Chapter Twenty-One:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

Monday comes and I'm sitting in my desk. Minho is walking over to me but stops when Bada and her friends walk in front of him. My heart drops when I see Bada hand him a lunch box.

He sits down at his desk. "Good morning Jia." He smiles at me.

I nod at him in response. I glance over to Bada and her friends, who are laughing and whispering something to one another.

"Hey? Are you okay?" Minho asks.

I snap my attention to him and nod. I feel my heart fall even farther as he doesn't ask me for the lunch I made for him. Did I do something wrong? Why did he take Bada's lunch? Why isn't he asking for mine?

"You don't seem okay. Did something happen?"

"No," I mumble.

Yes. I brush some hair behind my ear and smile at him. I feel my hands start to shake, so I hide them underneath the desk.

"You're lying," he states. "Something is bothering you. What is it?"

"It's nothing," I lie.

"But-"

"Pl-please stop asking," I stutter. Before Minho could say anything else the teacher walks in. She begins the lesson so Minho turns around.

Why am I acting like this? Why does it bother me so much that he hasn't asked for my lunch? It shouldn't bother me, but it does. What did I do?

Lunchtime comes, I grab my bag and Minho and I walk to the cafeteria. My heart pounds as I walk closer to him. "So, how was your weekend?" I ask him.

"Um... it was good," he quickly says. "How was yours?"

I look away from him. "It was good as well." It gets quiet between us.

This is so awkward.

I go to say something, but I'm pushed away from him. When I look back to Minho, I see Bada with him again. She manages to pull him towards her table with the help of her friends. Minho tries to protest, but the girls don't listen to his pleas.

I clench my fist at the sight. My blood continues to boil as I walk to my usual table. I sit down and pull out my lunch. Why did she have to take him? I want him sitting next to me like he always does. I open my lunch and take a bite.

"Someone doesn't seem happy," Taehyun comments, as he sits down.

I glare at him. "Shut up." I pull out the lunch I made for Minho. "Here." I give it to him. "Minho isn't going to eat it, someone should."

"What's got you so down in the dumps?" He takes a bite of the food.

I sigh as I point over Minho and Bada, she's all over him. "It shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but I can't help it," I mumble.

"First the idiot over there and now you. You two need to talk things out," Taehyun says.

"What?"

"Mino-hyung was all upset hearing you went on a date this weekend, so I cheered him up."

I continue to leer at the younger boy. "Did your cheering up involve Bada and him getting closer to one another?" I growl.

"No. I have no idea how that happened." He takes another bite of food.

I rest my head on hand and check my phone. I read the text from Ji-ho saying that he and Kyung are studying in the library. I groan after reading it. So I only get to talk to Taehyun. Great! It's not like I hate him, but I barely know him.

"Wow, you are really upset about this Bada thing," he says.

"I don't know why!" I groan again.

"I think I do," he sings to me.

I feel someone

Please log in to read the full chapter