Chapter Thirty-Four:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

I sit down at the dining table and wait for my brother to come downstairs to begin to eat. As we eat, my dad, like always, asks up what's new in our life. I casually answer him, "I'm hanging out tomorrow with Minho."

My parents and brother start to choke on their food. "Like on a date?" Mom wonders.

I eat a spoonful of rice and shrug my shoulders. I glance over to my brother and Dad, whom are having the worst time digesting this information. "Are you two okay?" I wonder.

"You're going on a date with this boy I don't even know," Dad says.

"You're going on a date with Mino," Ji-ho gap.

"I don't get why you guys are calling it a date, I never called it a date." I take a sip of water.

"Are you going to be hanging out with anyone else?" Ji-ho wonders.

I think for a moment about what Minho told me about our date — I just don't want to admit our date to my family. "I don't think so."

"It's a date!" My family yells at me.

"Okay," I say. I begin to feel my hands shake, but I hide them by eating some more food.

"Aren't you nervous?"

I shake my head no. I've been nervous since he asked me out.

"My daughter is nervous about everything else, but this!" Mom sighs.

"S-Sorry?" I glance down at my plate.

"No, she's nervous. Look at how she's acting," Ji-ho says, while pointing at me.

I feel all eyes are on me. "She is!" Mom exclaims.

I sigh as I continue to eat my dinner. "Stop pointing things out about me Ji-ho-oppa."

"Never."

We continue to have dinner as my family ask questions about this date.

***
I finish getting ready for the date with Minho. I asked him last night where are we going, but all he responded with was I want you to meet someone. I have no clue as to what that's suppose to mean.

I grab my purse and phone and walk downstairs. When I arrive to the living room, I find my family and two people who don't even live here. "Why is everyone here?" I wonder.

"You're going on a date with Mino, right?" Jihoon asks.

"Yeah, but that doesn't explain why you and Kyung-oppa are here," I say.

"We need to tell him the rules," Kyung says.

"Can't my family do that?"

"We need back up, Jia," Ji-seok comments.

"Wait! How did you two know that this was today?" I stare at the two boys who aren't related to me.

"Ji-seok-hyung said it was important," both of them say.

"How did you know about it?" I look towards the eldest.

"Ji-ho said it was important and I agree with that statement," he says.

I shake my head. The doorbell rings and that's when some weird stuff went down. My brothers holler something out and the next thing I know I have Jihoon bear hugging me, as everyone else runs towards the door. My mom opens the door and ushers Minho in.

"What are you doing?" I ask Jihoon. "Why do you have to hug me so tightly?"

"It's all part of the plan," he answers.

"Including you squeezing me to death? Can you please loosen up?" I choke out.

"Sure." His hold around me lessen slightly, but enough to let me breath.

Please log in to read the full chapter