Chapter One - Birth of the Moonchildren.

☾ Moon Spell ;story starting!
birth of the moonchildren
birth of the moonchildren



   

   

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
 
Kyulkyu the next morning was cleaning the store as she would be on her own today as her parents were taking her grandma to start her phsyicla thearpy for her knees and determine if she would have to have surgery for it. Kyulkyu sighed as she was looking around the area that she had been hit last night just looking for clues on what had hit her. She walked over to a trashcan that was half melted as she sighed. She just walked off to the store as she unlocked the doors just locking them back as she started to take the chairs down from the tables. She walked to the back just putting her things away as she got a fresh bake of rice going in the mixers as she grabbed some cleaning stuff and started cleaning the front before she opened the sture. She leaned on her mop as her shoulder was starting to hurt a little as she mopped. She shook her head as she kept mopping just finishing as she walked back into the back just taking one batch of rice cakes off the mixer just getting them ready to be cooked and cut. She got a few trays in the oven as it was time to open the store. She unlocked the doors as she the lights to the display cases.She went to the back real quick and took some pain reliver for the day as walked out of the back to the front just waiting behind the counter as she was wiping down menus. 

•••

Hojung sighed as she had been researching Kyulkyu's powers as she hadn't told everyone everything about that witches weren't usually allowed to orb. Hojung had never actually cleaned up the ritual bowl and had never taken the objects out of the bowl that she had used. She was sitting infront of it not taking them out as she was afraid it might mess something up, but she looked at the item that she had put in for Kyulkyu and noticed it was one of her drawings and pasted polroid of them at their christmas play for school in which Kyulkyu happend be dressed up as an angel - red cheeks in all. She sighed as she heard foot steps climbing up her attic ladder. 

"Your granny said that you would be up here." Yeseul looked at her as she walked over. 

Hojung looked at her and waved. "Hi. Yeah, I just looking at some stuff." She answered as she looked at her 

"I remeber that Kyulkyu had stained red cheeks for weeks after that since she fell sleep in her face paint." Yeseul pointed to the picture. 

"Yeah, these are things that i put in the ritual bowl to make it stronger. I think since Kyulkyu was dressed as an angel in this picture then my spell thought she would be a good one." Hojung handed her a book. 

"Oh she's going to kill you more than she already wants to by now." Yeseul said

"She can't those things are pacifists. Why are you two up here anyway?" Ruiho ducked his head as he walked over. He had looked over Yeseul's shoulder. "Your granny yelled the door was open and then said attic." He added as Hojung crossed her arms. "Oh the other four went to the area where Kyulkyu was hit to investigate." He added 

"When do you think that we should go talk to her?" Hojung asked 

"Well maybe when we find out what is trying to kill us?" Ruiho asked as he looked at the book. "You turned her into an angel? Good going, crybaby." Ruiho said as Hojung threw a pencil at him. 

"Shut up! It wasn't my fault!" Hojung glared at him as she handed Yeseul a list. "Can you go into town and buy all this stuff? It is ingredients that we will need and witch supplies. Take muscle boy with you." Hojung got up just leaving with them following behind her. 

"What are you going to do?" Yeseul asked "And how am I suppose to pay for all this?" She asked 

"With this. It came yesterday. I guess it is a fund for us to go good deeds." Hojung said "My granny said to go to these shops and they will know when you give them the lists that I made with their shop name on top." She added as she handed her a notebook. "I am going to go talk to Kyulkyu." She added 

"Alright, I have to go into the city anyway and check on a few patients. Come on, Ruiho." Yeseul said as she walked off with him. 

Hojung sighed as she followed them out as she started to where the other three were. She walked up as it was only Wootak, Jun, and Younghee looking around. "Isn't Dongyun suppose to be helping you two?" She asked 

"He heard a thought that sounded interesting passing by so he said he was checking it out. I made him text us with updates every twenty minutes. He is in the cafe dinking his weight in coffee." Wootak said as he looked at Hojung. "Besides there is nothing here expect that melted trashcan. Fire balls, I am guessing." He said as he nodded 

"There is a little blood and stuff here. This must be where Kyulkyu was standing." Jun said as he hand his hands in his pockets. He walked over to them. "We should go see what Dongyun has found out and maybe revlieve him of getting a twenty dollar coffee bill." Jun said as the others nodded. 

"Do you think Kyulkyu will talk to me? I need to tell her something." Hojung said as she looked at them. 

"What did you do?" Younghee asked 

"Probably something stupid." Jun offered as Wootak glared at them. 

"Stop it, she feels bad enough. She doens't need you people rubbing it in!" Wootak snapped "Sorry." He sighed. 

"Thanks, i guess." Hojung answered "The items that I put in ritual bowl reflect our powers and I put the picture that I took of Kyulie at the christmas play when we in school in it." Hojung said 

"THe one where she looks like a angel?" Younghee asked as Hojung nodded 

"Yeah, it added a factor to her powers." Hojung said as she crossed her arms. 

"Maybe you shouldn't tell her. This might not be a good time. I mean we are trying to get her to join us and you telling her this might just never get her to help us." Jun said as he looked at Hojung. "I know it is lying and we all hate that - but sometimes you have to do what is good for the group." Jun pointed out as Hojung said 

"Jun isn't wrong really." Younghee said "We do need Kyulkyu if she has that orb thing. We wouldn't want the evil people to get that." She said as the cafe was coming into view. They could see Dongyun sitting a table just with a bowl of probably the cafe's tteoboki as he wasn't into sweets and large cup of coffee. Younghee pushed open the door as she waved to Kyulkyu at the register as they walked to the table Dongyun was at. 

"Did your lead pan out?" Jun asked him 

Dongyun moved his things to end of the table as he made room for the others. "They are still in the cafe, but it is hard with all these people coming in and out to keep focused." Dongyun said as he leaned on his elbow. "Plus I think she is having a hard time with her shoulder." Dongyun added "She really needs to hire another worker." He sipped on his coffee. 

"Great, your jobless go for it." Wootak said 

"WHy me? So is Jun!" Dongyun said "Besides I have to help Yunmi!" He added 

"Well I saw Yeseul's mom helping Yunmi this morning, so I think you are good." Wootak countered

Kyulkyu walked over as she placed down some menus. "Just yell when you are ready to order." Kyulkyu said as she started to walk off. 

"Hey, Kyulie!" Younghee called out as the other turned around. "Can I get a job application?" She asked 

"Uhm okay." Kyulkyu walked in the back just coming out a stapled coule of peices of paper "Here." She held it out to Younghee. 

"Oh it isn't for me. It is for Dongyun! He didn't want to bother you." Younghee took it from her as she placed it infront of Dongyun. 

"Here is a pen." Kyulkyu searched around her apron as she set down a pink pen with cat ears on it. "Are you guys ready for order?" She asked as she pulled out a note book and another pen. She took down their orders as she looked at Dongyun. "Do you uhm, I will go get this ready." Kyulkyu said as she walked off. 

"Do I have to fill this out?" Dongyun asked as the two girls across the table nodded. Dongyun sighed as he filled it out in pink ink as he shook his head. "This is so not fair." Dongyun got up as he walked back to the counter as he looked for Kyulkyu . He waited untl she came out just setting the tray full of stuff down on the counter. "Here. You don't have to hire me. I just thought you could use the help." Dongyun said as he watched her force herself to heave the tray up.

"My dad does all the hiring so it really isn't up to me." Kyulkyu said as she walked around the counter. She walked back to their table with him following behind her. "Here, you guys go. I hope you all enjoy." She said as she passed everything out. "Just call me if you need anything else." She said as she looked at them. She walked off as she placed the tray on the counter as she opened up a display case just taking a half empty one out just walking to back to fill it back up. She placed the tray back down as she picked up the resume that Dongyun had filled out just carrying it to the office in the back. She was about to set it on the desk as she heard her dad's voice. She walked to the mixers as he was putting in a fresh batch. "Aren't you suppose to be with mom?" She asked 

"I came back early. Your mom was worried about you." Heojung said to her as he looked at the paper in her hand. "What is that?" He asked as he took it from her as he read it over. "Isn't this one of your friends from highschool?" He asked as she nodded. "Go ask him when he can start." Heojung said as he looked at her 

"You haven't even interviewed him yet." Kyulkyu said "Who is going to teach him-" She started 

"Go ask him and the other stuff isn't important. Besides it says here he use to own a cafe. He can help you." Heojung said as Kyulkyu sighed. 

Back at the table Younghee looked at a pacing Kyulkyu at the kitchen door. "I think she is about to come over and say that Dongyun got the job." Younghee said as she looked at Dongyun. "You need to use to this chance to get her to join us." Younghee added as she looked at Dongyun as Kyulkyu was shoved out of the kitchen by her dad. 

Kyulkyu sighed as she walked over to the table as she looked at them. "How is everything?" She asked 

"It is good like always." Hojung smiled at her "How is your shoulder?" She asked 

"It is okay." Kyulkyu answered as she felt herself being pulled down in a booth next to Jun. "I can't-" She started 

"Just sit for a minute. Relax, tell us what you want to to tell us." Younghee said as she looked at her. 

Kyulkyu sighed as she looked at them. "Uhm, Dongyun. My dad wants to know when you can start? I mean you don't have to even take the job, I mean -" She started to ramble. 

"I can start now. I mean, I do have a one condition. You have to join us in you know." Dongyun looked at Kyulkyu. 

"Okay, awersome. I"ll go tell him you don't want the job." Kyulkyu started to get up as Jun pulled her back down. She sighed as crossed her arms.

"Hey kiddos, here is something on the house. You guys have grown up so much." Heojung walked over as he set down a plate of rice cakes. "So have marshmellow asked about the job?" Heojung looked at Dongyun. 

"I can start today. It looks like Kyulkyu can use some help." He said as he looked at Heojung. 

"Great, finish your food and Kyulkyu can train you and teach you how the place runs - but I am sure that you don't need much help as you use to own a cafe." Heojung nodded as he walked off.

Dongyun watched her father walk off as he held out the plate to Kyulkyu as she got up just walking off. He sighed as he set it down just motion for Jun and Wootak to let him out. He got out as he looked at the others. "I still think one of you should have done this." He said 

"Would you tell Kyulkyu about the whole angel power thing that is what was added on to her when I did the ritual because I mean she is already upset at you so she -" Hojung nodged a straw wraper. 

"No, do that yourself." He said as he walked off. He sighed as he walked to the counter as he walked around it into the kitchen as Kyulkyu was walking over with an apron. 

"This is for you." She said as she handed him the apron. "I'll teach you the rice cake stuff tonight when my dad is gone." Kyulkyu said as she walked back to the front as she watched him put on the apron. "You can bring one that you have or like better if the pink isn't your thing." She added as she handed him a stack of menus. "Wipe these down and put them in the container there." Kyulkyu said as she handed him a rag. She went over to the back counter just starting to pre-making to go boxes. 

"Alright." Dongyun said as he started to clean menus and put them in the right container. 

•••

Ruiho was asleep in the passganer seat of Yeseul's car as she was checking on her last patient. He didn't even know that they were in the city again. He woke up himself up as he heard the car door slam shut. He looked around as he looked at Yeseul as she was typing in the address of the shop into her GPS as she started to drive off. He sighed as he looked at his phone. "They got Kyulkyu to be on board in exchange Dongyun ahs to work at the cafe or the other way around. I am not too sure." Ruiho told her as he looked at her. 

"Well at least she will be able to help and not have a easy target on her back." Yeseul said as she drove. "I bet they tricked Dongyun into this whole deal. It doesn't sound like him to do this." Yeseul said 

"I just relying information. I am not here to make friendly conversation. I am only here because Hojung asked me more like forced me. I have the money card." Ruiho said to her as he leaned on his elbow. The two out of the whole group got along the least, well at least now that they were older Yeseul was at least trying. 

Yeseul sighed as she didn't say anything as she kept driving. She pulled into a parking garage just parking her car as she got out just watching Ruiho do the same. She walked next to him as he had put on some sunglasses and put on a snap back. "What are you even doing?" She asked

"You wouldn't understand." Ruiho said as he stuck his hands in his pockets. 

"You look like a werido. At least lose the shades." Yeseul said as she watched him take them off as he sighed. "The shop is this way." Yeseul looked at her phone as she looked at him not trying to make eye contact with anyone. "What is your problem?" She asked as she stopped walking to turn around and face him. 

"Unlike you people, I will be regconized very easily. Have you ever heard of the singer, Euiho?" He asked as Yeseul shook her head. 

"Kind of, a couple of my teenage patients talked about him and his group." Yeseul said as she laughed. "Are you trying to tell me that you are him?" Yeseul asked as Ruiho nodded. "Oh, so you are worried about people recoginzing you. I doubt anyone will around here. Come on, they will know me before you." Yeseul said as she started to walk. 

"Right this is right up the criminal's aisle." Ruiho stated as Yeseul sighed to herself. The two walked into a shop just having different witch looking things as he looked back at Yeseul as she was talking to someone at a counter. He walked over as he stodd next to her. They got what was on all of Hojung's lists as they started back to Yeseul's car. Ruiho was carrying most of the bags as they made it back to her car. He watched as she opened up the trunk as he placed the bags inside of the trunk as she was starting up the car. Ruiho ran to the passgenar door after closing the back just hurrying inside. "Sketchy people approaching, lets go." Ruiho said as she quickily pulled out just driving off. 

•••

Hojung and the others were in her attic just making into their wtich head quarters to say the least just going through boxes and other things to get rid of or donate. She looked at her phone as it was a text from Ruiho that they would be there soon. She texted back a simple okay just putting her phone away as she was looking through box. "This box is full my granny's stuff, i'll have to ask her." Hojung said as she moved to the pile where mainly had things belonging to her granny. "Do you think if we walk around the cafe tonight then we will find the demon that hurt Kyulkyu?" She asked 

"Probably." Younghee said as she looked at her as she was levitating just taking books off a book shelf just handing it to Jun who was dusting them off and setting them a table to go through them. "But how will we kill the thing? A spell or potion?" Younghee asked 

"I am guess that is how it works." Jun said as he was looking at these books. "But how will we know which one to use?" He asked as he looked at them. 

"Make a lot and hit him with one until he dies?" Hojung asked as she opened up a box. "Hey, i found our old halloween costumes that my granny helped us make." She said as she looked back them. 

"Then that should go into the keep pile?" Wootak asked as he looked at them. He walked over to a trunk just lifting the lid as he looked at the items inside. "Oh hey, I found tons of witch supplies." He looked back at them. He looked through the trunk as he pulled out a book. "I found a book of shadows." He looked at them as he stood up. He walked over to them just showing them. "I think we can use to find something that kills all fire throwing demons." Wootak told them. 

"We are back." Ruiho walked into the room as he was carrying a few bags with Yeseul walking in behind him. "Some creepy guys started to follow us, but Yeseul lost them when a bus got behind us." Ruiho said as he set down the bags on the counter. 

"Great timing." Hojung was flipping through the pages as she was tyring to find something that would help them. "This will work. A simple vanquishing potion." She said as she started to sort out the items that they had bought. Hojung found everything that she need to make it just mixing it up in a bowl just then putting into smaller vials and passed them out. "Who wants to take some to Kyulkyu and Dongyun?" Hojung asked 

"I will." Yeseul said as she took the bag with three or four in it as she walked off. It was hard to be in the car for that long with Ruiho and to be around him after all these years. They were never the best of friends nor got along at any point during school. She sighed as she walked to the cafe just seeing it being a little more busy than usual. She walked through the doors as Dongyun was pouring coffee while Kyulkyu was passing out plates of food cups that Dongyun was making. Yeseul walked over to Dongyun. "Do you a have second?" She asked 

"For a couple, what is wrong?" He paused as the machines was pouring teh coffee into certain cups as he was mixing them. 

"These are vanquishing potions for if you guys need them." Yeseul whispered as she dodged a hot tea pot he swung just placing on Kyulkyu's raised up tray as she watched him set other mugs on it. "It is really buzzing." She said 

"Yes, I post on twitter that if any of my old customers wanted great treats and drinks then to come here. I also said it is run by attractive people which always brings in highschool kids." Dongyun blinked at her as he placed a plates on a tray just using the tongs to place rice cakes on the plates. He took the bag of potions just setting them apron pocket as he walked around the counter. "Do you need anything else?" Dongyun looked at her 

"I don't think so." Yeseul said as she looked at the two bustle around. "Okay, well just see you later." Yeseul walked out as she walked back to Hojung's. She found them cleaning up and organzing the room. "You guys should the cafe. One twitter post from Dongyun and it is hopping." Yeseul said as she looked at them. 

"Yeah, we saw it. It is about time." Wootak said as he was looking at his phone. "Well i have to go. I have to give a tutoring lesson at the library." Wootak said as he waved to them. He left just hurrying down to his place just grabbing his things he needed to do his lesson as he looked at his phone as the student wanted to change it to the rice cake shop. Wootak sighed as he made his way there as he could see what Yeseul was saying. Wootak sat across from the boy as they started. After the lesson, Wootak had ordered some tea and was just sipping it on it as things were slowing down. "Do you two need some help cleaning up?" Wootak asked as Kyulkyu shook her head. 

"That is okay. We got it." Kyulkyu said as she held up a tea pot. "You want the rest of this?" SHe asked as Wootak held up his mug to her.

"Have you heard any questionable thoughts from anyone?" He asked as he sipped on his cup. 

"No, it has just been pretty much a jumble." Dongyun said as he looked at him. 

•••

Hojung stood next to Ruiho as she sighed. She stuck her hands in her pockets as they walked. She could see the lights stil on at the cafe as they were most likely cleaning up to close the place down. She kicked a rock as she looked around. "No one has come out." Hojung said as she looked at him. 

"Yeah because they know we are here, dummy." Ruiho answered as he looked down at her. "Plus it was pretty dark when Kyulkyu got attacked." Ruiho looked around as he spotting a group. "Hey that punk over there was one of the ones I saw following me and Yeseul. They are near Jun and Younghee." Ruiho said as he quickly texted Jun. 

Jun looked at his phone as he looked at Younghee. "Ruiho says that one there followed him and Yeswul." Jun said as he gripped the potion in his hand as he watched Younghee march out in the open. "Younghee!" He hissed just looking around. 

"Hey! You losers! Which one of you hurt my friend?!" Younghee snapped at them as she tossed a potion at their feet as the group jumpped back just dodging it as they looked at her. Younghee flet Jun hurry by her side as he glared at her. "Come on, fess up. Don't be wimps about it." Younghee taunted as she raised up her hand with another vial just hitting one as he went up flames and vanished.

"Don't taunt the demons!" Jun hissed as he out stretched his hand as he froze a fire ball thrown at them. He tossed his vial as he got one as they both dodged a stray fire ball. "Ruiho!" Jun yelled at him as the other made a motion that he was sorry. 

"You killed him before my fireball hit." Ruiho walked over as he looked at him. "Did we get them all?" He asked 

"I think, but you were trigger happy! We didn't even learn while they attacked Kyulkyu or who they were." Hojung scolded Younghee. 

"Frankly I don't care. I am just gald they are dead. Besides what other purpose than killing her and getting rid of one of us would they have for attacking her?" Jun asked as he looked at them. "Also there will be more anyway that we can ask or something." He said as he could see Yeseul walking over with Wootak, Kyulkyu,and Dongyun. "Sorry, we killed them all." Jun said 

"That is okay. We just came over to see if they were all dead." Yeseul said "This won't be the last. We have to stick together you know." She added as she crossed her arms. 

"They know that we are here now." Dongyun said as the others nodded. 

"We should go pratice." Hojung said as she linked arms with Kyulkyu. "You can't get out of this one. You need to practice that orb thing. We will need it and you need to learn how to take more than just yourself." Hojung said as the group walked off to Hojung's barn to practice. 
 
 

Author's Note - Hi guys, here is the first chapter. I hope you guys like it!