your life is and i would never want you to do anything that jeopardises your career. Besides I dont even need to go out, im fine with just chilling at the dorm", Tris said. "No, not the dorm, too many guys, i cant have you all to myself there, im willing to risk it", Hyungwon said. Tris laughed. "Crazy boy, how about the next time you are home alone, you let me know then we can spend time together without worrying about being seen", Tris said. "Hmm, so 3 weeks and you already want me alone in the dorm huh, i knew i was irresistible but this is a new high for me", Hyungwon said with a smug look on his face. "Well how else are you going to do all those things you want to do with me?" Tris said in a flirty manner. Hyungwon's face turned red. He did not expect Tris to have a comeback for what he had said. Tris was quite surprised at herself as well. Hyungwon brought out sides of her she didnt know she had.

"How does a drive through meal sound", Hyungwon asked. "It sounds delicious", Tris answered. "But, Tris fun fact #2, i like to order food from atleast 5 different places, i am not saying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter