Chapter 5

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood there like an idiot staring at her like she’s grown a third head. Wendy snapped me out of it and waved her hand in front of my face. I grabbed her hand with the angriest face I have ever shown her in our years of friendship.

“Is this some kind of sick joke Wendy?”

“W-what are you talking about?”

“If this is a joke, it’s not funny.”

I shoved her hand and went to my office without a word. I stood in front of my desk and banged it hard.

Argh!

Is this some kind of prank? This isn’t funny.

“It’s not a prank.”

I lifted my head and saw…is that Joy? Why is she in my office? How did she--?

“Joy? What are you doing inside my office?”

“Nothing. I’m just checking up on you”, she said casually while checking her fingernails.

Turning away from her I continued to tell with a strain in my voice, “Listen, I’m not in the mood right now. I suggest you go out while I can hold my anger.”

“Oh...So you already saw your wife.”

Surprised, I turned around eyes wide.

She put her finger on her lips. “Should I say ex-wife or future wife?”

I rubbed my face and tried to hold in my anger.

“Go out Joy. I want to be alone.”

She came to my table and traced her hands on the calendar placed on my table.

“Oh come on, Irene. You still haven’t figured things out?”

“What are you talking about?”

“And I thought you are smart. Haven’t you noticed anything?” She turned her attention to me.

“Look, I’m not in the mood---“

She turned to the calendar and spoke to me.

“You’re father is ’back’ ”, she raised her hands in the air to put a quote unquote gesture, “to being CEO. You are also “back” to your previous position. Wendy is back in Korea. You just met Seulgi. Ring a bell?”

She turned to me and crossed her arms. I looked at her confusingly and saw the calendar on the table. My eyes widened at the print on the calendar.

September 7, 2017.

She smirked. “Finally figured out?”

“T-that’s impossible. This must be some sort of prank by Yeri." I chuckled like a mad woman.

Yeah, that’s it. This must be Yeri's prank or something. That kid is a major prankster. 

“Then how do you explain Seulgi’s reappearance?”

“T-that…”

“Isn’t this what you wished for yesterday?”

“Yester---day…?"

“So, if you had one wish, what would it be?”

I looked up to the sky with the rain still pouring hard.

“To go back in time and correct my mistakes.”

“That’s impossible.”

I chuckled. “You didn’t ask for a possible wish right?”

“True.”

“You remember now?”

"That...that's impossible. I-It isn't possible to go back in time. You must be kidding me."

"You really don't believe me? Even with all the evidence? Look around you. Can you still say that I'm lying?"

I sighed and walked to the glass windows to look at the view outside.

What she said is true though. Everything is back to the way it was before I met Seulgi. From my room, her car, the office building, Wendy and appa's return.

I leaned my forehead to my office’s ceiling to floor glass windows.

“H-how can this happen? This is pure madness. I must be going crazy now. This must be a dream. That's right, this is a dream.”

“Why can't you just accept things? Isn't this what you wanted?"

I sighed.

"Well, reality check Irene. You're back in time."

I shook my head, not believing that all of this is real.

"This is madness. Madness. I'm going crazy." 

"Well, it's up to you if you want to believe or not. But I already explained the situation to you."

I must be going insane. I should have listened to Yeri. Maybe all that work did really fry my brain. Maybe I should go on a vacation or something.

Wait.

If I went back in time, then isn't everybody

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter