Chapter 8

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time does fly by like a blink of an eye when you're happy. Seulgi and I have been moving on with our lives that she probably doesn't realize that our second month together was fast approaching. Our days were filled with happiness and sweetness, just like before, with laughs and jokes and some secret dates. Seulgi had practically almost moved in with me as she has spent most of her free time in my apartment. Both of us are enjoying our time together that I almost forgot what happened. Having Seulgi back for the past few months changed me. There were no shouting, yelling and ignoring people around me anymore, unlike before. Instead, there is only a pout when she doesn't answer my texts or calls, or is too busy to meet up with me, which she makes up by coming to my apartment. 

I was in office analyzing the various papers on my desk when my phone beeped. I checked and it was from Seulgi.

 

how do i look?

i'm thinking of posting this on my sns

you look beautiful seulbear :)

where are you? are you working now?

i'm lying on the couch in my waiting room

i'm recording for mubank today...i got up at 3 am T.T

aww is my baby bear tired? have strength seul! fighting! :D

thank you bunny! ahhh, i'm suddenly full of strength now!  :D

you're welcome you dork :)

 

"You look happy."

I looked up and saw Joy again, in my sofa reading a fashion magazine. How did it get there? Well, anyway, after some time I stopped being shocked anymore by her random visits from time to time. I gave her a smile. "That's because I am."

Joy smiled and looked genuinely happy for the first time since I met her. "I missed that look on you."

I put down my phone, stood up and approached her. "You know Joy, I want to tell you something." She put down her magazine and looked at me. "What is it?"

"I know it's you. I don't know what you are, whether you're some fairy godmother or genie I don't care. But thank you. Thank you so much for granting my wish." Then I hugged her as tight as I can. "Thank you. I promise I won't lose Seulgi this time."

I released my hug and smiled at her. I went back to my desk and resumed texting Seulgi. Little did I know, Joy looked conflicted the moment I looked down.

 

*****************************************************

 

*Kring* *Kring* *Kring*

"Hello?" Seulgi's voice is husky and raspy. I think I just woke her up. 

"Good morning Seulbear" I break into a smile with my eyes.

"Hmmm, what are you doing bunny? It's still early."

"I miss you and I can't see you" I whined and pouted my lips.

"Of course not bunny. I'm in Japan."

"We're on a videocall pabooooo!"  Frowning, Seulgi pulls her phone and put it in front of her face. Her eyes widened as soon as she realized that it is a video call. She has not brush her hair, her face was swollen and bloated. In panic, she covers her face with her jacket hood. I just chuckled. "You look fine Seulbear don't worry."

"Why didn't you inform me that you'd facetime?" She whined and pouted her lips.

"I called you because I miss you. I miss you~~" 

"I miss you too. I'm going to meet you soon."

"Agh! This won't do! I'll just go to you! Right? Right! So we can see each other faster~~"

"You know you can't." I gave her a pout.

"Oh, right. I think I have to tell Yeri and Wendy about us."

"Mmmm."

"I want us to have a lunch party with Wendy and Yeri. I want to tell both of them before they find out through others. They are the closest people to me now, apart from my parents. Besides, Wendy did introduce us both." 

"And gave you my number." She added with a snicker.

"Mhmm. So, how's that sound to you?"

I see Seulgi's face thinking, now finally awake. After a few seconds, she nods. 

"Okay then, just tell me when you are free so that I can set the date."

Again, Seulgi nods.

"Okay, then Seulbear, go back to sleep now. I'll call you later okay?"

"Mmmmm, okay bunny" yawning, Seulgi slowly closes her eyes.

"Sorry for disturbing your sleep Seul-ah."

"I don't mind it if you're face is the first thing I see in the morning. I miss you~~ I'll see you when I come back."

"Yeah. Bye Seulbear. Take care over there okay?"

"Bye... Hyun" She whispered the last word inaudibly and then the screen showed me a white ceiling and I can hear Seulgi's soft snores.

"Love you."

 

*************************************************************************************************

 

I heard the sound of my door opening. Being the early riser that I am, I already put on some suncream and foundation, lip gloss as well as a pastel dress. In short, I was ready to greet my girlfriend. Today is the day where Seulgi, Wendy, Yeri and I decided to have our lunch. Actually, Yeri and Wendy didn't know that Seulgi would be joining us. I wanted it to be a surprise and tell them that we're together now. I can only imagine the squeals and shouts from both of them later on, especially Yeri. I rushed to the door and a huge teddy bear greeted me. Seulgi?

"Good morning Hyun." My suspicion was confirmed when Seulgi tilted her head to see me sporting a huge grin on her face. "For you." She handed me a life sized teddy bear and I accepted it without hesitation.

I was struggling to carry the teddy bear with my height. It was now threatening to slip out of my grasp and Seulgi immediately offered to carry it. "Whoah. Let me help you with it bunny." Shyly, I handed her the teddy bear.

"Can you put in it my room?" I grinned like a kid.

"Not without this first." She put the bear down and gave me her usual bear hug, swaying my body left and right. I felt a kiss on the crown of my head, sending joy and a smile on my lips. "I miss you Hyun~~"

I giggled and responded by hugging her as tight as I can. "I miss you too Seulbear~~"

We stood there for awhile basking in each other's w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter