Chapter Three - Forest & The City

☾ Moon Spell ;story starting!
Forest & The City
Forest & The City



   

   

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
 
Hojung threw some papers up in theh air as she was trying to find any infformation on this Iljoo guy. She couldn't find anything but some social media and his resume posted online as a traditional rice cake maker and pastry decorator. She sighed as she looked up to see Dongyun coming in the attic space. "Why aren't you at the cafe?" She asked as she looked at him. 

"Kyulkyu's dad gave me the morning off well until noon." Dongyun saidi as he sat down in a chair. "Did you find anything?" He asked as he watched the shake her head no. "What? Nothing?" He asked 

"Well I mean i foudn his social media and his resume but other than that he is clean so now you owe me." Hojung said as she crossed her arms. "In other news, there was an other attack on someone in the city. Yeseul texted me this morning. She heard it on one her patients TV and she will send us more details later." She said as she sipped on her tea in the mug that she had. 

Dongyun noddeda he looked at his phone. "Hey Ruiho." He looked at the door as the other entered the room. Dongyun leaned back in his chair as Ruiho stompped up to Hojung as he didn't loook happy. 

"Why are strangers calling me for 'special help'?" He asked as he looked at her. "Someone called me at six this morning want to schedule an appointment. I told them to call you." Ruiho said 

"Oh yeah, I put up on a wicca website about us providing help for the right innocent people. I put all of our numbers and names. Maybe I should have not mentioned you as fans are probally calling you." She said as she sighed. "I'll go and take it down." She said as she grabbed her laptop as she set down her book. 

"I had to get a new phone number!" Ruiho glared at her as he was handed both of their phones as he rolled his eyes. He put in his new number as he handed Dongyun his phone back as he tossed Hojung's hers. "Next time think about something before you do it!" He said as he glared at her. "Some of us are more well known. Besides that aren't you suppose to be at work?" Ruiho asked 

"I got the morning off. They are interviewing that one guy and I was being "overbearing" whatever that means." Dongyun said as he used air quotes with his hands. He watched Ruiho and Hojung exchange a look as he glared at them. "What?" He asked as he stared them down. 

"Nothing." Ruiho shook his head as he sat down near Hojung. "Nothing, but did Kyulkyu tell you that or her dad?" He asked 

"Her dad. Kyulkyu was in the back getting ready order to be delievered later today." Dongyun said as he looked at them. Dongyun sighed at their looks. "Hey I am just being careful! You never what will try to get clsoe to use to take advantage of us then try to kill us." Dongyun said as he lokoed at them 

"Who is trying to kil us?" Jun asked as he looked at them. He walked in just carrying his drink in his hand as he looked at them. 

"No one." Ruiho said as he looked at him. "You came in at the end of conversation." He added as Jun sat down next to him. "Yeseul texted me to come over for a meeting breifing?" Jun said as he looked at them. He watched the others as they nodded. 

"Well I can't stay for that. I have to make my way to the cafe. Keep me updated." Dongyun got up as he left the room. He waved bye to Hojung's granny as he slipped on his shoes as he started towards the cafe. He walked in just walking to the back as Iljoo stopped what he was doing. 

"Hello. I am Iljoo, it is nice to be working with you." Iljoo said as he bowed to him. 

"Ah, hello. I'm Dongyun." He bowed back as he then placed his jacket in his locker as Kyulkyu came rushing staright to Dongyun. 

"Yun." Kyulkyu grabbed his arm as she whined a little. "I messed the coffee machine up. It is spurting water, i got to stop by it won't turn back on." She pulled him, "I am sorry. It is just you weren't here and then orders started coming in." She stopped as Dongyun wrapped an arm around her shoulders. 

"Kyulkyu-" Iljoo started as Dongyun cut him off just turning out his shoulder to block his view of them. 

"Chu, don't give yourself a panic attack. That is a easy fix. Come on, lets go look at it." Dongyun walked with her as they walked through the back door. He walked with her to the coffee machine just looking at the back just unwrapping his arm from her shoulders. "You go do orders and I'll deal with this and make the coffee orders. Breathe, it happens." He gave her back a little push as she nodded. At times it was hard to tell that that Kyulkyu was older than Dongyun by a few months. Dongyun cleaned the second machine that was acting up as Kyulkyu had only over ptu water in the machine causing a slight leak. He got it back going just cranking out the drink orders and delivering them as he apologized for the slight wait. He walked over to Kyulkyu just taking the tray of rice cakes that was placed on the back counter just helping her put them up. "You just put too much water in it." He said as she nodded. 

"Okay, thanks for fixing it." She said as she let him close the display case as she was back on the register just taking orders. She turned to Dongyun when she was done. "What was Yeseul's text about?" She asked as she handed him a to go cup. 

"It just was about a job, you know. I told them to keep us posted." Dongyun said as he glared at the person across from him as he heard their thought about the ditsy idiot on the coffee machine. He knew that they were thinking about Kyulkyu as he gave them their coffee as he glared at them as the person walked straight into the door as it looked to be opened but it wasn't. Dongyun hurried back to another order as Kyulkyu looked at him. 

"Did you do that?" She whispered as he shrugged. 

"Maybe." He answered her as he walked off as he had made little flags on the table and they would pull it up on their stand on table if they needed service or refills. He gave them their refills as Kyulkyu updtaed their bill as he set down the empty in the sink as Kyulkyu started to wash it. They would take turns as he was on the register at the moment as she was washing the pot so he could put it back on when he started to make the orders. He checked his phone inbetween brews as there wasn't an update yet. He slipped his phone back into his apron pocket as he gave two to go orders to people. He sighed as he stretched his arms just going back to work. Dongyun took the tray from Iljoo as he looked at them. He walked them back in the back. "Hey, these won't work. They are a little too big. The big ones are only for special events." Dongyun said to Iljoo. 

"Oh, good thing it is just one sheet." Iljoo answered as he looked at him, place the sheet in the fridge. "Can i ask you something?" He looked at Dongyun. 

"Sure." Dongyun said 

"Are you and Kyulkyu dating? You seem close." Iljoo said 

"Oh no, we aren't. We went to school together and have known each other for a long time." He said as he lookead at him. He watched the other simply nod as he narrowed his eyes at Iljoo. "Why are you asking?" He asked 

"I have heard a few gossips from the customers." Iljoo didn't looked at him as he was remaking the cakes. "I'll get these right out, sorry for the mishap." He said as he looked at Dongyun leave just walking back to the front. The cafe had slowed down a lot as he looked around for Kyulkyu. He walked over to the side enterance to the cafe just pushing it open as he walked around the back alley way just dodging a misthrown orbbed arrow. "What that the hell is going on!" Dongyun ducked behind a trashcan. 

"I don't know! They want the whitelighter, but not me." Kyulkyu looked at him from the dumpster. "Arrow." She waved her arm. "They started to come in and I drove them back out." Kyulkyu said as she watched Dongyun close his eyes as he made orbs down the alley way as the others ran off. She walked over to him as pushed the trash cans over. 

"I'll get the arrows. They could kill you. Go back inside." Dongyun said as he picked a couple. 

"Okay." Kyulkyu said as she walked back inside just brushing her hair out of her face as she looked at Iljoo. "Just rats, a stray knocked over some trash cans. Dongyun is taking care of it." She said as the other male nodded. 

"Rats, i see." Iljoo responded as he watched Kyulkyu put her hands on her hips as she walked into the back. He walked to the side door as he pushed it open a little. "Did you take care of the trash cans and rats?" He looked at Dongyun who nodded as he hid the arrows behind him. 

"I did. You don't have to bother about it." Dongyun said as he waited for him to leave. He sighed as he waited for Wootak who came up finally. "Finally gosh, get rid of these. Also i am pretty sure darklighters came to the cafe for a male whitelighters but i couldn't read anyone who would fit that. These are arrows that kill them, get them as far as away from here." Dongyun looked at him as he dropped them in the bag that Wootak had brought after he had broke them in half. 

"Yeah, i will. Is Kyulkyu okay?" Wootak asked 

"She is fine. Probably scared less, but she should be okay." Dongyun said 

"Well check on her, she is worse than Jun." Wootak said 

"Can you -" Dongyun said

"No, I will not use my powers on her." Wootak crossed his arms. "I have to get rid of these. Oh and the others have the other thing under control. I'll go look search about darklights." Wootak walked off

Dongyun walked back inside just seeing Kyulkyu acting like nothing had happend. He assumed that she was okay and just went back on to work. 

•••

Jun sighed as he didn't sign up for this. He kicked a rock as they were walking through the forest just looking for trolls. "How do we even know this kid is telling us the truth that trolls are real?" He asked as he looked at Younghee. "Frankly, i think that we are being lead on a wild goose chase." He said as he looked at her as she glared at him. 

"Stop being a baby." Younghee answered as she looked at him. "We aren't, well I think. Besides he freaked out when his mother tried to clean up the little flowers and matches left in the inbetween. I am pretty sure no ten year old would care about his mom throwing a away a few matches and greenery left by protective fairies." Younghee said 

"And fairies! How the hell do we find them out here!" Jun threw his hands up as he stepped over a log. Jun looked at Younghee as he felt something wrap around his legs as he went tumbling as he looked at Younghee had fallen to just rolling down the hill that they had gotten to the top of just rolling out in a field. Jun used his arms to brace himself as he sat up just brushing out his head as he cursed. "What the hell as that!" Jun yelled as Younghee wasn't far from him. "You okay?" He asked as she raised up a thumbs up. He got up just walking over to her and helpped her up. 

"Maybe you made them mad." Younghee said as he gave her a look. "I have never been out this far." Younghee said as she looked around. "Whoa, the hill is all the way over there." Younghee pointed to a hill beyong the tree as she looked at Jun. 

"Magic." Jun grunted as he wiped off his joggers. "Well where do we go now?" He asked as he looked around. 

"We are in an open feild. Straight?" Younghee suggested as she started to walk. "By the way, I still can't believe that you did recongize me tha day you got rice cakes for your dad." Younghee said as she stuck her hands in her coat pockets. "I even said your name." She added 

"You were there?" Jun asked 

"Yes, dummy. You walked right past me." Younghee said "I was wearing dark dusty rose cardagain and had my hair up in a bun. You looked right at me then just kept going." Younghee said as she nodded 

"Oh i was looking at the advertisement for the vidoe game." Jun blinked at her as she rolled her eyes. 

"Boys and their games." Younghee responded as she shook her head. 

"Does an I am sorry fix ti?" Jun lokoed at her "Besides how was I suppose to recongize you without those big square glasses and a stack of books with that face you always wore in school?" Jun questioned her as she air punched with her aerokinesis.

"I do not have a resting face." Younghee snapped as she glared at him. "I am adorable! Besides the resting face was always Yeseul. You're just scared of noonas." Younghee pretended to run into him as he backed up.  "Typical Hojjuju." She kept walking as he crossed his arms. "Don't pout and keep up." She looked back at him. 

"I am not pouting." Jun caught up with her as they walked. He looked at his phone as it was Ruiho. "Hey. We still haven't found anything really. Something tripped us magically and we are in the middle of this big forest clearing." Jun said as he stopped as Younghee stood off a few steps form him just looking around. 

"Well we found something to take out the trolls. Burn them which  hopefuly many you guys can find some matches or something. Or just wait and we will try to find you?" Ruiho asked 

"No, you guys stay with the kid and find the trollz in the city. I think our friends that tripped us is calling to us. Younghee just started following a deer. I got to go." Jun said as he hung up just jogging a bit after Younghee."Wait up, Younghee!" Jun yelled out at as he chased after her. He caught up with her finally as he walked into a little path between two trees as he could see all the little bird houses that were a little bigger than the regular bird house as Younghee was talking a pair of fairies. He walked up behind Younghee as he just waited. He couldn't really tell what they were telling her. 

Younghee turned to Jun. "To find the trolls, we need a fairy. This is Ayli, she is a flower fairy that is going to help us." Younghee pointed to the girl sitting on her shoulder.

"Hello, I am Jun." He said as he waved to her. He watched the small girl on her shoulder wave back to him. "How are we going to kill them? We don't have something to make fire with." Jun said as he was hit with a few match books from different faries around them. Jun just poked his tounge in his cheek as he picked up the match books. "Thanks so much." He marched after Younghee who was already walking off. 

•••

Ruiho was sitting across a ten year old boy who was playing video games as Yeseul and Hojung had left after learning what had happened to him this morning. Yeseul had come to them and told them about Yongseok(OC) that had powers like them. He could move things with his mind like Yeseul. Yeseul had told them that Yongseok had come across a group of fairies and saved them from trolls and now the trolls are trying to avenge their fallen soliders. Ruiho looked at the boy as he had a few bandages on his face and hands. He looked at his phone as he got a text from Jun that they were going after trolls and to to worry. "My friends are taking care of the trolls so you don't have to worry." He said as he looked at him. 

Yongseok looked at Ruiho with a short nod. "But what about the trolls in the city?" He asked

"The girls are working on that. We think that if their home in the forest is attacked, we are hoping that they will run away and stay out of the city if their homes and tribe is gone." Ruiho said as he looked at him. "Are you donig okay?" He asked as the other nodded. 

"Yes, I am fine." Yongseok answered

Ruiho nodded as he looked at Yongseok. He looked at his phone again as he texted Yeseul and Hojung just trying to get an update from the girls. He sighed as they had responded in about ten minutes. He put his phone down as Yongseok was talking into to his walk talkie. "Who are you talking to?" He asked 

"My friend. He doens't have powers but he was with me." Yongseok said as he got up. "We have to go help him." He said as he started for the door. 

"Whoa, whoa. wait up!" Ruiho chased after him as he pulled on his sneakers as Yongseok was hurrying out of the door. Ruiho caught up wiht him as he glared at the little boy. "Do not run off when killer trolls are after you." Ruiho said as they were walking into an apartment complex. Ruiho followed the young boy as they waited outside as he looked at Yongseok. "Why are we waiting?" He asked 

"Because he is suppose to give him his location." Yongseok said as he looked around. "This way." Yongseok pointed as he was holding his walktalkie to his ear as he started running. 

"Come on, kid! Stop running off!" He called out as he looked at him as he chased after him. He caught up to him as they were the middle of a park as Ruiho made a small fire ball as he tossed it at the trolls just getting them as he watched Yongseok help his friend up. He tossed another as another group was coming as he could see Hojung and Yeseul running to them. "His friend was being attacked." Ruiho said as he looked at the girls. Ruiho looked at his phone as Jun had texted him that they were getting close to the trolls hide out.

"If they are getting closer to the hideout then why are more trolls attacking kids?" Yeseul asked "We have saved at five or six kids on our way here." She said as she they looked at the two boys. 

"The army is really large. I hope your friends will be okay." Yongseok said as he looked at them. "Also we might have given the fairies their secret weapon. We thought that we were helping.They wanted me to look after it." He added as he looked at them. 

"What is this secret weapon?" Ruiho asked 

"A special crystal." Yongseok said as he looked at them. He held it up as Ruiho snatched it from his hand. He watched Ruiho smash it on the ground as Yongseok's eyes got wide. "Why did you do that!" He asked 

"Now the trolls and fairies have nothing to fight over." Ruiho said as he looked at them. "Lets go back to Yongseok's house." He added as he guided the group back in that direction. 

•••

Jun sighed as they made it to the hideout as he handed Younghee a box of matches. He looked at their fairy friend as she was hiding in Younghee's jacket hoodie. He lit a match just lighting up a lantern as he started to walk with Younghee. He lit another match as he could see a group of trols. He tossed the match as he watched the trolls go up in flames. They contuined this as they made their way out of the caves just at the end as the fairy escorted them back through and to the large clearing. Jun waved bye to the fairy as he looked at his phone. He had a lot of missed calls from Ruiho. He called him back just hearing him answer. "Why did you call?" He asked 

"Did you get rid of all of the trolls?" Ruiho asked 

"Yeah, we got all of them with the help of the fairies." Jun said 

"Alright, great. Get back home soon." Ruiho said as he hung up on Jun. 

Jun looked at Younghee as they started back through the forest as he they started up the hill. He crossed his arms as they started up the hil. "I wish that our fairy friends could help us up this hill." Jun said as he just looked around. 

"Just stuck it up and take that we have to climb up this hill." Younghee said as she marched up the hill. She checked her phone as she had gotten a text from Wootak and Kyulkyu about darklighters. She quickly replied to them to ask the others that they were in the middle of a forest. She stared back up the hill as Jun was waiting for her. She looked at the hill infront of her as she knew that levitating wouldn't help. She kept up with Jun until they were at the top of the hill just heading out of the forest.

•••

Kyulkyu sighed as she they had already closed up the cafe as they were cleaning up. She looked outside of the glass windows as she was wiping them down as the group that had attacked them in the alley way was down the street at a street food vendor. She looked at Dongyun as they were the only two in the cafe. She had sent Iljoo home an hour ago as they had already told the others that they were having dinner and a witch meeting in the back of the cafe tonight since they had extra rice cakes. "They haven't left. Do you think that they can't get through the crystals that I put outside?" She asked 

Dongyun was washing the coffee machines as he walked over to her. "I am thinking so." He said as he was drying a coffee pot. "We will be okay. The others will be here soon." He added as he walked back to the coffee machines. He sighed as he watched Kyulkyu move onto the nest set of windows. "I'll come help you once I get done cleaning these." Dongyun said as he watched her nod. He finished cleaning up the machines as he grabbed the seond handle mop as he started to help her clean the windows. 

Kyulkyu walked to the door as the others were walking walking up. She unlocked the door as she cracked teh door open. "Do not move the crystals and come on in." She said as she closed the door and locked it back up. She usered the others back into the back office space as she had some rice cakes and other treats set up. "You guys go ahead and start eating. We have to finish cleaning up." Kyulkyu said as she walked off. She picked up her mop again just finishing up her side of the cafe. She leaned on her mop as she sighed just looking back outside. She grabbed the pot tea that they brewed earlier form the fridge as she made her way into the back room with Dongyun as they sat down to start their witch meeting with everyone. 
 

Author's Note - Hello! Here is the third chapter. I hope that you guys like it. If you have not turned in your partner app please do so soon! Also you guys can add onto your partner app at any time!