Chapter 6

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I picked it up and looked at the caller.

"Omma?"

"Joohyun, sweetie? Did you just wake up? It's already 10:40. I know it's a Sunday but it's late."

"Sorry omma, I slept late last night."

I can't stop thinking about Seulgi. Again. Damn that flirty smile of hers. 

"Did you bring your work home again? How many times have I told you to stop working so hard?"

"Omma...", I whined, "I'm okay. Just had a lot to think last night. By the way, why did you call?"

"Oh, that's right. I called to remind you of the dinner with my friend and her family tonight. Don't be late okay?"

"Yes, omma. I'll be there on time."

"Good. I can't wait for you to meet my friend's son. I hope he'll finally be the one."

Sigh. Another matchmaking attempt.

I rolled my eyes. "Bye omma."

"Bye Joohyun."

Okay, now that that's finished, I should think of my situation right now.

I was in the cemetery 2 days ago. I met a woman named Joy, told her of my impossible wish. I went home and slept. Then, yesterday, I saw Seulgi again and Joy magically appeared and explained that I went back in time, specifically 4 years ago, to the day I met Seulgi. Then told me to use this chance to correct my mistakes. I looked at my phone again. 10:52 am. September 8, 2017.

So, now what? What am I supposed to do? For now, I have two choices, to believe everything and get Seulgi back, or go to a doctor.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh...", I grumbled while scratching my head. 

Screw it. If I am indeed back in time, I might as well go all out.

-------------------------

I finally arrived to my home from the useless matchmaking dinner I had with my parents. I immediately went to my room and sat down on my bed. Now that the dinner's done and over, time to plan. I need to see Seulgi again. How was our second meeting again? Wait. 

Dang it. I don't remember our second meeting. How did it go? Did I ask her out? Did we meet again on the day of her cf filming? Ugh, am I that old? Think, Joohyun, think. I have to find a way to ask Seulgi out. How am I--- 

"You don't have to stress yourself over it."

I looked up and saw Joy. Inside my room. In my sofa. 

"Joy? How did you--? Nevermind."

Joy just sat there on the couch and the TV. "If you just let fate work itself, you'll end up together."

"How? You mean I'll just sit here and do nothing?"

"Are you dumb? You can't possibly recreate every moment you had with Seulgi. Why? Because that was four years ago, and unless you were born with a badass memory, you can't do it. You know what you can do? Be yourself and not think of this as recreating your past."

"Well, you didn't have to call me dumb. I'm still adjusting. I can be crazy for all I know."

Joy continued to watch TV with a bored face and asked me, "Why didn't you ask her out yet?"

"Huh?"

"Are you usually slow? Ask her out. That's what you did anyway."

"T-that's right. I should ask her out. How-how should I...?"

Just then, my phone rang. I picked up my phone and it was Wendy's number. "Wendy? What's up?"

"Unnie, Seulgi and I made too much cupcakes and we can't eat them all. Do you want them? I'll bring them tomorrow."

Oh...that's right. Wendy and Seulgi are friends.

"Wendy, do you have Seulgi's phone number?"

There was a moment of silence.

"Uhhh...why?"

"U-uh, I want to y-you know, discuss the details of the contract with---with uh, her?"

"Hmm...this late?"

"I-I'm not gonna call her right now. Anyway, can I have it?"

"Unnie... are you gonna ask her out?"

"Wha-that-that's none of your busine--"

"Kyaaaaaaaa! I knew it! I knew it! All that staring and flirting...ahhhh! The two of you were practically staring at each other as if I wasn't there. You know, the first time I saw Seulgi, I told myself, Ahhh---she's totally Irene unnie's style. You know, chic and cool but still looking adorably cute like a bear. Honestly, I don't know how she does it but---"

"Yah! Son Seungwan! Do you like Seulgi? Have you been checking her out?"

"What if I do unnie? What are you gonna do about it? She's single you know."

"I..."

There was a gufffaw on the other side. "Hahahahaha! I'm just joking unnie. Did you see the way she looked at you? Kyaaaa! I'm not messing up the chance to see you date again. With Seulgi, no less. Aaaaah, God knows how long it's been since you had one."

"W-well, I've been busy so..."

"So you really want to take her out? I thought you just wanted to discuss things with her?"

"Son Seungwan!"

There was a laugh on the other side of the line. "Alright. Alright. All that flirting really did you good. I'll give you her number. I'll even give you some tips. I approve of the two of you together. And I'll be your cupid and your advisor. Prepare your pen!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter