TLAGS (PART 1)

JUST A STORY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                      “Hey, my cute little snuggle-bunny, wake-up!”

                      Jessica rolled over and stretched languorously. She wasn’t ready to let go of her lovely, pastel dreams. But, as usual, her dear husband wasn’t about to let her sleep. “One more minute, Taengoo,” she pleaded.

                     “Thirty seconds.”

                      “Forty-five.” She pressed on foot against his legs.

                      “Hey, babe, stop that. Your feet are cold.”

                       “I know. Aren’t you my personal foot warmer?”

                       He raised up one elbow. “So that’s why you married me!”

                      “That and a million other reasons, Mr. Kim.”

                      “Really, Mrs. Kim?” he pulled her into his arms. “I’d love to hear every one.”

                     “It would take a lifetime.”

                     “That’s okay.” He kissed the top of her head. “I’m yours for a lifetime.”

                     “Me too.” She loved snuggling like this in the mornings—lying in the curve of her husband’s arms, her head on his chest, his heart beating against her check. It was like being in a warm, safe harbor. Taeyeon was the kindest, most handsome man she had ever known. And he was hers. “Taengoo, I dreamed about our wedding,” she murmured lazily. “We were there on Keauhou Beach under a trellis of plumeria and roses, and the sun had turned the ocean a shimmering gold. Everyone was there cheering us on---our families from the mainland, Yuri and Tiffany and all our other friends from the church and the university. It was perfect.”

                     “That wasn’t a dream, honey. That’s how it really was.”

                     “I know. Can you believe it’s been six whole months? It seems like yesterday. And I was reliving every delicious moment. Until you woke me up!” She sat up, grabbing her pillow, and give him a playful swat.

                     “So it’s a pillow fight you want? Well, you’ve met your match!” He sized his pillow and fling it at her. She caught it, but before she could throw it back, he grabbed her around the waist and tickled her.

                     “Not fair!” she cried between fits of giggles.

                     “All’s fair in love and war! And this both!”

                     She wriggled out of his grasp. “Truce! Truce!”

                     He release her, and they both lay back laughing. She looked over at her smiling husband. His chestnut brown hair was mussed, with several wayward strands curling over his forehead. His brown eyes were twinkling. He reminded her of a mischievous little boy. “Look at us, Taengoo, acting like children! I haven’t even gotten out of the bed yet, and I’m already exhausted.”

                    “Well, catch your breath, babe, because we are driving to Hilo for a day of fun in the sun. I want to be on the road in an hour.”

                    “Fun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter