Fire Light

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Don’t miss me too much, Kai.” Her words had been cheeky and a smirk unfurled across her face at the nickname. Her words were easy to listen to, but hard to do.


He was left with a decision on his hands, and she had left. He was stuck. He was lost.


But she couldn’t make that decision for him. And even if he asked her to, she would refuse. So instead, he danced it out, expressing it in the best way he knew how. That made things a little better, but then he saw his inbox on a daily basis.


Why? Why did he have to post that video? Why couldn’t he have kept it to himself? He wouldn’t feel that lost if he hadn’t.


Instead of looking at the e-mails in his inbox, he swiped at his phone and looked at the most recent message from Chaeyeon, which had two pictures attached: one of the Northern Lights and another that she had probably sent on accident.


The second was a picture of her, a reflection of fire illuminating half her face, her lips slightly parted and eyes dark. She didn’t typically take pictures of herself, but instead of wondering who would take a picture of her like that, something warm spread through him and the gears in his head began to turn.


He types into the search bar of the internet window, scrolling through the results and listening to a couple seconds of each one. And after half an hour, he gave up. Nothing truly captured the picture into words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter