Five

Dear Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Wishing you all a belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year! Thank you for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and reading!

Unfortunately, when January comes, I'll have to split my time between school, studying and work. This means I'll be updating even less than I have been. I'm sorry guys, but I'll try my best to write during my spare time.

------

 

"Excuse me?" Jocelyn glared up at her superior with shocked eyes and a gaping mouth. She had been rushed in to work on her day off as a result of an emergency call. However, she could not believe what was being demanded of her, much less the situation she was being forced into.

"You heard me. Go to the back and put on a wedding dress." Her boss reiterated, eyes still gleaming at the wad of cash in her possession.

"Sarah, this is absolutely ridiculous!" But her vain protests fell on deaf ears. It shouldn't have surprised her in the slightest that in the presence of money, her employer would order her to do something completely against her will.

"Fulfilling the wishes of our clients is part of good customer service. Unless you want to be fired?" The said woman threatened. "And I'm certain Mr. Oh can assure you never find a job in this industry again." She whispered the last part. After all, the man's power was not to be joked around with.

With gritted teeth and clamped fists, Jocelyn reluctantly allowed herself to be pulled to the changing stalls in the back.

The minute she made a reappearance, Sehun couldn't refrain himself from gawking in awe at how stunning his girlfriend looked.

Jocelyn appeared as though she'd stepped out from a fairytale book. Donned in a simple but elegant v neck laced wedding dress, she was undoubtedly an eye catcher. She was breathtakingly beautiful, even Luhan couldn't stop himself from staring.

The black haired male gazed lovingly at Jocelyn from a distance, unable to contain the genuine uplifting of his lips.

It was at this moment that Damon ushered the photography team to get to work.

Though Sehun's arms were encased loosely around Luhan's waist with his head resting on the latter's shoulder, his eyes never left Jocelyn. She was the only reason he was tolerating any of this with minimal complaints.

Luhan was not oblivious to the change in atmosphere. Love was in the air, but certainly not between the soon to be married couple. He'd been astonished at how gentle Sehun's actions were; like a spell had suddenly been casted over him. Gentle, he believed the word was solely reserved for Jocelyn. She was the only one that had been deemed worthy and the only one that could evoke such a reaction from the black haired male.

Sehun is so handsome and Jocelyn is gorgeous, they really are a match made in heaven. Luhan thought grimly to himself as he felt remorseful that he had to separate the two.

"Daddy, papa! Look!" Chanyeol's voice shrilled.

It wasn't until he felt strong arms being circled around him and tiny thumbs wiping away at his tears did he finally realize he'd been crying.

Zoning back into reality from his trance, Luhan found himself wrapped between Kris' arms whilst Chanyeol and Tao were giving him worried looks.

"I'm okay guys," had always been his automatic reply, not forgetting to feign a convincing smile.

Tao shook his head. "No you're not." He longed for the day that Luhan would get married and live his happily ever after. Never would any of them have thought the brunette would be compelled into wedding someone that could not reciprocate his feelings.

"We know how hard this is for you. I just wish there was something more we could do to help you." He sighed frustratingly as his own tears were on the verge of spilling. He despised the feeling of hopelessness. He just wanted his best friend to be happy, was that really asking for too much?

"Tao, don't start. You know Chanyeol's going to follow." Kris warned gingerly, freeing an arm to clasp onto his husband's hand.

Chanyeol clambered out of Tao's embrace and into Luhan's. "Baba leaving Yeollie?" He glanced up at the brunette with glossy eyes.

"Of course not baby." Luhan pinched Chanyeol's nose which expectedly elicited a giggle from the toddler. "I'll make sure to come visit you as often as I can."

"Promise Yeollie?" He held out his pinky finger, causing the adults to coo at his innocence.

A half-hearted smile stretched out across Luhan's lips. "I promise." He hooked his pinky to the awaiting one and sealed their thumbs together.

"This isn't the end guys. We'll eventually figure a way out." Kris comforted, trying to maintain the positivity despite the heavy feelings lingering in his heart.

Luhan inhaled deeply and nodded. "And at the very least, I'll always have you guys every step of the way, right?"

"Always. We love you so much Lu." Tao stood up to place a chaste kiss atop Luhan's head.

"I love you guys too."

------

As soon as the church doors were pulled open, the organ began playing the familiar melody.

With an arm looped onto Kris', Luhan's mind blanked as they strode toward the altar. Every step they neared was becoming increasingly more difficult. Countless of times, Luhan had thoughts about escaping; but as much as he'd wanted to, he knew it was illogical. As tempting as it was, he couldn't just avoid his problems, it was utterly useless. The only thing he could do was to accept his fate.

They stopped in front of a stoic faced Sehun. The scowl never left Kris' face as he hesitantly placed Luhan's hand into the black haired male's outstretched one. The brunette flinched at the touch of Sehun's icy hand against the hot clamminess of his own.

It wasn't until the priest cleared his throat, giving the blonde a strict look did he finally make his way to his seat.

The music discontinued as the priest spoke. "Family and friends, we are gathered here today to witness the official marriage between Sehun Oh and Han Lu." He first turned toward the black haired male. "Whether in health or sickness, rags or riches, during both good and bad times, do you, Sehun Oh take Han Lu to be your lawfully wedded husband? To love and cherish until death do you apart?"

No, I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter