The Beginning

The Dream

I don’t know where to start to this story but... 


Let's begin! 

I was on a plane going to Korea.

For a project of course. 

I am a scientist, for being more specific I am a biologist who works on drugs and diseases. I was going Korea for one month project. Actually I was going to finish my paper with this project and become a doctor. I was travel to my dreams, my purpose of life that promise me to has my own lab and assistants I can give orders… So it was my “dreams-come-true” moment. I already found myself a place to stay because I was an assistant, who wasn’t supposed to come but ended up coming so finish her paper. Sooo… They don’t have room for me, they buy my tickets but not the place I was going to stay. 

So I found myself one. 

A cheap one. 

I found it online, I was looking at the ads to find somewhere cheap and find a girl who is looking for international friends to share her apartment. We talk like two weeks and in the end I decided to stay in her home. I told her when I come so she can greet me at the airport. 

I was so excited when I lend, finally my dreams will come true!! I took my luggage and went to find the girl I’ve been talking since two weeks. Found her on the place where people wait their guest with a banner on their hands, which had names on them with my name written in Hangul and wrong spelling. 

“I guess I told you not to write my name in Hangul but in Latin alphabet?” I told. 

“Yea yea I know but you know I’m too lazy to use English letters. I’m also too lazy to speak English and this is why I’m looking for international roommates, to make me speak English or I never make it.” 

“Let’s go then!”

“Hey, where is your bags?” 

“This IS my bag!” I told her pointing my bag with my head. 

“And that’s it? Really? I mean jeongmalyo? Wae? Just one bag, and that’s ALL?!” 

“You know I came here for business and I see I won’t even time to think about what to wear.” 

After a little silence with walking I spoke again. 
“But. Of course I take a plus bag with me. An empty one.” 

With hearing that she was start to dance in her place and make me laugh. 

“I’m not promising anything yet. I just want to be prepared however I still don’t think I’ll be able to go shopping.” I said with a pout on my lips. But she doesn’t seem to care at all. 

After taking bus and she telling me how to go where, which today still confuses me, we arrived the home.