Unrequited Love cont.

Unrequited Love

 

   It was almost just like a older and younger brother relationship, but Kai didn't understand why he kept wanting to be around Lu Han, he just wanted Lu Han to show him some attention and love. Lu Han on the other hand was quite cold. Not on purpose but he pushed the kid aside most of the time. It came to the point where he didn't understand why Kai was being so pathetic with him. Kai use to be snarky and carefree but now he played this innocent little hurt boy who tagged along Lu Han like a neglected child. Lu Han had to admit it got annoying. It was like a crying puppy kept following him around.

Then came the joke pairings. First it was KaixLuHan. It was all fun and game for all them.. Kai liked it because at one point it was KaixLuHan vs KaixTao. He found it hilarious to suddenly see these two hyungs who usually ignore him, fight over him for once..

"Kai is mine!" Tao hugged Kai and said jokingly to some girls who were complimenting Kai
"Kai+Tao? Yeah new pairing hyung!" Kai and the girls laughed.
"yep it's cool huh?" Tao chuckled.
Suddenly Kai gets pulled away from Tao and ends up in another hug.
"No! Kai is mine! KaixLuHan!" Lu Han stuck his tongue out and Tao.
"nuhuh he's mine!" Tao tried pulling Kai back. Kai just laughed totally amused by it all. Finally Kai put his arms out and said "whoa whoa okay now you guys fight over me? aish I'm both of yours!" he smiled.

Kai Always thought he was just super close with his hyungs but the day Lu Han got a girlfriend, he slowly came to the painful and unwanted realization that maybe… he liked Lu Han more than just a close friend or hyung.

"HYUNG you have a girlfriend now Congrats?" Kai smiled at Lu Han
"yeah I do and thanks haha"
"but ahh hyung you're cheating on me?!" Kai fake sobbed.
"haha what?! am not!" Lu Han chuckled and ruffled the kids hair.
"you are…" pouted Kai..

  He kept telling himself that wasn't that he had feelings for Lu Han that it was just that he was missing Lu Han's attention is all.. but then again not like Lu Han ever gave him the attention he wanted… Tao did a little maybe at times but still it was enough.. It made Kai become self conscious of himself he felt worthless, he had gone from a confident head held high young man to a pathetic, clingy, emotional child. Tao didn't really notice much he was gone most of the time with family and some of his own business. The other members thought he was just trying to get attention...Lu Han noticed it a bit but he just found it annoying as can be. It made him become even more cold toward Kai and only made things worse.

Lu Han having a girlfriend actually helped Kai a bit. It made him reestablish the hyung and dongsaeng zone. He was able to joke around with him more, he even got closer, Lu Han even let him become a bit closer. Also maybe the fact that Tao was away visiting family and the others busy with their own things as well. Kai would hang out with Chen and Lu Han quite a bit aside from Se Hun who he was also always with…

Kai didn't realize that he was actually falling for Lu Han… not until Lu Han broke up with his girlfriend. Kai comforted Lu Han and was there for him..
"so sorry hyung" Kai patted Lu Han.
"It's fine" Lu Han smiled. "you know sometimes things just don't work out"
Kai nodded then chuckled.
"What?" Lu Han asked.
"Does this mean hyung is mine again?"
Lu Han laughed and socked the boy playfully. "you wish!"
"but hyung!"
"what? what?" Lu Han was starting to get annoyed.
"I love you hyung!" Kai burst out his emotions to Lu Han. He had said the words before but never meant them like this.
Lu Han chuckled and ruffled Kai's hair.
"I love you Lu Han. I mean it. and You just keep pushing me aside and breaking my heart, all I wanted was some of your attention some love and affection but you are never able to do that. Just wanted you to want me"  Kai confessed. Lu Han starred at him in shock for a bit. It wasn't the first time the boy had told him he had broken his heart but he always thought he was joking around being his annoying usual self but this time he took it too far. Lu Han was angered and annoyed! How could this kid joke around like that! What the hell does he think of Lu Han that he's would give up all those girls just to play with him? He isn't Taemin or Key this isn't no YunJae!
"I DON'T WANT YOU!" Lu Han burst out. "I don't roll that way….I don't like you… go to Se Hun or Tao or Chen or any of the other members…"  he got up and left the heart broken boy.
  Kai stood there for a bit, confused and hurt beyond imaginable. He didn't realize it would hurt that much. He knew Lu Han didn't like him but he didn't know that he hated him! Did he really hate him so much? Was he really that annoying that worthless. He felt  worse than dirt. He quickly left the house and just went for a walk. After awhile Kai finally took the time to pay attention to where he was. He found himself on a bridge. He walked over to the edge, starring at the soon to be sunset then leaned over to look down… If he fell from here he would surely die.. he found himself thinking… then again its not like anyone would care? well except his parents maybe some of s… but maybe not Lu Han maybe he'd be doing him a favor…. Kai leaned down and over the edge more...

.......................