Sudden Encounter

Enough With 70 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So is it true, Yu Jin noona? Are you married?”

 

My jaw automatically clenched, and so did my fist. I could feel my palm starting to get sweaty, and that showed how nervous I was because of the question. Not to mention the constant stare I received from everyone made me even smaller.

 

“Are you done interrogating her?” The sentence made Bambam leaned back against his seat as he ran his hand down the nape of his neck awkwardly. “Don’t make her feel uncomfortable.”

 

“Sorry,” Bambam replied shortly. His apology came out clear as it reflected in his eyes.

 

I flashed a smile at him. Bambam has always been this kind of person. I knew his question didn’t mean anything but a curious thing between friend. And I knew that sooner or later, they will ask this topic to me because from what I heard, the rumor about my marriage is spreading like wildfire within the people in the company.

 

“Ignore that kid, Yu Jin,” the manager continued. I’m thankful he always comes at the right timing to save me from this kind of situations.

 

“You guys get ready, you have a schedule in one hour,” the manager gave the members one last look and signaling me to follow before walking out the kitchen with I trailed behind.

 

“Thank you,” I said almost in a whisper when we were already in the living room.

 

“Did you see that? That is why I want you to speak to him about this matter,” he gave me a solemn look, his voice barely audible. “You can hide it from everyone, but not s. The longer you guys drag the times, the harder it would be to reveal the truth to them.”

 

I sighed and pursed my lips.

 

“Anyway, I picked up some outfit from the stores. You can pick some for the boys, and Yu Jin, can you do the make-up for the boys as well?” he walked toward the clothes rack he brought and pushed it into the room where I found Jackson playing with the drum last night.

 

“What is this room?” I looked around the room. I didn’t see anything inside last night because I was busy running away from Jackson.

 

“You can work in this room. I’ve already prepared the stuff you’ll need later.”

 

Now that I get a better look at what was inside, this room was more like a make-up room rather than a music studio.

 

“Wait, but why is a drum here?” I raised a brow, noticing the drum that placed in the corner of the room.

 

“Oh, this room is soundproof, that’s why I put it here so the others won’t be disturbed by the noise.” he placed his hands on his hips and smiled proudly. “Initially this room supposed to be a studio, but I’m thinking of you, Yu Jin. I made this room especially for you to do your job. How? Aren’t I so thoughtful?”

 

I snorted into my palm and looked at him in disbelief. “Are you serious?”

 

He nodded his head confidently and was looking proud, but I wasn’t having any of it when I realized who is the one that will sit and play on that drum.

 

“So, Am I now responsible for giving them a make-up as well?” I shot him an incredulous look while hoping he would deny my question. But I realized, why would there be a make-up table if they are not using it?

 

“Well, Uhm, just once in a while, could you?”

 

“What?”

 

“I know it’s not even in our agreement, but hey, just consider it as a method to make your awkward friendship with them better,” he explained his reasoning and gave me as innocent a look as he could muster.

 

I looked at him furiously. How dare he lied to me? First I need to live in their dorm, now he doubling my already tiresome but essential job. Just when I want to open my mouth to protest, I heard the sound of the door cracking open. We both glanced at the door and found Jaebum stepping inside the room.

 

“Where’s my outfit?”

 

“Y-your outfit?” I halted, unable to think what to say as he walked near me. “Wait a minute,” I spun toward the rack and hastily made a mix and match the clothing one with another.

 

“I’ll wait in the car,” was all the manager said before he went out the room leaving me alone with Jaebum. I swear this must have been the most awkward moment I’ve ever been through because I pretended to focus on choosing the clothes when in fact I was aware of a pair of eyes staring at me.

 

After I’ve done bustling myself with the clothing, I turned to Jaebum who surprisingly still staring at me from his seat and show him one plaid flannel shirt that I chose.

 

“I think this flannel is a good fit for you it’s not too baggy. Layer it with over the white shirt to create a casual look.”

 

He reached for the clothes without saying anything and walked to the fitting room on the left that I didn’t see earlier. I could see half of his back broad shoulder as he was changing since the curtain was low and I immediately tore my eyes away awkwardly, putting myself back into the rack clothes.

 

After a few moments, I heard the sound of the curtain pulled open, and I automatically lifted my head. As Jaebum standing in front of the mirror, I noticed something off with his outfit, and that was the khaki sweatpants he wore.

 

“Should I put make-up as well?”

 

His voice made my eyes ran back to him. “I’ll do that for you,” I walked to the make-up table and taking out some of the makeup tools I need from the box.

 

I paused for seconds when I was about to open the moisturizer tube, realizing I couldn’t apply it to his face with my bare hand since well, I was still in the awkward phase so I couldn’t make a direct contact skin, not with him or the other members.

 

“I’ll do it.” Thankfully, he catches the hesitant in my movement as he took the tube from my hand. After he applied the moisturizer, he took the foundation bottle that I choose for his skin color on the table. His hands were almost invisible when he blended it on his face, and I need to hold back my hand from shoving his hand away for how improperly he applied it.

 

“Is it okay?” he turned his face to me, asking for my opinion.

 

Boy, you got to be kidding me. How is that okay for you... was what I supposed to say, but instead, I said, “Oh yeah, it’s okay.”

 

He turned to the mirror again. At least, the turn out wasn’t that bad since he has fair skin to begin, but I couldn’t let him do his work and make it seemed worse than it already is.

 

“But let me fix it a bit,” my words stopping him from doing his work, and I quickly grabbed the sponge and brush and started fixing it gently. It was so awkward when I moved closer to his face, and the fact that his eyes were staring intently at me throughout the activity had made my hands tremble a little.

 

“Yu Jin…”

 

The brush that I hold was almost slipped from my hand when I heard he spoke my name.

 

There was a brief pause or could I say it hesitation in his speech as if he contemplated his next words. “What happened with your previous job?”

 

I blinked three times faster after hearing his question. Should I spill the truth that I got fired or say I volunteered to quit the job for a new career opportunity?

 

“I got fired after one month,” I answered quietly, trying hard to appear indifferent by focusing myself fixing the makeup on his face.

 

“Is that so?” he aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter