Prologue

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She sat in her living room, barely paying attention to the TV in front of her. She wasn't even really sure what was on, her mind too preoccupied to care. Suddenly, a knock on her door shook her out of her thoughts. She turned to stare at the door, inhaling shakily at who could be behind it. She stood up slowly, making her way towards the door.

She took a deep breath and opened the door, releasing it once she saw that there was no one there. Her brows furrowed in confusion- was someone playing with her?

Just as she was about to close her door again, she looked down and saw a plain brown package on her porch. She raised an eyebrow and bent down to pick it up, glancing around outside to see if there was anybody lingering around that could have placed it there. She saw no one.

Shrugging, she brought the package inside and went to her spot on the couch again. Ripping it open, she saw a medium sized box inside. She opened the box and stared at the contents inside. A plain black notebook sat inside, a note attached to the front of it with writing on it. She took the notebook out and ripped the note off.

"To whom it may concern,

I don't need these anymore. My life is starting to get better and so I'm passing these onto you.

I hope your life gets better too.

Remember to count them."

She read the note several times over, not quite understanding what it meant. She flipped it over, desperately trying to see if there was any sort of signature she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter