TLAGS (PART 2)

JUST A STORY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAPPY TAENGSIC GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANMKS FOR THE SUBSCRIBERS ..........

HOPE YOU ENJOY :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                    Pounding, relentless rain drenched his face, blinding him. He was sandwiched between upholstery and a twisted steel frame. He tried to move. Everything hurt. Tangled metal was everywhere. Something was clamping his leg like a vise. His chest hurt. Hard to breathe. The taste of blood in his mouth, blood and rain water mixing in his throat, gagging him. He tried turning his head. Couldn’t see much with the rain and blood in his eyes. “Jessica?” he rasped. “Jessica, you okay?”

                    He look over where the passenger sit had been. It was covered with debris. The windshield is gone. Jessica was lying on the dashboard, her head face down on the crumpled hood. He wouldn’t have known it was Jessica, for all the blood. She’s dead! My baby’s dead!

                    He stretched his hand out to her, but the world was suddenly spinning, him into the vortex of darkness. From somewhere far away, he heard a siren screaming, or maybe he is the one screaming. He had to stay alert. Had to help the woman he loved. With consciousness ebbing, he fought to stay awake. At last, his eyes close and his hand fell to his side, while the rain, the scream, and the blood dissolved into darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

                   When he woke, he was lying in a hospital bed, hooked up to tubes and IV’s. His parents were sitting beside his bed, looking worried than he had ever seen them. He tried to talk, but his tongue feel like cotton. His mother got up and leaned over him, touching his cheek with her fingertips. “Taeng, honey, I love you baby!” her face looked pinched and her hair grayer than he remembered. She looked older than fifty-two years.

                   His father came around to the other side of the bed and squeezed his shoulder. “Hey boy, you give us quite a scare!”

                  “What . . . happened?”

                  His mother stifled a sob. “You were in an accident, honey.”

                  Taeyeon force out the words over the pain in his chest. “How bad . . . . Is it?’

                  “You’ve banged up pretty good,” said her father. “Got a cracked rib and torn ligaments in your leg. But, knowing you, you’ll be back on your feet in no time.”

                  Taeyeon managed a crooked grin. “But probably not today, huh?”

                  “No, not today son.” The lines in his dad’s face were deeper, his hair a little thinner, his frame heavier. How long since Taeyeon had seen his parents? Was it only six months? Yes, they had flown in California from the wedding last summer.

                   The wedding. Jessica!

                   Taeyeon tried to raise himself up, but his chest hurt too much, he couldn’t move his torso. “Where’s Jessica?” he cried. “Is she okay?”

His parents exchanged wary glances.

                  “Umma? Appa? She’s okay, isn’t she? I gotta see her----now!”

                  “You can’t honey.” His mother ran a cool, soothing hand over his forehead. “She’s in surgery, sweetheart.”

                 Taeyeon’s body tightened with alarm. “She’s not gonna die, is she?”

                 “We don’t know son,” his father said. “All we can do is pray. And trust God to watch over her.”

                 Taeyeon sank back and closed his eyes. “Please, God, don’t let her die!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

                    Darkness.

                    Heavy.

                    All-encompassing.

                    And then, a glimmer of light.

                      She felt herself through layers of blackness toward it, sloughing off fingers of night reluctant to her go. She open her eyes to stark whiteness, too bright, nearly painful with brightness. She closed her lids and focused on her own breathing----the ragged intake of air-----her chest rising then falling as the air escaped her nostrils, the steady rhythm of her breathing comforted her, although she had no idea why she needed comfort.

                      She wasn’t in pain. Except for the sensation of her own breathing, she wasn’t sure she was even connected to her body. She couldn’t feel her hands, fingers, legs, toes. She was floating somewhere in space, unfettered by earth.

                      Was this what it was like to die?

                      She blinked against the light, slowly adjusting to the brightness. As the physical parameters of the room took shape, her vision swept over foreign pieces of equipment, tubes, and wires----odd contraptions that held no meaning for her----and anonymous painting of unfamiliar places framed against blank, white walls. Machines whirred and pinged around her with a persistent drone. And the smells assaulting her nostrils were medical, sterile, and heavily antiseptic.

                      This isn’t heaven!

                     Then, where am I?

                     She closed her eyes and waited. It was as if something important had been on tip of her tongue, at the very edge of her mind, and now it had escape, had receded from her consciousness into a massive fog bank. She couldn’t retrieve it, and yet, she was aware of it, aware of its loss, just as she was aware of vast store of information---memories, feelings, impressions----stealing away into murkiness, like a dream that fades on waking, just beyond her grasp.

                      taste stale, musty, as if she had asleep for eons. Yes, that was it. She had overslept. That was why she felt so sluggish, so disconnected from her body, her thoughts so jumbled. She tried to move, but her arms and legs refuse to respond. How could she have slept so long that she couldn’t rouse her own body? It had to be the bed. It was too firm not her bed. Why was she in someone else’s bed?

                     She heard a voice speaking from a great distance away. A man’s voice. Sounding urgent, agitated. “Jessica? Jessica! Thank God, you’re awake!”

                     She stared up into the face of a stranger. He was tall and had broad-shoulder, with curly, dark brown hair and thin brows over a gentle brown eyes. He was bending over her, his strong hands on her shoulders, his sturdy, chiseled face wet with tears. She opened to scream, but no sounds emerged. The man released her and ran from the room. She sank back against her pillow, her heart hammering.

                      Just when she thought she was safe, several people----apparitions in white---burst into the ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter