Swollen

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“What do you think about it?”


“It’s perfect,” Jongin murmured into the phone. Tao had called Chanyeol to help, and the two had really outdone themselves. The original melody was overlaid with some sort of depth that he couldn’t explain. It was different, but it was somehow still the same.


Just how Jongin felt about himself.


Blanketed by their voices, the song was everything that he needed.


He had practiced the choreography that he had created to the original, but this piece would require a little bit of changing. After his ankle healed, that is. It was a bit too swollen for him to be happy and risk further injury, so instead, he smiled down into the open cardboard box.


The soft sweatshirt was missing from the box because he was currently wearing it, but the prescription sunglasses and—his personal favorite—the new leather wallet that had embossed words and the meaningful symbol hidden by the inside flap.


Not until we are lost, do we begin to understand ourselves.


Sometimes, it felt like she understood him better than he understood himself. Thousands of miles apart, and she somehow knew.


The door to the room opened, and Kyungsoo poked his head through the crack, “You coming?”


“Yeah,” he got up, trying to keep the weight off of his swollen ankle.
 


Merry Christmas, if you celebrate it!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter