Chapter Nine

BO-GUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

V

Yeonha

 

Unknown number: “Who’s that boy you’re hugging?”

 

I widen my eyes and rub my eyes to see if I’ve read the message correctly. I feel a sudden rush of panic run throughout my whole body and I hold my phone tight until I see my knuckles turn white from the force. I look up from my phone and look around the hospital to see if anyone is watching me. When I see nobody, I furrow my eyebrows and look at my phone again.

 

Me: “Who are you?”

 

I wait for a moment before another message pops up.

 

Unknown number: “Your boyfriend.”

 

I widen my eyes even more. I glance up from my phone and that’s when I see him. He’s right there with a scary glare on his eyes and a creepy smile on his lips. His hands are pale and his phone looks like it’s about to crush from the force. I gasp and drop my phone.

 

I feel something move from below and I look down, only to see Jungkook looking at me worriedly.

 

“Are you okay?” he asks and furrows his eyebrows. When I don’t reply, Jungkook lets go off my body and looks like he’s about to bend down to pick up my phone, but I stop him. I can’t let V see Jungkook. If Jungkook turns around to pick up my phone, V will see his face. And if he sees Jungkook…

 

I forcefully pull Jungkook into my embrace again and whisper against his ear panically, “Don’t move.”

 

All the while, I lock eyes with V. He looks even more mad and I feel myself grabbing onto Jungkook even stronger.

 

I lied to Jungkook, but if I want to keep the last bit of respect, this is the least I could do.

 

“W-what are you doing?” I hear Jungkook stutter. He looks like he’s about to push me off, but I hold onto him tighter.

 

I watch as V takes a step closer to us. I gulp and make sure to cover Jungkook as much as I could.

 

“I’m protecting you so don’t move,” I mutter to Jungkook.

 

V takes another step closer to us and I feel myself shivering in fear from his fierce glare.

 

Before V could move any closer, I move back and look at Jungkook with a serious expression. I grab onto his shoulders and he looks at me confusingly.

 

“There’s a cafeteria upstairs, can you run and buy me a cup of hot chocolate please?” I ask. I don’t know what I’m doing. All I know is that I have to get Jungkook out of this place as soon as possible without letting him see V or without letting V see Jungkook.

 

Jungkook looks at me weirdly.

 

I step to side and pull his arm up forcefully.

 

“Go!” I order him. “Quick!”

 

He looks at me hesitantly before he steps up and runs away from the scene immediately. I turn around and look at his figure until he has completely disappeared out of my sight. I sigh in relief an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter