Reinjure

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you need anything else?” Kyungsoo asked, dropping off the soup and more balm.


“Thanks. I’m good,” Jongin smiled back at Kyungsoo, who had dark circles under his eyes. University was taking its toll on all three of them. Chaeyeon was busy working herself into the grave, like usual, determined to go to New York after the term was over.


And he had been trying to take care of his back for it to heal. He had talked to the program coordinator, who had said that he could send in a file of one of his past performances, and they would make the final selection based on that.


So now he had to sit and wait, hoping that his back would heal and that he would get in.


He put the soup down on the table, flicking his phone on and looking through his e-mails. And then he dropped his phone, which clattered harshly against the wooden surface. It’s only after he had regained his breath that he punches a number into speed dial.


“Hey.”


“Can you come over?”


“Sure, what’s up?”


“Come over.” He repeated before hanging up.


She showed up in record timing, bent at the waist and huffing for air. She had to have sprinted all the way there, and she gasps, “What’s wro-wrong? Is it an em-emergency?”


He pushed his phone toward her, and she scanned it, eyes growing wide. He grinned as she read it a second time, turning to him slowly, “You…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter