TLGS (PART 15)

JUST A STORY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "I think the old Jessica is still inside; just gave her a chance to find her way back to her surface."

     Jessica pushed herself out of the beanbag and went over and sat down on the wicker sofa beside Sunny. "But what if you're wrong?" She asked, searching Sunny's eyes for answers. "What if this is all I'll ever be a person without a past, a person to broken to have a real future?" A son tore at .

     Sunny reached over and patted Jessica's shoulder. "You're being too hard on yourself. Don't worry about the person you were; just concentrate on the person you are becoming. All the good things about you are still there."

     Jessica smiled grimly. "Taeyeon would say I think to much about myself. And I think he was right."

     "Why would you say that?"

     "Because since the accident, I've been totally consumed with myself. I can't think of anything or anyone else. My recovery has taken every ounce of strength and concentration I have. And I don't know maybe it made me a selfish person."

     "Not selfish. Self-focused maybe. I think it's more a matter of self-preservation."

     "Whatever you call it, somehow I need to find out how I am and what can I do with my life. I don't know where to start, Sunny, except to go back to the home and family I remember."

     a long silence enveloped them as someone rang the doorbell. Jessica jumped up and headed for the door. "I hope I didn't forget another appointment."

     A deliveryman greeted her with a long box tied with a large white bow. "Mrs. Jessica Kim?"

     "Yes," she said, stifling the impulse to say no.

     He handed her the box then a clipboard at her. "Sign here please."

     Without thinking, she sighed Jessica Jung.

     "Have a good day, Mrs. Kim." Tucking the clipboard under his arms, the man pivoted and strode back to his vehicle.

     Jessica carried he bax inside and set it on the kitchen counter. "I dont know what this is. I don't think I ordered anything."

     Sunny joined her at the counter. "It looks like a gift. Open it up."

     Jessica removed the lid and gazed down at a dozen red Rose's nestled in white tissue paper. "Wow! These are the most beautiful Rose's I've ever seen." Realizing what she had said, she chuckled and added, "At least, as far as I can remember."

     "Well, they're certainly the most gorgeous Rose's I've ever seen," said Sunny. "Is there s card?"

     Jessica picked up a small white envelope and opened it. "It says, 'From someone who cares more than you will ever know."

     "They must be from Taeng," said Sunny.

     "Why would he send me flowers?"

     "Because he l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter