I.

Percy Jackson should've warned me about this
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cabin of the Ares kids is running laps around the forest. It's a common practice for them, since their older brother installed that practice. The big guy wanted for his cabin to be the best, and only the best were kids from Ares. He kept nagging his younger siblings to exercise very diligently and eat only healthy things. He would measure muscles and weights regularly, and when someone put on a few pounds, poor soul, he or she would be receiving the nag of the Devil. He was really strict on his principles, so it was rare for the cabin to get out of control. 

 

"C'mon, bunch of little girls, faster! Even the turtles can walk faster that your jog. Jennie, your posture, i hate that you always hunch your shoulders. Taehyung, you legs look like wooden sticks" Siwon keep nagging, even if he was already like twenty eight, he keep living with them as a mentor. 

 

Jennie held her tongue, to avoid receiving the wrath of the Devil. She was dead tired, but her brother never found excuses annoying. Her shirt was soaked in sweat, already stuck to her skin, sweat raining down her forehead, she blinked, the sweat entering her eyes and making her vision to blurry. 

 

Siwon whistled, and everyone halted to stop. A breath. Finally. He took off his shirt, and cleaned his face with a hand. Broad chest and shoulders, a complete six pack, big biceps were something that Jennie admired. His brother was really in good shape, the perfect soldier. Maybe Jennie can be like that some day.

 

"Why my father had to be Ares and not Apollo, please someone explain that to me?" Taehyung complained, while collapsing to the ground. He was on the verge of dying from exhaustion, and from experience this is only the tip of the iceberg. Or the hell that Siwon calls "Special Training". "They usually sit down Next to the fire and recite poems" 

 

Jennie took a big gulp of water, her dry throat feeling fresh. She sat down next to her favorite brother, and hear his complains, while wishing for Siwon to be distracted enough to not listen to them.

 

"Guys, I am dissatisfied at this" Siwon began with a shake of his black hair "you are weak. I expected more energy, I expected a faster pace, not a bunch of grandparents collapsing as if they are having a heart attack" he searched for a victim, and lucky Jennie it wasn't her. "Hirai Momo, I want two hundred push ups, now" 

 

"Yes, sir"

 

"Jennie Kim, two hundred crunches"

 

"Kill me, dad"

 

"How about three hundred?"

 

"Yes, sir" 

 

Siwon smirked evilly as Taehyung ended up running a couple of laps more. Jennie felt her stomach on fire, and wanted to puke from the effort, but at least Siwon smiled at her. It means that maybe she is off for the day, or maybe not.

 

"Guys, that was almost okay. A son or daughter of our beloved father always has to be ready to fight" He clapped, and with his head signaled to the arena "now it's time to practice with the swords" 

 

A couple of protests followed that statement. Siwon glared at the group.

 

"Who wants to run more laps?"

 

Everyone pretty much fell silent.

 

They walked like a troop towards the arena. Siwon was the first one, and everyone acted like real soldiers, even singing an old song, that Siwon knows from when he was enrolled  at military school. Jennie could feel her legs trembling and her stomach hurt as if it was on fire. 

 

The arena was pretty much owned by the Ares cabin. Every day, without skipping, they went to the arena to train with swords and every weapon in the arsenal. And every day without skipping the costume, there is one or two kids from Aphrodite cabin making the warrior kids losing their minds over them. 

 

Momo, who was the first idiot to notice the girls on the benches, hissed in panic.

 

"Aphrodite children" and yeah, Jennie stared as her brothers and sisters panicked over the beauties. Maybe it's a curse or maybe is in their genes but every single an Ares kid encounters them, the ares kid becomes a haunted idiot. Mostly everyone in the cabin, except Siwon and Jennie. They are the only children of Ares immune to that disease. 

 

Siwon became he isn't probably human. All the torture he suffered through the military school messed up his brain. 

 

And Jennie, maybe it's because she grew up being the neighbor of one of the Aphrodite daughters,  and knowing the clumsy girl, and spending so much time beside her, the intense desire subdued with time, and now, she doesn't have even a little spark. 

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, as Siwon began to bark more orders. Too bad the kids were long gone, mostly checking on mirrors their appearance, and things like that. Momo quickly took off her shirt,  and popped up her abs, Taehyung thought of this as an good idea, and did it too. Soon enough, everyone was following the ridiculous act and undressed themselves, maybe with the hopes of seducing those sparkling and spoiled brats. 

 

Siwon clapped at the performance, not knowing the real cause of that.

 

"It seems that you got your energies renewed. Let's battle, kids" 

 

He jogged to where the swords were guarded, and took a few with him. Whilst, Jennie spied on the girls. The usual ones, Nayeon, the Korean kid with bunny teeth and an ability to go from cute to y in matter of blinks, Jieqiong, the Chinese daughter with an amazing face and the ability to seduce even the strongest heart, and lastly, the goddess one, and maybe the successor of Aphrodite herself, Irene, who even changed her nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter