Chapter Twenty-Two:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

I finish eating my breakfast and put the dishes in the sink. I stroll upstairs, brush my teeth, pack up my toothbrush, grab my camping things and head downstairs.

"Be careful," Mom says.

"I will be." I set my things down and hug her. "I'll call you before getting there."

"Alright. Be safe," she tells me.

"I will be." I tie up my hiking boots, my mom hands me my camping stuff and then I leave for school.

I stroll over to a half asleep Minho. I tap his shoulder, which causes him to jump awake. "Morning," I giggle.

He rubs his eyes and then stare at me. "Morning," he yawns.

"It's nine in the morning, why are you tired?"

"I didn't go to bed until 4:30 this morning," he yawns again.

"Well, you can sleep on the bus ride, I'll wake you up before we get there."

"Really?" I nod my head. "You're the best!" He hugs me.

Another one of my famous blushes creep onto my face, so instinctively I stare at the ground in attempt to hide it. "It's nothing, really," I mumble.

"I know, but I am so tired right now."

"It's no problem."

"But still thank you." He smiles at me.

The buses come to take all of the second years to the campsite. Minho and I put our things where the others are putting their's and walk onto the bus. I find an empty seat for the two of us, walk to it and when I turn around I don't see Minho. I scan the area in front of me and see Minho sitting next to Bada. I sigh as I slide into the seat and stare out the window.

"Where's Mino?" A familiar voice wonders.

I turn to see the face to the voice and it's Jihoon. "He's next to Bada," I reply.

"I know I'm not the one you want next to you, but can I sit next to you?" He wonders.

I glance up to Minho, whom is staring at me. "She won't let me leave," he lips to me.

"It's fine, I'll sit next to Jihoon," I lip back. "Sure," I say.

"Great because there is no where else for me to sit."

I turn toward Jihoon. "I have an idea!"

"What is it?"

"Trade places with Minho," I say. He just starts laughing at me. "What?"

"He said it himself that she won't let him leave. What makes you think she'll let him leave if I ask?"

"I don't know, turn on your charms or something."

"Jia, my charms are always on," he states, like it is a fact that I should already know.

"Then maybe you should get different charms," I mumble to myself.

"What?"

I smile up at him. "I coughed," I lie.

"I'm going to believe you, even though everything about you says I shouldn't," he says.

We continue to talk to one another and we even listen to Jihoon's music together. When we are about half an hour away from the campsite, I text Minho making sure that he's up.

Minho: I've been awake this whole time. Blabber mouth won't shut up.

Me: I'm sorry. I have to call my mom, text you afterwards.

I take out the earbud, pull up my mom's contact and hit the call button. I put the phone to my ear and she answers. "Hello Mom," I greet.

"How much longer until you get to the campsite?" She asks.

"Maybe another 30 minutes, if that."

"Alright. See you when you get home."

"See you when I get home."

"I love you."

Please log in to read the full chapter