Second Round

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The new school slowly made more and more sense to Jongin, and he could finally say that he didn’t get lost on the way to the bathroom. He plopped down into the hard plastic chair next to Kyungsoo, who was in the same class as him.


Kyungsoo blinked, creepily staring off in the distance, and Jongin bit back a smile. Kyungsoo had explained that it was his astigmatism, and he forgot his glasses more than he should. But that didn’t stop others from being very confused and a little scared of him.


The cafeteria quieted a little, and two of them turned in their seats to find the disturbance. Kyungsoo squinted, but Jongin could see her perfectly well.


Her hair was still in a messy bun, baby hair softening the look. Her legs swished against the skirt of her school uniform, and the crowd parted for her, as if she’s some sort of celebrity or monarch. But the mob of students weren’t quiet in awe. They were whispering behind covered mouths, flashing their eyes toward her.


But it was like she couldn’t notice. She paid for a bun, unwrapped it, and headed off. And within a few seconds, the cafeteria is filled with its usual buzz.


“Who was that?” Jongin poked Kyungsoo, who had quickly lost interest and had turned back to his lunch.


“Lim Chaeyeon,” Kyungsoo peeled open a clementine, offering Jongin a piece. “Rumor is that she’s incredibly rich, but she keeps to herself.” His voice lowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter