Final

You're an Idiot

"I want a glass of your strongest Rhum please!" A Japanese girl seated at the counter ordered loudly over the vibrating music.

 

She wore an off-shoulder white blouse which was rucked into a pair of faded jeans. Her alluring shoulders and collarbone weren't hidden like they usually were when she would stop at the club. The light brown haired beauty didn't like this type of environment but she was in need of some alcohol as her frustrations started to influence her into drinking although she hated it.

 

Drinking wasn't something the woman ever did, she was never fond of its effects but the burning liquid seemed to be calling her name recently.

 

Her delicate hands held the intricate glass handed by the bartender which filled with a sin inducing serum and slowly lifted it to her soft red lips. Sana's brows creased and her eyes closed shut as the horrible taste came in contact with her picky tastebuds. As the rhum travelled down , it left a trail filled with a scorching feeling causing the woman to let out a loud expiration.

The Japanese gently shook her head and blinked a few times before ordering another glass of alcohol. Sana constantly repeated the previous actions several times until she reached her thirteenth glass. The woman decided that would be her last order for the night, the disgusting drink was rather pricey.

It was a bad purchase but Sana couldn't care less. Her vision was starting to double and her dizziness started to overwhelm her more than she thought it would. She closed her brown eyes while pinching the bridge of her nose, hoping for her spinning head to cease making her feel like her brain was going to explode.

 

Why the hell was I acting this way already?

 

Sana almost forgot why she was drinking like a drunkard who hasn't had a single drop alcohol for the past twenty years.

 

It was because of her.

 

That beautiful devil who unknowingly seduced her into falling in love with her. She was a close friend of hers, they've know each other for years. The two were basically childhood friends and yet Sana still couldn't get used to how the Taiwanese girl made her feel.

Her smooth tanned skin looked so tempting to touch. Her enticing onyx eyes never failed to make Sana drown in them. Her silky black hair held a sweet scent which Sana got hooked on. Her pink lips always seemed to attract the Japanese into connecting their pairs together. Her slim body seemed to ignite a fervent desire deep down inside Sana. Her childhood friend, Chou Tzuyu, made her lose her mind and she couldn't do anything about it.

Her love and her desire for Tzuyu was a subject of social taboo in Korea. A girl liking a girl was looked down on in such a conservative country and it truly saddened her.

Minatozaki thought of moving to America with Chou so she could marry her love but that idea was nothing but wishful thinking.

 

Who was she kidding? Even if she moved with Tzuyu, would she feel the same way as her?

 

"Of course not" Muttered the Japanese who's been staring blankly at the cup of alcohol between her hands .

 

Tzuyu wasn't interested in her, that was something she deduced not too long ago. Sana has spent several years sending signals to the younger woman but she always seemed unaffected. The constant hugs, cuddles, questions about same love, anything really. She even lied about having one night stands several times hoping to garner her attention. Her temporary boyfriends didn't even seem to make her best-friend feel jealous.

 

Tzuyu simply showed little to no interest, continuing her work. She would respond in the same tone she usually does:

Mhm

You guys look good together

That's nice Sana

I hope you had fun

Good good

 

Such responses greatly irked Sana, it was what she wanted. Her signs were unfortunately unsuccessful and that was why the Japanese woman was drinking.

She gave up on all her attention seeking tactics. Maybe she should just remain by her side as a friend? Even though she won't have a romantic relationship with Tzuyu, Sana would always be by her side right?

She sighed loudly and started raising her final glass to . Her movement was interrupted by a soft hand which gripped her wrist. Sana frowned at the tanned hand which was stopping her from consuming her expensive alcohol.

 

"What is your probl-"

"Unnie, that's enough" A familiar voice interjected coldly causing Sana to tense up in her seat.

 

Tzuyu?Why was she here?

 

"We're going home" Tzuyu stated firmly while gently tugging her friend's wrist. When she didn't follow, Chou added a single word to her statement. "Now"

 

She's angry

 

Sana never expected her friend to use that tone with her. It was the first time, the Japanese girl ever got ordered around by Chou.

The drunk woman slowly stood from her seat without looking in the Taiwanese girl's eyes and almost toppled over. Tzuyu simply caught the shorter woman and wrapped one of her arms around her waist to help her walk. Sana's heartbeat inevitably quickened and her face heated at the contact shared between the two. It was nothing new to her yet her body reacted almost instantly as if it were the very first time it ever happened.

They walked in silence out of the club up to Tzuyu's car. The dark haired beauty helped Sana get into the car without saying a word. As the latter was seated, Chou leaned dangerously close towards the drunk. Minatozaki was surprised her crush didn't seem to hear how hard her heart was ramming against her ribcage as Tzuyu's hands fastened her seatbelt for her.

When she leaned back the two made eye contact for once. The feeling behind her dark eyes wasn't something Sana could decipher before her door closed. It was much more complex than she anticipated, it wasn't an emotion Tzuyu ever showed her before.

The youngest quietly entered the car, preparing herself before igniting the vehicle's motor. Not a word was spoken between the two as Chou drove them to her apartment which was about twenty minutes away from the booming club.

 

Sana had several questions floating about in her mind, it was a complete mess. Half of her was panicking while the other was gushing over her crush's new side.

The way the street lights would highlight Chou's features made Sana hold her gaze on the girl. The driver's serious expression seemed oddly angelic to her eyes and she wanted to keep that picture in her mind forever. Minatozaki as if she was under a spell, pulled out her phone and snapped a several pictures of her favourite person without a single care in the world.

Tzuyu looked at her from the corner of her eyes, staring straight in the passenger's adorable brown eyes. Her brows formed a frown before going back to the road which made Sana inexplicably release a giggle. It was probably the result of her heavy alcohol intake.

The Taiwanese girl released a heavy sigh and continued to drive in silence till they reached her apartment.

 

It would be a lie to say that the two made it to Tzuyu's room with ease. Sana's drunk attitude was hard to manage for the youngest. At first, she was acting okay from the club to the car ride but now it seemed like the effect of alcohol suddenly amplified once she was out of Chou's vehicle.

The drunk woman clung to Tzuyu just like a koala would with an eucalyptus tree. If her tree ever struggle against her grip, she would whine loudly causing the latter to stop fighting her embrace. Chou resisted her for a while but her next action immediately pleased the koala. Sana climbed on her back, wrapped her armsand legs around her favourite beauty, and rubbed her soft cheeks on Tzuyu's back.

Needless to say, the youngest carried Minatozaki up the stairs right to her living quarters.

As soon as she got inside, Tzuyu tried prying the eldest off her back but to no avail, the girl remained there. The woman signed for the umpteenth time that night and gave up.

Sana didn't know what the hell she was doing but whatever it was, she had to do it more often. Chou would usually struggle until the Japanese would stop whatever type of grip she had on the girl. A smile made its way to her red lips as she finally won the fight for more skin ship. Her heart probably died by now but her undying love for Tzuyu kept her alive.

 

"Sana-unnie" Her voice called softly, instantly gaining Sana's attention. "We need to talk"

 

The eldest didn't budge from her position although Tzuyu moved towards the leather couch and sat at the edge so she wouldn't squish the one on her back.

 

 

"Mmmm, what is it Chewy-ah?" She listened to her childhood friend's heartbeat and respiration while waiting for the latter's words.

 

"Why were you drinking so heavily like that without a friend or anything?"

 

"It's not the first time I've been out Tzuyu. I drink out often, you know?" She replied softly remembering her previous lies.

 

Chou snorted at her answer and some up with a knowing tone. "Last time you went out to a club and drink was like two years ago unnie. You then vowed to never drink again even if Mina and Momo begged you to."

 

"Maybe I lied about that, hmm?"

 

"You didn't lie about that, though you lied about going out and drinking with guys."

 

Sana stiffened at her response. It wasn't an answer she was expecting. "Wha- how would you know if I lied?"

 

"Sana please" Tzuyu chuckled which resonated in the koala's ears. That sound reanimated her heart and encouraged it into beating heavily once

more. It was cute. "I've know you for so long, what type of friend would I be if I didn't notice whenever you lied?"

 

How much more does she know about me then?

 

Her arms unwrapped from Tzuyu's neck and migrated towards her waist as she unwrapped her legs which repositioned themselves next to hers. Sana remained quiet which pushed Tzuyu to keep on talking alone.

 

"Either way, you shouldn't be drinking that much while being alone unnie."

 

Sana arms tightened their hold on the girl who sat between her legs. She buried her face in her back and breathed in Chou's sweet flowery scent. Minatozaki still didn't speak a word due to her comfort.

 

"Sana-unnie, although you've lied to me a lot of times. I can't be mad at you, there must be a reason for your actions. You're not the only who lies since I do too."

 

The girls ears perked up at her friend's statement. "What did you lie about?"

 

"I lied to you when I said I didn't love anyone"

 

Sana remained quiet somewhat fearing her crush's next words. There was a high chance of them hurting her and her drunk little heart wasn't ready for it.

 

Please don't say it

 

"I'm in love with someone"

 

A sharp pain hit her chest area as tears started to form in her eyes which Tzuyu couldn't see. Sana didn't want to hear it, she would rather die than hear Chou talk about someone else in a loving manner.

 

"That someone is pretty clumsy and adorable. Every time I see her face my day seems to brighten. Her sleepwalking is hilariously entertaining. She sometimes makes weird sounds but its adorable. The way she clings to me demands my attention is pretty cute-"

 

Sana bit her lip, Don't talk about him.

 

"I find her very attractive but I've refrained from approaching her in any way which was other than friendly. I wasn't sure if she liked me or not since she's a touchy-feely type of person. I didn't want to misunderstand her approaches. After a while I realized she liked me too-"

 

Enough, A lonely tear escaped Sana's eyes as her lips trembled.

 

"She then started acting weirdly a few years back. She constantly lied and tried to gain my attention by going out with other men-"

 

The drunk frowned at Tzuyu's words although she was hurting, why the hell would he do that to you?

 

"I started doubting her feelings for me thinking that she wasn't into women but I knew her well. She couldn't hide anything from me. Sometimes I wonder why the hell I fell in love with her-"

 

Tzuyu's soft hands made their way to Sana's arms and detached them from her waist. The Taiwanese got off the couch to face her childhood friend while kneeling near the couch. Minatozaki didn't look away from Chou's eyes despite wanting to avoid them. She didn't want her to question her tears.

A soft smile was present on her divine face which confused Sana.

 

Why is she smiling at me like that while I'm crying? Are my tears entertaining for her?

 

"Unnie what's wrong?" That question simply ignited the Japanese's anger which erupted like a shaken can of soda.

 

"What's wrong? What's WRONG!??What's wrong is that you're telling me that YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE!!!!"

 

Her answer caused Tzuyu to laugh at her which did not do any good to the furious drunk's current feeling. Her sadness was completely replaced with her past frustrations in trying to woo the goddess in front of her. She gripped Chou's collar and harshly glared at her.

 

How can she enjoy seeing me like this?

 

"What's so wrong about loving someone unnie?" Her smirk was driving Sana nuts but her words silenced her.

 

What could she say to her? Nothing would change the fact that she loved someone that wasn't her.

 

"..."

 

"Do you want to know who I fell in love with? I'm pretty sure you're curious about that special someone who stole my heart?"

 

Sana gritted her teeth and kept her strong glare against the youngest one who didn't seem the least bit intimidated. She was enjoying this too much which seemed odd. If she wasn't angry, Sana would've melted at her crush's smile. It was so beautiful even the gods would envy her. Her drunken mind tried to understand why Tzuyu was acting weirdly out of character but it wasn't cooperating at all.

Tzuyu took her lack of response as a yes.

 

"That special someone who stole my heart is an idiot. That's who."

 

"What?"

 

"I'm in love with an idiot" The tanned beauty repeated with a broad smile which brought her dimples out of hiding.

 

Sana wanted a name, not a characteristic belonging to the person her crush loved. She wanted to know who was going to steal her away and also maybe plot his death.

 

"I want his name Tzuyu" She tightened her grip on her collar.

 

The latter chuckled at her mistake. Had she not been listening since the very beginning?

 

"I said that I love someone and she happens to be an idiot"

 

Sana's eyes furrowed still not understanding her precious Tzuyu. She was starting to feel irritated at her again.

 

That's not what I asked for

 

"Tzuyu!" Minatozaki seemed to growl out at her childhood friend who was highly amused. "That's NOT what I asked for. I. Asked. For. His. Name."

 

The Taiwanese girl remained silent this time. Her soft hands went on top of Sana's causing the girl to loosen her solid grip. As Tzuyu pushed them away from her collar, she entertained their hands together making her koala's heart palpitate wildly inside her chest.

Before she knew it Minatozaki was off the couch, now standing in front of Tzuyu who had yet to let go of her. Those onyx eyes of hers held hers with a loving gaze and as if that wasn't enough Tzuyu just had to speak up.

 

"You're pretty cute when you're jealous unnie"

 

Those few words turned the eldest into a blushing mess. Her brain went haywire as she slowly took in Tzuyu's words.

 

She said I'm cute!!!.....Wait......She knows I'm jealous?

 

"Sana-unnie"

 

Her soft voice pulled her out of dazed state only to make her melt once again. Chou pressed her body against Sana's with one of her arms who sneakily made t around her waist while the other was still attached to her hand. From that point on, the drunk wasn't able to form a single word.

Tzuyu was so close, their lips were barely a few millimetres apart. They could feel each other's warm breath as they gazed at each other for an immeasurable quantity of time.

 

"You're an idiot Sana-unnie" with that said Tzuyu pulled back from her with a loving smile. "You should sleep in the guest room so you can sort out what we just talked about, ok?"

 

With her free hand she gently caressed her friend's cheek, wiping off the remnants of her previous tears. Her touch was so soft and gentle it pushed Sana slightly close her eyes at such a loving gesture.

She leaned forward a gently pecked Sana's soft red lips with her own. The black haired beauty gave her left cheek a soft squeeze with her dimpled smile before heading to her room, leaving the Japanese woman frozen in the middle of the living room.

Sana robotically made her way to the said room she was told to use and changed her clothing into the oversized t-shirt she would always wear whenever se ended up sleeping over. The woman threw herself on the bed while staring blankly at the ceiling.

Her conversation with Tzuyu kept replaying in her mind but Sana was unable to comprehend anything. Sleep slowly overtook her exhausted body and kept her in a deep slumber till ten in the morning.

The girl woke herself up as she finally digested what happened between the two yesterday. Sana blushed madly while reminiscing what Tzuyu told her before going off to bed.

 

She buried her red face in her hands and loudly exclaimed "OH MY GOD!!! I'M AN IDIOT!!"