the eve

Through the Night
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol looks through the window – and sure enough, there’s Baekhyun standing outside of his door clutching his arms and shivering. The rain hadn’t stopped since this morning and it only grew stronger as the day stretches on. He doesn’t even need to look outside to tell how badly it was pouring. He grabs a towel and hurriedly opens the door for Baekhyun, ushering him inside and wrapping him in the towel he brought for the latter.

            “What were you thinking?” Chanyeol asks, tone a bit accusatory. He wasn’t even expecting him. Chanyeol knew why Baekhyun came, even when he insisted that he could finish the project all by himself – the other wouldn’t let him.

            “Well, I’m already here, so we might as well get started.” Baekhyun grins, cheeky and carefree that Chanyeol almost wanted to smack him for being such an idiot. He was still shivering, damn it.

            “Go take a bath first, I’ll bring you new clothes so you don’t drip all over the house.” Chanyeol says, even though he meant to say that he didn’t want the latter to get a cold. The weather is still bad, and if this continues – the power might even go out. He looks at Baekhyun’s tiny form, the towel covering almost all of his body and Chanyeol swallows the urge to wrap him in his arms where he could have fit perfectly. Baekhyun looks at him through his lashes, a sheepish smile on his lips and Chanyeol absolutely hates the way it makes his knees buckle every time. Just one smile from him is enough to make him melt into a puddle of goo.

            “I’ll take that warm shower,” Baekhyun says, already going to the direction of the bathroom. He’s already familiar in Chanyeol’s house since they spent doing most of the project here. It was because Chanyeol’s parents are almost, always never home – and the quiet makes it perfect to focus on their respective parts for the project, a stark contrast from Baekhyun’s lively household. Chanyeol goes through his closet to find some shirt and sweatpants that would be no doubt larger than Baekhyun’s frame. Just the thought of Baekhyun wearing his clothes make him warm all over – he dismisses the thought before it decides to drift into something else.

He hears the shower turn on and leaves the clothes on the foot of the bathroom door before trudging upstairs to retrieve their project. He must have spent a lot of time going through his things since Baekhyun had already finished by the time he got back down. A towel is slung over Baekhyun’s shoulders and his hair makes him look like a wet puppy that Chanyeol couldn’t resist the smile forming on his lips at the thought.

            “What?” Baekhyun asks, already mimicking Chanyeol’s smile even when he had no idea. Clueless. ing clueless even after all the time they’ve spent together and it must have also said a statement about Chanyeol’s utter lack of courage confessing to the older.

Please log in to read the full chapter