Chapter 3

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: italics - flashback
P.S. sm ent you can choke D< u dont deserve snsd
P.P.S. is there a livestream for red room? i wanna watch so badly T.T

 

*************************************************************************************************

 

August 11, 2020

I woke up to the sight of my wife with her adorable face and mouth slightly open. Wait, I don’t remember sleeping on the bed last night. The last time I remember, I was on my desk looking at some proposals for the company. Seulgi must have carried me here. Looking at my phone, the screen showed me that it is already 7:50 AM.

Shoot! I have to get up now!

I hastily got up from my bed and showered in haste. I looked at the bed and I see Seulgi still peacefully sleeping while scratching her tummy.  Entering my walk-in closet, I dressed and got out to apply my makeup. After looking at the mirror and deeming myself presentable, I went to the garage and drove myself to the office.

The moment I arrived in the office, I was instantly greeted by my secretary with my schedules for the day and piles of paper works on my table. Plopping myself on my huge office chair, I started with my works so that I’ll be finished as soon as possible. Hours later, my phone rang with that ringtone that I customized for Seulgi. I picked it up and before she could speak, I interrupted her.

“Why are you calling?”

“Hyun-ah? Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?”

“I have an appointment for dinner.”

“Is that so? Surely your work can wait. Come on, we can go to our favorite restaur--“

“I’m busy Seulgi. I’m hanging up now.”

“Wai—“ End call.

After dropping the call, I resumed my attention to the still high stack of papers on my desk.

 

*************************************************************************************************

 

That night, I was on a dinner with the CEO of Park Group, Park Bogum. He booked us a reservation in this fancy restaurant which I think is a way for him to flaunt his riches. The hell I care with his riches. He was talking more about himself rather than the business proposal we were supposed to discuss. I was subtly rubbing my temples due to my patience thinning out. I interrupted him a lot of times and tried to divert the topic to our proposal but the jerk would always find a way to change them.

These past few days that we have been “discussing” this proposal, I have come to a valid conclusion; he is interested in me. It was obvious with his not so subtle ways of flirting and making himself look appealing to me. I swear if he wasn’t a potential investor, I wouldn’t bother keeping up with his crap. Doesn’t he see that I am obviously taken? The ring on my fourth finger proves it. And I wouldn’t change my Seulgi with anyone in the world. Plus, I don't like men. I don't swing that way.

Whatever, I should just make this faster and finish this crap dinner. Wiping my mouth with the napkin, I interrupted him and made an excuse to finish the dinner. As soon as I stood up and was about to leave the table, he held my wrist.

“Irene, I think it’s enough, isn’t it?” He said with a smirk.

I scrunched up my eyebrows, “What are you talking about?”

“Oh, come on, Irene. Do you take me for a fool?” He was now standing up.

This bastard must have thought that I want him too. Eew.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh, come on. The lunch and dinner dates aren’t enough for you?”

“Huh?” I continued to act oblivious to his real intentions.

“Or do I have to book a hotel room too? Come on Irene, my place or yours?” He added with his ever erted smirk and eyes scanning my body.

“Are you insane? I have a wife.”

“She doesn’t have to know. Come on, I know you want it too.” Eeeew 100 times.

This is it. Time to let the cat out of the bag. “Are you blind? If it wasn’t for your position as a potential investor, I wouldn’t bother with you. You’re cocky, arrogant and most of all a ert. Why would I want you?” I know I’m treading on thin ice here. But I can’t take it anymore, the hell with investing.

“Repeat that again? No one refuses me Irene. No one.” And with that, he pressed his lips with his hand still on my wrists and forcefully tried to slide his tongue down my mouth. Just as I was about to push him, the sound of something dropping caught my ears. I pushed Bogum away and turned my head to the source of the sound.

No.

It can’t be.

Seulgi stood there with a pale face and with tears attempting to fall from the corners of her eyes. Her hands were still in the position before her phone dropped.

Breathing heavily, she turned and rushed outside. With no time to waste, I rushed and followed her outside.

Outside, there were a lot of people and I was having a hard time finding Seulgi. I saw the guard and asked which way she turned. After telling me, I thanked him and ran with all my might. Screw the high heels and dress.

After a few seconds, I found her despite her not so tall stature. I recognized her long brown hair and shouted her name, “Seulgi!”

After endless shouts and blistered feet, I caught up to her and held her wrist to prevent her from running away. Still panting, I put my hand on my knee and attempted to regulate my breathing. “Seul--gi…let me explain. That was Bogum, the CE—“

“Why, Hyun-ah?”

 “Seul—“

“Where did I go wrong?”

“Seulgi, you did nothing wrong.”

“Then why?!” I was startled. Seulgi shouted at me. Seulgi seldom gets angry but if she does, it's scary.

“Were you bored with me? You should have said so!”

“Seulgi, that will never---“

Se scoffed and prevented her tears from falling. “So that explains your lack of affection nowadays.”

“Seulgi, I was just busy with work. You understand that. I was just appointed CEO a month ago.”

“But apparently you’re not busy when it comes to him?”  Her tears were flowing freely now.

“That was what I was supposed to tell you. He’s a potential investor. We were just talking about his company’s proposal.”

“Does his business proposal include shoving your tongue down each other’s throat?”

“That wasn’t what happened. You saw it Seul. He’s a ert. He was forcing himself on me. I will never cheat on you Seulgi. You know that.”

“If you had known he was a ert, you shouldn’t have accepted his invitation for dinner.”

“His proposal was too big to refuse Seulgi-ah. His investment would relatively increase our capital by a large percentage.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter