Stockholm

Good Girls and Bad Boys

Chapter One: Stockholm 

A/N:
God mórgon: Good Morning

Trévligt att rå´kas/trä´ffas: Pleased to meet you


Chu Ga Eul finished reviewing a chapter of her Child Development book in her room. Ga Eul was in college now, at the local university, studying Early Childhood Education. Her best friend, Geum Jan Di, was studying medicine at Shinwha University.

Ga Eul placed the textbook on her lap, released a yawn she'd been holding back, and stretched out her slender arms. She had an exam the next day on the stages of childhood development. It was her first exam, and she needed to do well, but she found herself becoming distracted... Her cheeks warmed, as she thought of the object of her distraction, So Yi Jeong. Handsome, charming, amazing So Yi Jeong…


Over summer break, Ga Eul and Yi Jeong began a whirlwind romance, prior to him leaving for Stockholm. They went on a date shortly after his words to her at the kiln—not one for seeking vengeance nor for pushing her away from him—but a real date. And it had been incredible…

Yi Jeong took Ga Eul to dinner, and then they walked along the beach at sunset. They laughed together, playfully chased each other around, and talked of many things. And at the end of the evening, he kissed her on the sandy shore.

When Yi Jeong leaned toward her, Ga Eul's chest began to heave. She stared at him with wide eyes for a second, and then her eyes fluttered shut and she held her breath. This time, there were no interruptions. And when his soft lips touched hers, Ga Eul felt like she was flying…

The kiss…had been indescribable for Ga Eul, and she could not even put into words the sensations that surged through her body like shooting stars.


Ga Eul believed there were many types of love. She had been in love before, or at least she thought she had, but this feeling now was like none other. This love was wild, intense, untamed, and the fact that it was with a man like So Yi Jeong made it all the more so.

Yi Jeong hadn't attempted to progress their relationship too quickly, which surprised Ga Eul a bit, given his Casanova reputation. He had actually been quite the gentleman with her. Ga Eul was embarrassed to think that it was she who felt out of control inside. And on more than one occasion she had felt herself becoming engulfed by a passionate inferno that burned hotter than the fires of the kiln.

Ga Eul never knew such powerful feelings could exist for someone. And those feelings were only intensified by the fact that she knew he was going to be away from her for 4 long years, a time that seemed interminable to Ga Eul.


Their dates had been fun and sweet. He'd taken her to a carnival, to an art museum, and for walks along the Han River. He would not hesitate to touch her, but it was very innocent. He would hold her hand, put his arm around her, and they would occasionally share a hug or a kiss. Ga Eul had to admit that there were times when she longed to take things a bit further, but she was a good, respectable girl, so she was able to temper that. And Yi Jeong knew all too well that Ga Eul was a good girl, so he remained sweet and respectful with her.

Yi Jeong and Ga Eul's summer together had been magical and blissful, and Ga Eul had cherished every single moment of it. It had been so wonderful, in fact, that Ga Eul almost didn't mind the looks of envy and disgust that she often got from women while with Yi Jeong. And even if nothing ever became of them—though her heart would be crushed into a million pieces—that summer alone would have been worth it all…


Yi Jeong had gone to Stockholm, Sweden to pursue a degree in Fine Arts with a specialization in Ceramics. He was also going there to immerse himself in the cultural hub, as well as to pursue contacts with a prestigious museum there where he would be displaying some of his work.

Yi Jeong had informed Ga Eul of his arrival in Stockholm through messaging, but he'd had a lot to do and needed to settle in and meet some very important people. Although, he promised they would talk soon. Yi Jeong had ensured he would keep in touch with Ga Eul, and her heart eagerly awaited this.


It seemed so unfair to Ga Eul—and she felt a bit cheated—that Yi Jeong was ripped away from her just as they were beginning something. At least she thought they were beginning something, but he hadn't asked her to officially be his girlfriend or made any promises to her, aside from his vow to return and look for her first.

Ga Eul had to admit that she had very, very briefly considered asking him not to go. But she immediately dismissed it as a ridiculous, selfish notion, one that she could never—in a million years—go through with. Ga Eul was not a selfish person, and she felt guilty for such thoughts. It seemed so possessive. Yi Jeong had an incredible opportunity before him, and she only wanted the best for him. And she would never, ever ask him to forego that and stay for her, even if she had the right to do so, which she didn't. She simply reminded herself that she needed to be strong, like her best friend. After all, Jan Di was going through a similar situation right now. However, Jun Pyo and Jan Di were much more established than Yi Jeong and her.


Ga Eul thought of her parting with Yi Jeong at the airport. He had said his goodbyes beforehand to F2 and Jan Di, so it was just the two of them.

There weren't any long goodbyes, but they did talk for hours the night before his flight. Neither of them brought up the subject of their relationship status, though.

Before entering security, Yi Jeong gently took both of Ga Eul's small hands in his larger, skilled ones, causing her cheeks to flush a lovely shade of pink. Since the first time she held them, Ga Eul had always been amazed by how surprisingly soft Yi Jeong's hands were, for an artist who worked with them daily and for hours upon end.

Yi Jeong revealed that utterly perfect and knee-weakening smile of his and leaned forward. She instinctively closed her eyes, and he placed a sweet kiss upon the middle of her forehead. Then, he said goodbye, wished her well, and told her that he would be talking to her very soon.

The whole summer Ga Eul had been soaring, but when Yi Jeong bid her goodbye, she suddenly felt as though she was dropping out of the sky from an incredible height. As he walked away, her heart hit the ground with a painful thud.

After he left, Ga Eul cried. She felt like a blubbering idiot, crying like a child over a man who may or may not even be her boyfriend. She was glad that she had not taken Jan Di and Ji Hoo up on their offer to take her to the airport. She didn't want anyone she knew to see her this way. It was bad enough that she was once again crying in public, though no one seemed to care or even notice. She quickly wiped away the tears and exited the terminal.


Ga Eul simply tried to comfort herself with thoughts of him, and she held onto the memories, each one like a personal embrace for easing her loneliness.

Ga Eul was caught up in her dream world when her phone suddenly rang. She looked at the caller ID. "Yoboseyo," she spoke into her cell phone.

A loud female voice boomed on the other end, and Ga Eul instinctively smiled at hearing the familiar voice of her best friend, "Hello, Jan Di-yah."

"Ga Eul, how are you doing?! What are you up to?" Jan Di asked from the other end.

"I was just studying. What about you?" Ga Eul replied in a softer tone.

"I just finished studying at the library with Ji Hoo Sunbae. I'm home now, making a late dinner for Ji Hoo Sunbae and Grandfather."

Jan Di had said home. "You're still living with Ji Hoo Sunbae, right?" Ga Eul asked.

"Yes, there was a campus housing shortage and my parents rented out our place, so… It's only temporary!" Jan Di added.

Ga Eul chuckled, "You always say that, but you always end up back there somehow," her tone had a hint of ironic amusement to it.

Jan Di scoffed. "Psshh, well I guess you have a point."

"What does Jun Pyo think of it?"

"He seems fine with it. Though, he did try to buy me a place…," Jan Di trailed off, "Can't believe he was dumb enough to think that was going to work…"

"Well, he is persistent. You seem pretty comfortable at Ji Hoo's place…," Ga Eul slyly commented.


Ga Eul recalled the last time she was over there at Ji Hoo's place, studying with Jan Di in the living room. Ji Hoo had been hanging out with them in the same room, minding his own business and reading.

While they were studying, Jan Di glanced over and noticed that Ji Hoo had fallen asleep in his chair, still holding his book. Jan Di smiled tenderly over at him. "This happens a lot," she whispered to Ga Eul.

"Is it safe to talk?" Ga Eul asked. They had refrained from any girl talk while Ji Hoo was in the room.

"Hm, I don't know…he has very good hearing… Strangely, he can sleep through anything, but he can also be a light sleeper at times… And sometimes I think he's asleep, but he's really not."

It was a bit odd that Jan Di knew so much about Ji Hoo's sleeping habits, but then again, Ga Eul wasn't really all that surprised.

Jan Di went to Ji Hoo and waved a hand in front of his face. Then she poked him in the arm, but he didn't budge. Just to confirm, Jan Di decided to say something outrageous to test if he was awake.

"Sunbae…I was thinking of getting a tattoo; what do you think?"

There was a momentary silence, and Jan Di turned back to Ga Eul, giving her a thumbs-up. Then, Ji Hoo suddenly spoke, his eyes still closed, "Where will you be getting this tattoo of yours, and what will it be of?"

Jan Di snapped her head back to Ji Hoo, and he slowly opened his eyes. She gaped and gave him a light shove. "Ya! Did you just wake up?!" Jan Di exclaimed, and Ji Hoo grinned at her.

"Sunbae, you drifted off again… Go get in bed!" Jan Di demanded.

Ji Hoo didn't move from his seat right away, so Jan Di nudged him. Ji Hoo stretched and ultra-slowly rose. Ga Eul had the feeling he was purposely lingering to tease Jan Di. "Alright, but Ga Eul doesn't need a ride home, does she?" he asked.

"No, gomawo, Ji Hoo Sunbae," Ga Eul said.

Ji Hoo began to slowly head off. When he didn't move quickly enough for her, Jan Di began shoving Ji Hoo toward his room. He grinned at her over his shoulder, "You don't have to push, Otter. I'll go."

Jan Di released Ji Hoo, and he turned to her. Ji Hoo nodded over at Ga Eul and bid her goodnight. Then, he said goodnight to Jan Di, lightly running his hand down her arm before heading sleepily off to bed. Ga Eul smirked at the playful interaction, almost surprised Ji Hoo hadn't attempted to kiss Jan Di goodnight.


Ga Eul had observed that Ji Hoo and Jan Di had an interesting little relationship. It was comfortable and sweet, and they seemed to enjoy being with each other so much. It almost reminded Ga Eul of a married couple. She had teased Jan Di thus before, and Jan Di had turned bright red and fiercely defended herself before Ga Eul informed her that she was only joking.

But, sometimes Ga Eul did have to remind herself that Jan Di was dating Jun Pyo and not Ji Hoo. Although Jan Di and Ji Hoo weren't loving as a couple would be exactly, they showed plenty of affection for one another. And Ji Hoo and Jan Di seemed to make each other really happy.


"You should just live with Ji Hoo Sunbae until you get married," Ga Eul smirked over the phone.

"Ahh, no, don't be silly! I couldn't do that… That could be awhile, and I don't want to be an imposition any longer than I need to."

Ga Eul shook her head. "I'm sure you're not. And I'm sure Ji Hoo Sunbae doesn't mind having you there. He would walk through fire for you..."

Jan Di puffed out her cheeks on the other end, "I don't know about that Ga Eul..."

"I do," she assured, "Jun Pyo, too, of course... You're a lucky girl, Jan Di-yah."

"What about you, Ga Eul? You have Yi Jeong Sunbae! You're lucky, too…"

Ga Eul smiled faintly and grew silent. When she didn't respond, Jan Di said her name. "Ga Eul, what's wrong?" Jan Di demanded.

"Oh, nothing…I just…don't really know where Yi Jeong Sunbae and I stand."

"Didn't he say he would come to see you first when he got back?"

"Yes, he did, but…what does that mean exactly?"

"Well, it sounds like he will be waiting for you and that he'll want to be with you when he returns," Jan Di replied, "And you two dated over the summer, right?"

Ga Eul laid back on her bed, holding the phone in one hand. She raised her lovely chocolate eyes to the ceiling.

"Yes, but he's so far away…" 7,247 km to be precise, Ga Eul was embarrassed to admit that she knew that, "And 4 years is a long time…," Ga Eul's lips parted, immediately realizing her error. After all, Jun Pyo would also be gone—in the United States—for 4 years.

"Mianhae, Jan Di-yah! That's really not that long in the grand scheme of life!"

Jan Di smiled on the other end, "I know, Ga Eul. I didn't think anything of it. Don't worry about me. I have plenty to keep me busy, and I have you and Ji Hoo Sunbae to keep me company, so I won't be lonely. But what about you? Are you really lonely for him?"

Ga Eul smiled. "I'm OK, Jan Di-yah. I am very busy, too, and I have you!"

Jan Di smiled, "Well, just don't you work too hard!" she ordered.

"Me? What about you? You're the one studying to become a doctor!"

Jan Di chuckled, "Yeah, it's hard."

Ga Eul paused for a moment before continuing, "I don't even really know how strongly Yi Jeong Sunbae feels for me… What if he changes his mind or falls for someone else during that time…?"

Ga Eul suddenly worried she had misspoken again, "But Jun Pyo would never look at another woman, of course!"

Jan Di smiled faintly, "I know, Ga Eul."

"…There must be many beautiful women in Sweden, though," Ga Eul mused. In fact, she'd done a little bit of research on Sweden after finding out that Yi Jeong was going—she'd wanted to be able to talk to him about the place—and she'd read that Swedish women were deemed among the most beautiful in the world. Ga Eul released a heavy sigh.

"Ga Eul," Jan Di spoke in her super-serious voice, "Yi Jeong Sunbae really seems to like you, and he's not a Casanova anymore..." Jan Di was doing her best to be reassuring, but she had to admit that she had her own doubts about Yi Jeong's loyalty. "Maybe you should just talk to him about where you two stand… Did he say anything about it when you went to the airport with him?"

"No, but I think perhaps it is too early for that conversation," Ga Eul said somberly.

"Of course it's not! It's something you need to know! Especially since he's so far away…"

Ga Eul pursed her lips and considered this.


The morning of his arrival in Stockholm, Yi Jeong sat in the back of a jet black Koenigsegg car and gazed out upon the city of Stockholm. Cultural, trendy, beautiful Stockholm; it was right up his alley. It was the perfect mix of modern and old-world, with no shortage of culture or nightlife. Stockholm had it all, except for one very important thing—a lovely girl by the name of Chu Ga Eul…

As the car passed by the harbor of the Baltic Sea, Yi Jeong imagined that Ga Eul would be in love with this city. She would probably take a million pictures were she here. Yi Jeong smiled to himself, as he pictured Ga Eul's face lighting up and her pulling out her camera phone.


Yi Jeong's car pulled up in front of the museum, which was housed in a well-maintained 13th century Scandinavian structure. Stockholm was one museum after another—some considered the city itself one large museum—but this was the largest and most prestigious of the museums. So Yi Jeong had a meeting with the owner of the museum, a man by the name of Isak Andersson, about displaying some of his pottery there. Isak Andersson was a very wealthy man—his wealth even exceeded Yi Jeong's own—and he was also a great patron of the arts and philanthropist in Stockholm. In fact, the entire Andersson family—large, wealthy, and prominent—was much like the So family of Stockholm.

Yi Jeong's personal driver opened his car door, and Yi Jeong stepped out onto the cobblestone street in a dark gray designer suit. Yi Jeong gazed upon the building before being led inside. As he entered, Yi Jeong noticed practically everyone staring. It wasn't uncommon for Yi Jeong to receive stares—usually from women—but now, everyone seemed to have their eyes upon him. Apparently, the Swedes were very curious about So Yi Jeong.


Yi Jeong was led into a large office of incredible design, with a stunning panoramic view of the city. An assistant introduced Yi Jeong to Isak Andersson, a man in his mid-50s, with whitish-blonde hair, a beard, and dressed in the latest designer fashion. His sense of style rivaled Jun Pyo's.

"Ah, Mr. So, welcome," Mr. Andersson greeted Yi Jeong in English, as he rose from his huge antique desk and shot a hand out to Yi Jeong. Yi Jeong politely greeted back and gripped his hand in a firm handshake.

"Please, have a seat," Mr. Andersson directed Yi Jeong to a plush red leather chair, "Nice suit," he commented. Yi Jeong thanked him and gave a short bow.

The two men began discussing the museum, its various collections, and Yi Jeong's work. Then, Mr. Andersson diverged into talking about his daughter.

They were interrupted by a knock at the door. "Come in," Mr. Andersson called.


A slender, attractive woman entered the room and approached Mr. Andersson. She appeared to be approximately 23 years of age, tall, blonde, and leggy. Her pale golden hair was tied back in an elegant bun, and she wore a powder blue skirt suit.

Yi Jeong politely stood at her entrance.

"Ah, here is my daughter now, Mr. So."

Mr. Andersson greeted his daughter in Swedish, and she kissed him on the cheek. Then, she turned to Yi Jeong, offering a dainty hand, which Yi Jeong noticed possessed a few callouses.

"God mórgon!" the woman greeted.

"I present my daughter, Elise Andersson."

"Trévligt att rå´kas/trä´ffas!" Elise greeted in Swedish then pardoned herself and began speaking English, as she was not fluent in Korean. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. So."

Yi Jeong returned the sentiment. Her hand remained extended so, out of decorum, Yi Jeong placed a kiss upon it. She smiled faintly and looked upon him with eyes that matched the sky on a cloudless day.

"She is a potter like you, Mr. So," Mr. Andersson interjected, "Perhaps you are familiar with her work?" He proceeded to detail his daughter's accomplishments. Elise gave a short chuckle and insisted her father was being too kind. Apparently, she worked in many different art media and was an art history major at the local university, the university Yi Jeong would also be attending.

Yi Jeong nodded, "Yes, sir, I am familiar with her work," Yi Jeong turned back to the young woman, "You are very talented, Ms. Andersson."

"You are too kind, Mr. So," Ms. Andersson replied, "And I must say, the rumors of your good looks do not do you justice." Despite the bold compliment, Elise kept a straight face and maintained her composure.

"Elise…," Mr. Andersson warned her for her lack of propriety.

Elise glanced to her father and then back to Yi Jeong. "My apologies, Mr. So," she bowed to him.

Yi Jeong gave her a polite smile. "No need to apologize, Ms. Andersson. Thank you. You are also too kind."

"Mr. So, I believe you and my daughter have a lot in common, and I'm sure you will get along," Mr. Andersson turned to his daughter, "Elise, my dear, perhaps you could show Mr. So here around Stockholm."

"Oh, that won't be necessary…," Yi Jeong began, deeply bowing in gratitude for the offer.

"I insist, Mr. So. I would also very much like it if you would my daughter to the museum benefit next Saturday. Could you do me this favor?"

Yi Jeong politely nodded and agreed.


After his meeting and taking care of some matters regarding school, Yi Jeong returned to his penthouse to get settled in before dinner. The penthouse was 200 square meters, with four rooms painted the color of fluffy clouds. The furnished penthouse possessed a large living and dining room area, complete with fireplace and bar, as well as a private lift and rooftop terrace. It was much smaller than Yi Jeong's estate back in Korea, but it would do for his stay here.

Yi Jeong exhaled, as he took a load off on the cushy sofa, and he pulled out his phone.


Ga Eul had just laid down for the night when she noticed her phone buzzing on the bedside table. She drowsily picked it up and greeted the person on the other end without checking the caller ID.

Ga Eul bolted upright at the sound of the gentle, harmonious voice on the other end, a voice that always made her heart skip a beat.

"Yi Jeong Sunbae!" she exclaimed.

Yi Jeong instinctively grinned, immensely enjoying her cute surprise. "Did I catch you off-guard, Ga Eul? Is this a bad time?" Yi Jeong teased.

"N-no, it's a perfect time!" Ga Eul stammered. "I just wasn't expecting to hear from you so soon," her lips curved into a wide smile.

Yi Jeong chuckled, "You are doing well?" he asked.

"Yes, and you?"

"Yes," he replied simply. But, I miss you…, he thought.

Ga Eul considered telling him she missed him, but she did not want to be too forward. Instead, she asked him about his day.

Yi Jeong proceeded to detail his day thus far, telling her about the school he would be attending and his meeting at the museum, though leaving out the part about Elise Andersson and her father's request of him.

"I thought of you today…," Yi Jeong said sweetly, "…The city is beautiful. I think you would love it here."

Ga Eul's eyes twinkled at the notion of Yi Jeong thinking of her. She had been smiling the entire time on the phone with him; she smiled even wider now, if that was even possible.

You are entirely too charming for your own good, So Yi Jeong… How did he do it? How did such a simple statement make her heart beat like mad?

Ga Eul bit her lip lightly. "I wish I could see it."

Yi Jeong revealed his own brilliant smile on the other end. He wished she could, too.

Ga Eul considered following Jan Di's advice and talking with Yi Jeong about their relationship status, but she chickened out. Ga Eul and Yi Jeong talked for another hour, about superficial things like school and his place, until Ga Eul reluctantly informed him that she needed to go to bed. She would have gladly risked losing sleep to talk to him, if not for her exam the next day. But she needed to be responsible. She couldn't be late and miss her first exam or do poorly.

Yi Jeong wished Ga Eul good luck on her exam and bid her goodnight, and she too wished him well and bid him to enjoy the rest of his evening. They both hesitated, neither one wanting to hang up first, but finally they agreed to do so at the same time.

Ga Eul finally hung up the phone. She released a dreamy sigh before snuggling in and clutching her pillow tight.


Two Weeks Later…

Ji Hoo and Woo Bin sat together in Ji Hoo's living room, chatting and having tea. Suddenly, Jan Di stormed in, shouting in a desperate, infuriated tone, "Sunbae!"

Fearing something terrible had happened to her, Ji Hoo rushed to Jan Di. She had a magazine clenched in her hand. "Jan Di, what's wrong?"

"That…that…So Yi Jeong, ahhh!"

Ji Hoo reached out for Jan Di, but she rushed past him, growling in exasperation. Jan Di stood before Woo Bin now, who was still seated, with Ji Hoo by her side.

Woo Bin looked up at Jan Di curiously, "What about Yi Jeong, Jan Di?" he asked. She simply held out the magazine to him. He took it, and she clenched her fists hard at her side, silently fuming.

Woo Bin took a look at the magazine, which was opened to an article about the Swedish potter, painter, and all-around artist, Elise Andersson. Above the article was a picture of Elise.

Ji Hoo bid Jan Di sit, but she refused, so he returned, with a sigh, to his place beside Woo Bin.

Woo Bin's eyes went wide, and he exclaimed, "Whoa, baby!" upon seeing the picture of the Swedish darling. Woo Bin took a long, hard look and then passed the magazine to Ji Hoo.

Ji Hoo shrugged, appearing unimpressed. He glanced to Jan Di, who was glaring daggers at Woo Bin, and then he began skimming through the article. In the article were pictures of Yi Jeong accompanying Ms. Andersson to a benefit and around Stockholm, and apparently there were rumors linking them as a couple.

"So that's the girl Yi Jeong has been escorting around…," Woo Bin whistled.

"Sunbae!" Jan Di exclaimed in a high-pitched, desperate whine. Ji Hoo looked to Jan Di and elbowed Woo Bin lightly in the ribs. Woo Bin rubbed his side.

Jan Di huffed and quickly rushed over to snatch the magazine away, "Let me see that again!" Jan Di began pacing, as she scanned through the article, mumbling something about killing Yi Jeong.

"Jan Di-yah, don't worry so much…," Ji Hoo called to her across the room, "I'm sure Yi Jeong has a good reason for spending time with her. I'm sure it's just business." Woo Bin nodded in agreement.

"Business…business, right…," Jan Di released her breath and glanced at the picture again. She returned to stand before Ji Hoo and Woo Bin on the couch.

"…She's really not so beautiful, is she Sunbae?" Jan Di looked to Ji Hoo with sad, doe-eyes.

Woo Bin folded his arms and grinned over at Ji Hoo, curious for his response. Ji Hoo rolled his eyes at Woo Bin's smug expression.

Then, Ji Hoo stood and placed his hands upon Jan Di's upper arms, looking down into her eyes. "No, she's not so beautiful, Jan Di-yah," he replied.

Woo Bin smirked.

"In fact, I don't think Yi Jeong even cares for blondes," Ji Hoo added, lightly running his hands up and down Jan Di's arms.

"Right, Woo Bin?" Ji Hoo gave Woo Bin an urgent look.

"Oh, ye, that's right, Geum Jan Di. Yi Jeong doesn't really like blondes."

Jan Di was only momentarily appeased. She pulled away from Ji Hoo with a flail of the arms, and she began pacing across the room. "Oh, I hope Ga Eul didn't see this and get upset!"

Jan Di continued to power-walk the room. Ji Hoo sighed and approached Woo Bin, who was staring at him and grinning.

"What?" Ji Hoo asked in a low voice. "What?" Ji Hoo repeated in annoyance when Woo Bin just kept grinning at him.

"She's not so beautiful…?" Woo Bin questioned, raising a brow.

Ji Hoo shrugged again. "She's OK, just not my type," he said.

"Mmhm…," Woo Bin taunted. I know who your type is, Ji Hoo-yah...

Then, Woo Bin called out to Jan Di. "Yo, don't worry, Geum Jan Di! I was only joking… I'm sure it was just an obligation."

Jan Di paused to consider this once more but then continued her anxious pacing. Ji Hoo sighed and went to her. He took the dreaded magazine away from her, dropped it to the floor, and captured her in his arms.

Ji Hoo held Jan Di against his chest, ignoring the look Woo Bin gave him. "Shh, Jan Di-yah, it's OK," he whispered against her hair. Her body was taut and her small hands were balled into tight fists against his chest. Jan Di trembled lightly with rage, while muttering death threats to So Yi Jeong if he hurt Ga Eul.

Jan Di's tension slowly began to fade as Ji Hoo held her in his embrace. Somehow, he always had a soothing effect upon her. When she eventually calmed, Ji Hoo pulled Jan Di back, holding her shoulders and looking into her eyes, "Otter, before you do anything drastic," Ji Hoo joked, "…let me talk to Yi Jeong."

Then, Ji Hoo grew serious, "I'm sure it's not what it looks like, and if it is…I'll personally help you kill him."

Jan Di heaved a sigh and nodded. She informed them that she was going to check in on Ga Eul.