Spider

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The grass was soft against Jongin’s hair as he looked up at the cloudy Seoul sky.


“This is stupid,” Kyungsoo wrinkled his nose. “Why are we doing this again?”


Chaeyeon and Jongin both grinned at that just as a gust of wind swept over their faces, making Chaeyeon spit out strands of her hair out of . Kyungsoo’s lips twitched up at her struggle.


Her eyes were bright as she looked up at the clouds, arms tucked behind her head. “Do you think aliens would understand what capitalism is?”


Jongin and Kyungsoo both yanked up a handful of grass and unceremoniously dumped it on her. She laughed at their response, brushing off the greenery.


The three of them were laying on their back on the top of a random hill of a park. The sun had set half an hour ago, and they had said they would leave right after, but none of them had moved.


Chaeyeon had finally let the two of them drag her out, and it was in that moment that Jongin realized that she was human, just like him. She made bad decisions too, and just because she had answers for someone else, didn’t mean that she had them for herself.


She really was just as lost as he was.


He watched as her eyes traced the shapes of the clouds, a little peace reflected on her face for the first time since she started chasing after that program in London.


“Hey, Jongin?” Chaeyeon murmured, her head turni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter