Our Love

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s wrong sweetie?” Seung Ho asked concerned, since Sohyun had been tossing  in bed. She shook her head. “I don’t know why but I feel uncomfortable,” she whimpered. He touched her forehead which was cool. No fever. “Do you feel sick?” he asked. She shook her head. “Are you tired?” Sohyun paused and nodded slightly, “A little bit, but mostly I just feel uncomfortable.” Seung Ho grinned, “Shall I make you comfortable?” and he started dropping trails of kisses on her face down to her neck which tickled Sohyun.

 

Seung Ho made the mixture for pancakes and left it on the table to pop his head into the bedroom. Sohyun had gone back to sleep but she had a schedule this morning, So he went to her side, “Sweetie, wake up. You have a schedule this morning. Should I call Manager Jung to cancel it?” Sohyun opened her eyes, and drowsily sat up. “I’ll get up now,” she said reluctantly. “Oppa made pancakes for you, with strawberry,” Seung Ho informed her and she smiled as she threw her arms around his neck. He carried her to the bathroom, “Go shower and I have it ready for you,” and he kissed her.

 

Sohyun washed her face and brushed her teeth and stared at the mirror. They’d been married for a year and it had been wonderful. They went to Maldives to celebrate their one year anniversary a month ago. Maldives was different from their honeymoon; where in Maldives, they spent a lot of time on the waters, sailing, swimming and snorkeling, in New Zealand, they went on long drives, took walks even when it was snowing, enjoying the solitude and peacefulness and spent hours, snuggling under thick blankets.

 

They adjusted to living together and Seung Ho had been such a loving husband. He had a busy and successful year, with the filming of his movie and its resounding success internationally.  The success led him to travel around the globe for promotions and premieres and he brought Sohyun along whenever her schedule permitted it. So they have travelled to Asia, Europe and US and where it was possible, they extended it for their own private vacation. The year had been like an extended honeymoon.

 

He won the Best actor award for his drama and this year, everyone expected that he would win the Best Actor award for his movie too. Sohyun did one drama this year as she intentionally wanted to take more time off to be able to travel with Seung Ho. Her drama did well too. With both their successes, they were known as The Power couple in the Korean Entertainment industry. However, both of them remained humbled and kept their life outside work, very private.

 

She sat at the kitchen counter as Seung Ho served her a plate of fluffy buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and a serving of strawberries. They were enjoying their breakfast when Seung Ho asked if she was feeling better. “Yeah, I feel much more comfortable now,” she smiled. “Let me know whenever you need help to feel comfortable, I am always willing to extend my humble services,” and he winked and grinned widely. Sohyun blushed and giggled.

 

“Yoboseyo,” Seung Ho answered the phone but his eyes still remained on the script in his hand. “Seung Ho-ssi, Sohyun fainted on the set,” Manager Jung said quickly. “What!” Seung Ho stood up. “Is she ok? Where is she now?” Manager Jung explained that Sohyun had regained consciousness but they had decided to send her to a private hospital nearby. “I’m going over now. Call her mom,” Seung Ho abruptly hanged up and grabbed his jacket and keys.

 

When he arrived, they led him to her room where there was a doctor and a nurse attending to her. He took her hand as he stared worriedly at Sohyun who looked pale yet looking at him with a smile. “I’m ok Oppa,” and she kissed his hand. He turned to the doctor, who nodded assuringly “She is fine. I will leave the two of you alone for a moment, and I’ll come back shortly,” the doctor said gently.

 

Seung Ho pushed aside strays hair away from her face and blinked hard. His mind had been in a haywire on the way to the hospital. He regretted not taking her earlier complaints on her discomfort seriously. “Oppa,” Sohyun called out softly. Seung Ho gazed at her, guilt on his face. “I’m really ok. I’m just..” and she smiled at him, “pregnant.” Seung Ho widened his eyes, “Jinjja?” Sohyun nodded and all the worry disappeared as the biggest smile broke on his face. He kissed her again and again. “We are having a baby? We are having a baby!” Sohyun laughed softly looking at the excitement on his face. They had a few months ago decided to stop the contraceptives and let nature takes it course.

 

The doctor came back in and saw a beaming Seung Ho, “Ahh.. I see that your wife has shared the good news.” Seung Ho stood up, still holding Sohyun’s hands and nodded. “How is she? Do we need to keep her in the hospital during her pregnancy?” he asked anxiously. The doctor laughed and shook his head. “She’s fine. Her body is adjusting to the pregnancy. She’s only 6 weeks pregnant, which means we still do have to be careful until she is in the second trimester, but its normal care, nothing drastic that we have to keep her in the hospital. You can bring her home after a couple of hours.” Seung Ho nodded gratefully, “Thank you doctornim.” “She should start seeing an obstretician. I can recommend you one in this hospital or you could find your own. Let me know,” the doctor continued before leaving them.

 

Seung Ho and Sohyun was chatting happily about the pregnancy when her mom came. She was ecstatic about the pregnancy and cried tears of joy. Sohyun hugged her mom. While Sohyun chatted with her mom, Seung Ho called his mom to tell her the good news. His parents were similarly excited and wanted to visit them in Seoul.

 

That Sunday, their parents came to visit them bearing food. The mothers asked Seung Ho to cook rice, while they would be bringing all the dishes for the meal, so that Sohyun did not have to prepare anything. Everyone was fussing over Sohyun’s wellbeing, and Seung Ho looked from the side in happiness. The past few days had been topsy turvy as he kept Sohyun’s at home, keeping her well rested. He cancelled all his schedules and stayed home to cook and pamper her throughout the day until Sohyun had to tell him to do something else and not hover around her so much. “Oppa, I am pregnant, not invalid,” she pouted. But he refused to let her do anything beside resting in bed or at the sofa until their visit to the doctor on Monday.

 

Omma turned to Seung Ho, “Seung Ho-ah, its time for you to buy a house so that both of you can move before the delivery.” “Araso,” he replied. “Have you thought about childcare when Sohyun starts work again?” his mom continued. Seung Ho looked blankly at Sohyun. He was busy caring about her present state but they had not discussed about childcare or Sohyun returning to work after her delivery. Sohyun smiled and spoke to her mother in law, “Omma, we haven’t discussed yet. But I would likely stay at home the first year and then decide when to start working again after that.” Seung Ho’s mom nodded. “I’ve asked my mom to help me take care of the baby too, since I have no experience.” Seung Ho’s mom nodded and turned to Mrs Kim, “Thank you so much. I feel reassured that you would be here to care for Sohyun and the baby.” Turning to Seung Ho, “When you look for a house, please cater for your mother in law that would be caring for your baby.” Seung Ho nodded.

 

Seung Ho was holding Sohyun’s hands as they waited to see the obstretician and occasionally will kiss it. Sohyun smiled looking at her nervous husband, who had been extra doting and careful since he found out about her pregnancy. “Oppa,” she called him softly. “Yes sweetie,” as he focused those adoring eyes at her. Sohyun leaned against him. “Are you ok sweetie, are you feeling tired?” his voice full of concern. “Aniyo,” she m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter