Chapter 1

The Dream

This morning, in the second and half week of my 'dream-come-true' trip, after taking a shower to make myself awake because working on a report and a paper at the same time gives you nothing but sleepless nights and this was the one of them. And I need to stay awake. So after a cold shower in this lovely summer morning in Seoul, I back my work on paper. 

‘...And 90% of patience’s gives positive responses to the treatment.’

I type on my computer and with that my phone started to ring.

“Yes.”

“Yah! Nan odinya? Jibiya? Balli I need you!”

“Yah! You should speak English to me, not Korean!”

“I’m in a hurry now! I need someone, I can’t think which language to speak!”

“What happened? Is it something urgent? Need some help?”

“Yes, yes! Please, can you come to help me?”

“Where I need to come?”

“bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla… wait I send you the location and put that pink wig on your head too.”

“What? Why?”

“Don’t question me, just do as you told!”

After this stupid conversation I just put that stupid pink wig on my head, take my keys, wallet and phone than just do as me told.

About ten or fifteen minutes of walking, no it was running actually, I arrived where I need to came. 

“Yah! Where are you I’m in front of that building you send me the location.”

“Get in that stupid building I’m busy!”

“Don’t yell at me you kijibe!”

“Wow now YOU speak Korean?”

“No. This one just an idiom… And which floor I supposed to be going?”

“3rd floor. Don’t use elevator. I can’t get you out there if you stuck inside.”

“Wow you work on great places than(!). Thank god it’s not that high that I don’t need to use elevator. I’m pitying who work in the 7th floor. And which way I need to go right now cuz I’m on the third floor and there is a hallway which has lots of doors?”

“Yes come to me baby! Pass the glass door and the second door on the right. Get in there. I’m coming now.”

“Yea I’m hangi-” and she hang it on my face.. Great!


I was going the room she told me when I hit a stranger.
“Sorry” I say with a slight bow. I don’t look who I was hit, I just wanna meet that girl and roast her. But I heard something Korean and don’t get it because both I don’t listen and don’t understand the language.
So I look at the person that I hit and wanna say something to me to say I’m not a Korean but a foreign. 
“Sorry, I really don’t understand Korean.” No actually I understand it a bit.. ‘Cuz you know in two weeks a lot can happen and I already listened Korean music and watched their dramas before I came here. So I do understand but now I don’t want to.
“Ou! A foreign? What are you looking for than?” he said with unexpectedly good accent that I almost mistaken him as a foreign if I don’t see his talking.
When I try to answer, the reason talks or more like yell.
“Yah! Where have you been! I’ve been waiting for you like hours here. Why are you standing here still! COME HERE!!”
I turn to him point with my head the yelling reason why I came and shrug. And I run to my reason to roast her. 

“Why are you yelling in your workplace like that? And what’s with that stupid pink wig on my head? I don’t know why I’m listen you.”

“Wait I need to fix this wig. And why do you came with your sweat suit?”

“You know I don’t sleep all night and for being awake I took a shower. You said you are in a hurry and need help, I don’t change and came here with my wet hair and my house dress.”

“You don’t even look at the mirror, don’t you?”

“Nope, not at all.” I reply with a smile. She frown at me but I don’t care cuz right now I love to annoy her.

“Yes, I need you here. You help me out all my works. In the end you are an assistant, don’t you?” she said with a smile and we change the jobs. This time I am the one who frowns.

“Hey! I AM NOT JUST AN. ASISTANT. I. AM. A. SCIENTIST!”

“Hey hey hey. Easy boy, easy. We are in a workplace, remember? Now be quiet, and follow me.”

And I do as what I told, again.