One More Try [2/2]

Royal Ice

 

Songs Part Five-B: One More Try

 

 

A few days passed but Tiffany still didn’t receive any word from Taeyeon. She kept asking Taeyeon’s friends and co-workers if she said anything to them but they wouldn’t talk. She was slowly starting to accept that Taeyeon might not want her back. Taeyeon might not want anything to do with her anymore.

 

Everyday she would go to Sooyoung’s bar with no other intention than to look for the girl and possibly stare at her even from afar, but all her efforts were futile, as Taeyeon didn’t even set foot in the bar.

 

Everyday she would send messages to Taeyeon. At times she would send simple message like, ‘Don’t forget to eat’ or ‘Sleep early, Taeyeon-ah’ or ‘Drive carefully,’ but there were also those time when she would send something like, ‘I’m very sorry Taeyeon’ or ‘I meant everything I said that night.’ The other girl of course, didn’t respond to any of those.

 

Today, she found herself wandering around the area of Sooyoung’s bar. She went in and asked for a drink.

 

-

 

“I thought you still love her.”

 

“I do.”

 

“Then why won’t you give her another chance?”

 

“She hurt me.”

 

“And she regrets it.”

 

“Are you saying that I should forget everything she did just because she regrets it?”

 

Yuri shook her head. “No. I’m saying that I think you should forgive her because you still love her and she obviously want to make it up to you. I never said you should forget everything. Forgive but never forget, Taeyeon-ah. Why would you forget something that caused you so much pain? How do you do that exactly? Easy. You don’t.”

 

“What if I say that I’ve already forgiven her but I still don’t know if I could give her another chance?”

 

“Then that’s a good start.”

 

-

 

“Hey, are you still waiting for her?”

 

Tiffany looked to her side. “No. I’ve given up any hope of finding her here. I just wanted a drink.”

 

“Okay. How are you, by the way?”

 

She shrugged. “I’ve been better.”

 

Sunny nodded. “I understand. So what are you going to do now?”

 

“I don’t know. Wait? There’s really nothing much I can do now. I’ve told her my piece. I won’t go away until she tells me that she doesn’t love me anymore.”

 

Sunny sighed.

 

“Sunny, can I ask you something?”

 

“Shoot.”

 

“You told me you wouldn’t help me get her back right?” Sunny nodded. “Then why did you lend me your car that night?”

 

Sunny shrugged. “You suffered enough. I knew Taeyeon wouldn’t take you back right away anyway.”

 

“Right. Thanks anyway.”

 

“No problem. Anyway, I have to go now. Please don’t drink too much okay? See you.”

 

-

 

“Are you going to the bar again?”

 

“Most probably.”

 

“Why don’t you just go to her apartment, Tiff? Instead of going to the bar and waiting for her.”

 

“I’m not going to wait for her. I want to have a drink.”

 

“Of all the bars near your place, why do you have to drive thirty minutes just to to that specific bar?”

 

“Because my friend owns the place?”

 

“Are you trying to convince me or yourself?”

 

She sighed. “Fine. You win.”

 

“Okay, so back to my question. Why don’t you just go to her place?”

“It’s not that easy, you know. She might not even be there.”

 

“Still. You know she won’t be at the bar, so why not go to the place you know she’ll definitely be?”

 

“I’m not listening to you.”

 

“Oh yeah, just because we broke up, you won’t listen to me. I’m trying to help you!”

 

“Whatever. I’m going to the bar now.” She ended the call without waiting for a reply.

 

-

 

Tiffany has been in the bar for more than three hours and there was still no of the person she wanted to see. She was starting to feel dizzy so she rested her head on top of the counter.

 

After a few minutes, she felt someone take a seat beside her. Thinking that it was another customer, she scooted to her left with her head still resting on the table.

 

“You know, you should probably go home. A bar’s no place to sleep.”

 

She immediately looked up at the voice but regretted it the moment she felt her head spin.

 

The person chuckled. “I should probably bring you home since I don’t know where you live now.”

 

She felt herself being carried out the bar. She didn’t say anything and continued to enjoy the feeling of the person’s warmth on her body. She slowly drifted to sleep.

 

She gained consciousness when she felt her back hitting a soft mattress while the other person was busy taking care of her. She urged herself to speak. “Taeyeon-ah.” It came out raspy.

 

“Shh, we’ll talk tomorrow.” She nodded and succumbed to sleep.

 

-

 

Taeyeon was busy cooking breakfast when someone walked in quietly into the kitchen. She turned around and shrieked at the new presence inside the room.

 

“Oh God, what are you doing there? I almost died of shock! Are you a ninja or something?” She held her right hand over her chest where she could feel her erratically beating heart.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, I’m sorry.”

 

She knew the apology wasn’t for startling her. She silently sighed and placed the food she cooked on top of the table. “Eat. You’re probably hungry. I don’t know the cure for hangovers since I’ve never had one, but just eat for now.”

 

“I’m really sorry.”

 

“Please eat first.”

 

They spent half an hour eating in silence. Taeyeon was focused on her food but she knew that Tiffany kept glancing at her from time to time. She chose to ignore it.

 

After breakfast, Taeyeon told Tiffany to go wait in the living room as she washed the dishes. She was buying herself some more time before she would have to face the other girl.

 

She wiped her hands dry and headed towards the living room. She sat on the opposite end of the couch.

 

Tiffany didn’t waste any more time. “Taeyeon, I’m really sorry.”

 

“Give me one good reason why I should accept you again.”

 

“I love you.” Taeyeon was surprised at the sincerity but didn’t show it. She merely nodded.

 

“I-if you can’t accept me again, it’s fine. I completely understand.” There were tears on the corners of her eyes, ready to fall down. “But please forgive me.”

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “I already have.”

 

“You have?” A small smile formed on Tiffany’s face.

 

Taeyeon nodded. “But as for accepting you again…” she trailed off.

 

Tiffany’s smile instantly disappeared. She held her breath, anticipating Taeyeon next words.

 

“If, and I say if, I accept you again, what guarantee do I have that you won’t cheat on me again?”

 

“I’ve learned from my mistake, Taeyeon-ah. I promise I won’t ever do it again. If I do, feel free to leave me.”

 

“You don’t have to tell me that. I will definitely leave you for good.”

 

Tiffany swallowed and nodded. “S-so…?”

 

Taeyeon sighed. She was hurt but she can’t deny the fact that she is still very much in love with the girl in front of her. She must be stupid for doing this but being stupid with Tiffany was better than no Tiffany at all. She moved closer to the other girl and opened her arms. “I’m all yours.” She grinned.

 

Tiffany’s eyes went wide in shock. She was so sure Taeyeon won’t take her back, but here she was, the love of her life, waiting for her to hug her.

 

“Are you just going to stare and leave me hanging here?”

 

Tiffany lunged herself towards Taeyeon and hugged the girl tightly while crying. “Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m very sorry, Taeyeon-ah! I love you!”

 

Taeyeon was enjoying the hug but was slowly finding it hard to breathe as Tiffany kept squeezing her tightly with each sob. “F-fany-ah, I c-can’t b-breathe.”

 

“Oh! Sorry.” Tiffany loosened her hold but still didn’t release Taeyeon. “I’m really sorry, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

Taeyeon soothed her by rubbing her back. “It’s okay now. Stop crying and stop saying sorry.”

 

“I’m just really thankful that you’re giving me another chance.”

 

“You should probably thank Yuri then,” Taeyeon chuckled.

 

Tiffany pulled away from the hug and looked at Taeyeon in the eyes. “She forced you into this?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head and pulled her into another hug. “Of course not. But she told me about what you did to take me back. It didn’t make me want you back, but it surely helped.”

 

Tiffany nodded against Taeyeon shoulder. “So what made you take me back then?”

 

“I love you.”

 

Tiffany unconsciously smiled. “I love you too.”

 

“Please promise me you won’t hurt me again. And to never cheat on me again. I don’t think my heart will be able to recover anymore.”

 

“I promise.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and broke the hug before pulling Tiffany in for a kiss.

 

-

 

“So you two are finally back together, huh?”

 

“Yup!” Taeyeon smiled and intertwined her fingers with Tiffany’s.

 

“It’s nice seeing you smile again, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“When did you come back from Paris, Yoona?”

 

“Just yesterday. I stay over at Yuri’s place last night because my parents couldn’t pick me up.”

 

Tiffany nodded. She then fed Taeyeon a spoon of her ice cream using her free hand. Taeyeon smiled at her as thanks.

 

“I still don’t like their coffee here,” Yuri suddenly said.

 

“That’s how coffee is supposed to taste like, Yuri-ah,” Yoona said.

 

“Yeah, what do you expect it to taste like? Chocolate?” Taeyeon asked as she fed Tiffany with her own ice cream.

 

“Come to think of it, yes. I do expect it to taste like chocolate.”

 

“You’re weird.” Tiffany laughed.

 

“Hey! You still owe me so don’t insult me!”

 

Taeyeon and Yoona giggled while Tiffany just pouted.

 

“Eww. Stop pouting. It’s not cute in any way.” Yuri grimaced then added more spoonfuls of sugar to her already very sweet coffee.

 

“Well I think it’s cute,” Taeyeon said before leaning in to peck Tiffany on the lips. The pout instantly disappeared as a smile replaced it.

 

“That’s because she’s your girlfriend. Duh. I doubt you find Yoona’s pout cute.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “I do find it cute, actually.” She received two sets of harsh slaps to both arms. “Ow!”

 

“What did you say?” Tiffany glared at her while Yuri hugged Yoona from the side possessively.

 

Taeyeon laughed loudly. “Oh come on. She’s my dongsaeng. I find everything she does very cute.”

 

“Oh? Everything?” Yuri smirked as Taeyeon nodded. “Including this?” She leaned in and captured Yoona’s lips with her own. They started making out.

 

“Oh my God! Not that! Baby! Cover your eyes!” Taeyeon quickly covered Tiffany’s eyes with one hand and covered her own with the other.

 

Tiffany chuckled. “Taeyeon-ah, it’s not like we don’t do that.”

 

“Still. I said cover your eyes!!” Taeyeon shouted when she felt Tiffany trying to remove her hand from her eyes.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes. “We’re done now. Anyway, Yoong, let’s order some more cake. Come on.” She pulled Yoona up and headed to the counter.

 

Tiffany looked at her girlfriend who was still covering her eyes. “Baby, you can look now. They’re at the counter.”

 

“Nope. I’m not going to risk it.”

 

Tiffany laughed. “Come on, baby. Seriously, they’re done.”

 

Taeyeon slowly put down her hand, but was still not willing to open her eyes.

 

“Open your eyes, baby,” Tiffany said as she caressed Taeyeon’s cheek with the back of her hand.

 

“Are you really sure it’s safe?”

 

“Yes. Why are you acting like you haven’t seen them kiss before?”

 

“I have and it was very traumatizing. I know how much they like doing that even in front of their friends – so passionately too, might I add – so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still doing it now.”

 

“They’re done. Trust me.”

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes and saw Tiffany smiling at her. She found herself smiling back. “Why are you smiling like that?”

 

“Thanks for giving me another chance.”

 

“You’re welcome.” She leaned forward to kiss Tiffany.

 

They kissed for about a minute or so before someone’s hand pushed Taeyeon face away from Tiffany’s.

 

“Okay, that’s enough. I know you missed doing that but you can continue eating each other’s faces when you get home.”

 

Taeyeon groaned while Tiffany struggled to hide her reddened cheeks.

 

Tiffany gave her girlfriend one last peck before turning to face the other couple.

 

Taeyeon watched her girlfriend converse with them with a smile on her face.

 

I love you, Fany-ah. I’m glad I gave us one more try.

 

 

 

 

-END-