Page 9

Unfailing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 9

Fetcher

Words: 3039

Rating: NC-17

SinB is silently waiting for her fetcher. Most of the people left the school already. She was sitting in the bench waiting for fetcher. She look around and her friend caught her eyes, best friend to be more precise.

 

"SinB-yah." The other girl run to SinB with a big smile. "Yah Yerin wait for auntie!" A woman yell rubbing after Yerin. SinB look at the woman who seems not familiar to her. She look at Yerin and back to the woman who is now standing in front of them.

 

"I thought you left already?" Yerin asked her best friend. SinB look at her watch and shook her head. I've been waiting for mom for thirty minutes already, but she isn't here yet. Mom usually on time. Maybe she is caught up with work again." SinB explained to her friend. Yerin frown hearing the story from her friend.

 

"You could come with us. Just tell me where is your place, and I can drop you there." The woman suddenly speak. The two children look at the woman.

 

"You will do that aunt Yoona?" Yerin asked. Yoona scratch her nape. "Stop looking at me like I won't do anything right." Yoona says as she get the bag of her niece.

 

"If it's fine with your friend. Parents don't usually let their child go to stranger. But I can assure you, you can trust me. Yerin knows me. Plus I guess it isn't right to leave you here. People will be leaving soon. It's starting to get dark already." Yoona pointed out the sky.

 

SinB look at Yoona and Yerin. The latter smile at her. SinB see this woman for the first time. Usually Yerin's dad is the one fetching her. But the woman is aunt of Yerin, Yerin's parents know her. So she think it is fine to go. She look at Yoona and smile.

 

"I will go." SinB smile, Yoona nodded and smile. She guide the two elementary students in her car.

 

 

SinB got home, she look around the place. Her mom wasn't here yet. Lately her mom always asked her aunt Krystal to fetch her, but last week Krystal left for business stuffs in New York. She wonder why her mom didn't even sent anyone if she can't come.

 

However SinB love her mom. She understands, since the day her father died her mom is the only one who work for them.

 

She look around the dark living room. She look for the remote of the light to turn it on. She suddenly remember what her mom usually say.

 

"When you are alone, lock the door. Don't let anyone in." SinB look at the door and checked if it is lock, it is.

 

She walk to the refrigerator to see if there is any food. There is few. Her mom forget to buy stuffs from grocery. SinB remembers that they usually go to grocery at 15th and 30th of the month, it's 7th of the month already. 

 

She get the bread that only available that is place in counter top. Her mom maybe bought it last night or this morning? SinB doesn't know. She just get it and ate it.

 

 

Yoona got a message from her unnie. Yerin's dad is the one who usually fetch and drop the child to school. But her brother - in - law was in Japan for business thing. Yoona got her car keys as she put her camera in the bag.

 

Yoona is a part time photographer, full time artist in a company who make games. Yoona is an art director there. Yoona walk to her Jeep Wrangler. 

 

She drive safely until she reach the school. She was 30 minutes late again, well she always is. Plus her sister was too late on messaging her.

 

As she walk out the car. She walk to the hall of the school. The guard greeted her. Yoona walk to the bench and see Yerin with her friend again. 

 

Yoona frown as the thought if the girl being forgotten by her parents again. It was a month since that time she sent the girl home.

 

"Yerin!" Yoona yell as she approached the two. Yerin stand hugging Yoona. "Aunt Yoona!" Yoona chuckles, even Yerin is naughty Yoona love her niece so much since the child is smart and kind. Plus dorky, just like her.

 

"Auntie, SinB's mom forgot to fetch her again. Can you drive her home again?" Yerin asked with hopeful look. Yoona look at SinB and see the girl is looking at her too. She still have to finish her job, SinB's place is far from her studio. But Yoona won't let a child be left here. 

 

Work can wait, Yoona's thought. She smile and nodded making SinB and Yerin smile.

 

The two children were settled in the backseat with their seat belt fasten. Yoona look at rear mirror and watch the two talk happily. Yoona was just listening as she drive her car.

 

"Do you know that my aunt work in a game company?" Yerin happily says. SinB look at her with confusion.

 

"What is that?" She asked, Yerin get her game in her bag. "Here my game they are the one who make it." SinB was really amazed and the two happily play.

 

 

Four times already. Yoona exactly count. This is the fourth time she is dropping SinB home. It's been a week since she last fetch Yerin that SinB is with it again. 

 

She wonder if it just coincidence that SinB's mom forgot about her when she is the one who will fetch Yerin or SinB was always left there?

 

They reach SinB's unit. The girl was punching their code when SinB's stomach indicate that she is hungry. She feel the embarrassment. Yerin giggle, Yoona think that she still have time. She know that SinB have no one with her this time.

 

"Can we come in?" Yoona asked. Yerin was shock as she look at SinB. "Why aunt?" She asked.

 

"Your friend is hungry I will cook for her. You can join too if you want." Yoona says the two children got excited with the thought. SinB suddenly remember what her mom usually says.

 

"Don't let anyone come." But SinB shrugged it off. She break the other rule however, plus this is Yoona. She trust the woman already.

 

They enter the unit. Yoona check the cabinet and refrigerator. She find nothing. The cabinet have some canned foods and a cereal.

 

The refrigerator have some water, beer, and milk. No meat or anything. She checked her phone and see it is the 10th of the month already. Maybe SinB's mother forgot getting grocery.

 

"How fun it is if we go to grocery store first to buy the things we needed. We can but ice cream too." SinB and Yerin got excited as they nodded.

 

Yoona was getting some stuffs that she needed. She even think of buying some stuffs for SinB's house. This could be a help for SinB's mom and to the child too.

 

She buy some meat, milk, fruits, vegetables, snacks, ice cream and things she needed. She watch as Yerin and SinB keeps putting their snacks and chocolate to the cart.

 

Yoona just let them, she have her money for herself. Tonight feels like she is buying stuffs for her two children.

 

 

Yoona cook some kimbap and sandwiches for SinB and Yerin. She cook bulgogi and some salads too. SinB's mom can eat it later.

 

She made some side dishes too for stock. SinB told her not to put any cucumber in the kimbap, Yoona comply without asking why. She also made bibimbap that they eat.

 

She watch as the two children eat happily. Yoona check her clock and see it was 8 pm already. Her sister will be mad if see that Yerin isn't home yet.

 

Yoona declare that they will go home. She start washing dishes and putting the other food in table and covering it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter