Kiwoon for wsp0905

Epilogue

Requested by wsp0905
Prompt: Kikwang is a insecure father and Dongwoon is there to remind him that he's a better father and person than he thinks he is
 



 

Kikwang piled his and Dongwoons towels into one corner before getting to the bottom of the basket where the mismatched socks lay. The only company he had for the moment was the light filtering through the blinds in his room and the soft sound of even breathing calling from the other side of his room. After pairing all the socks together he drew out the last drawer neatly filling in the absent space leaving behind the towels on his bed.


Soft padded footsteps headed towards the cradle settled just beside his bed, a small lump resided in within the bed almost covered by the baby blue blanket. Soft tufts of black hair peaked out from the top giving away the fact that there was someone hidden under the blanket. A bundle of toys were scattered amongst the bed. Kikwang cautiously peeled the blanket back exposing Minguks face a little more; he had a habit of burying himself completely from head to toe in his blanket. Kikwang wondered how on earth he could sleep like that sometimes.


He watched Minguk fondly admiring the little body breath in and out, small plump hands clutched tightly at the blanket Yoseob had given to him a along  with a peter rabbit doll laying on its side across the other. Kikwang carefully leaned onto the barrier reaching out to gently comb his fingers through the messy hair. Minguk stirred in his sleep and Kikwang paused hoping that Minguk wouldn’t wake up now it was still a little early. His prayers were answered as Minguk turned himself over facing Kikwang in his sleep subconsciously leaning into the gentle hand above him yearning for more.


He’d almost teared up at the spot on how adorable his little Minguk was. He was really too cute for his own good no matter what he did.


He sat back at on the bed still watching his baby in front of him, Kikwang contemplated on taking a nap for a while just like his son but as tempting as that sounds he wanted to wait for his husband to come back. Dongwoon said that he would be back around 3 in the afternoon; his bedside clock told him there was only 42 minutes left until then. Forcing himself off the bed Kikwang winced a little at the pain on his back. All the past couple of days he spent slouched over his desk working away was starting to catch up to him; he collected the towels before heading off to the bathroom.


Thankfully Dongwoon would be finishing early today at his university since he only had to give out lectures for the day it was currently assignment week. So by the end of this week he’d finally get some free time for a while until he had to grade his student’s final work.


Kikwang on the other hand was glad that his working hours were flexible in comparison to his husband, as a composer Kikwang had the advantage of working from home or from his office at the main building. He did frequently visit the main headquarters for meetings and collaboration work with other producers for upcoming artists. He currently had a deadline taunting him from his shoulder, he had a couple of days left until he had to submit his draft to Junhyung and in all honesty he was getting nowhere with his lyrics.


Kikwang sighed as he hung the freshly cleaned face towels hung beside the large mirror. He was jealous of how words and melodies seem to flow easier for his co-workers; on the other hand Kikwang was constantly getting writers block with every attempt leaving a blank canvas on his screen in the end.


A sudden wail echoed into the toilet shattering his thoughts.


Kikwang sprinted into his room without a second thought almost colliding into the doorframe headfirst. “Mingukie” he cooed at the sight of his son, fat tears rolling down his cheeks, balled up chubby fists angrily rubbing his eyes.


“Baby don’t do that you’re gonna make them even more swollen.” He picked him up resting Minguk on his hip securing him in his hold with his left arm; with his free hand he pulled Minguk’s fists away from his face.


Kikwang planted a kiss on his forehead before Minguk hid his face into the crook of his neck smothering his shirt with tears and snot. “It’s okay Minnie, I got you now.” He drew shapes into Minguk’s back hoping to ease his sons crying. Gently swaying side to side as Minguk continued crying, although no matter what he did the poor tears didn’t seem to cease at all. However Kikwang knew that his little one was hungry from his nap but no matter Minguk refused to be fed, using all the strength he could muster to get away from Kikwang.


Kikwang was getting more worried by the second. With the way Minguk was crying broke his heart, his shirt was already thoroughly soaked and sweet little Minguk was definitely draining himself out.


He didn’t know what to do at this point. Kikwang sat back down on the bed with Minguk weeping in front of him. The curious big eyes that held the galaxy were now red brimmed eyes overflowing with tears “Gukkie, baby what’s wrong? Did you have a bad dream?” The only answer he received was Minguk’s loud sob, refusing to stay still in his arms shoving away the bottle from himself for the tenth time. If this continued any longer Minguk could easily pass out from dehydration by the way his tears never seemed to stop falling.


“Gukkie, please stop sweetie. You’re worrying appa right now. You have to eat sweetheart” His plea proved useless only urging Minguk to struggle even more.


It then dawned on Kikwang that he really can’t do anything right.


He couldn’t complete a simple draft of lyrics without completely erasing everything.


He couldn’t even coax his son into stop crying and feed from his bottle.


He felt useless. Who was he even kidding anymore he is useless, he can’t do anything at all. Just a pathetic excuse for a father, hell, he didn’t even deserve –


“Gukkie?”


Kikwang looked up seeing his dishevelled husband make a bee line straight towards Minguk, taking him into his arms, “Looks like the little prince is as fussy as ever from his nap.”


Dongwoon shuffled Minguk over to his other arm, his hand running through the messy bed hair whilst humming a tune successfully mulling Minguk’s wails into snivels and soft whimpers. Kikwang was stunned. It took him almost 20 minutes to get Minguk to stop crying and Dongwoon managed to effortlessly achieve that in just under a minute, he watched Dongwoon grab a tissue off the side to wipe away the tears.


“I’m glad I managed to get home just in time, rush hours are always the worst. Remind me to take the car—Kikwang?”


Kikwang stayed rooted in his spot openly staring at the two. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Did something happen?” Dongwoon sat beside his husband, his free hand cupped the side of his face. Worried does eyes scanning over the other rapidly.


“Kiki?”


“I” Kikwang tore his eyes away from Dongwoon’s gaze looking down at his slippers; the colour had faded after months of being worn. “Can’t do anything.”


“What do you mean by that?”


“I’m useless woonie; I can’t get anything done right. I can’t get Minguk to feed from his bottle because he hates me, I can’t even write up a simple draft of lyrics to submit by the end of this week without just trashing the whole thing because nothing is coming up right. I can’t do anything. I’m pathetic and stupid and—im just so tired woonie.”


Kikwang felt himself being embraced by the soothing cologne that he’d bought Dongwoon last month; a strong arm s around his waist hiding Kikwang within the hug. “Kiki, you’re wrong. You’re not useless or pathetic or even stupid practically everything degrading you’ve said about yourself is wrong. You’re not any of those things you said the only thing that you are is Lee Kikwang. Lee Kikwang a kind vibrant soul that’s always down to earth. Always putting up with my nonsense and loving me for who I am and everything I am not. Lee Kikwang my one and only love, my first and last love you complete me.”


Dongwoon shifted Minguk a little in his other arm, watching his son wake up again. Lifting his head off his father’s shoulder he soon came to realise his surroundings. Kikwang was reduced to sniffles letting Dongwoon’s words seep into his heart.


“Are you still having doubts about yourself?”


“No I just feel…a little embarrassed now.”


He kissed the crown of Kikwang’s head, taking in his partners vanilla scented shampoo. “As long as you don’t doubt yourself then that’s alright if you still don’t believe in yourself then I will continuously remind you how amazing you are every single day and second if I have too.”


Minguk pushed himself off of Dongwoon’s chest to stare at Kikwang. Eyes blinking sleepily as he stretched his arms over. His small hands grasped tight onto Kikwangs sweater. Dongwoon transferred Minguk into Kikwangs arms; he felt nothing but love and admiration at his two precious people. Minguk rubbed his face against the soft material of Kikwangs sweater eliciting a giggle from the owner. Knowing that his little prince was now hungry after causing a fuss he reached for the abandoned baby bottle from the side before successfully feeding Minguk letting his own son hold grasp onto the bottle.


Dongwoon smiled endearingly at Minguk and Kikwang bending down a little to kiss his sons nose then kissing Kikwang on the lips.



 


hello im still alive ddjkfkd i hope everyones been doing well its been a while so im sort of rusty with writing, also @wsp0905 I kind of strayed away from your prompt along the way but I hope you'll still enjoy the angst and fluff!!

Please drop me some prompts and comments ;^))